Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 20:50   #406
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parikshat View Post
I've been offered the same Tata Aig Pearl Plan from Linkway Honda in Mumbai. They say that this is a tie-up only between them and Tata (its confusing why Tata would not extend it to all dealers)

Some highlights that they marketed - 100% coverage for parts and labour, 0% depreciation in case of damage (Dealer's quote "100% coverage even if your bumper is scratched"); Coverage for any contents in the car lost due to theft. Further said that there is no other insurance company who offers the same
Parikshat thats a story even I heard when I spoke to another branch of Linkway (autobahn) they told me that only the auto hangar group has a "special" tie up with Tata AIG
When I went shopping for insurance, I spoke to a number of brokers and I learnt that this plan is available from TATA AIG any customer
Now the other players in the insurance space are following suit - I heard that even bajaj allianz is offering such a plan
So I dont think you should buy thier story
Call up the insurance companies yourself and speak to them for more clarity..atleast thats what I did
Anurag1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 08:31   #407
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parikshat View Post
I've been offered the same Tata Aig Pearl Plan from Linkway Honda in Mumbai. They say that this is a tie-up only between them and Tata (its confusing why Tata would not extend it to all dealers)

Some highlights that they marketed - 100% coverage for parts and labour, 0% depreciation in case of damage (Dealer's quote "100% coverage even if your bumper is scratched"); Coverage for any contents in the car lost due to theft. Further said that there is no other insurance company who offers the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1973 View Post
Parikshat thats a story even I heard when I spoke to another branch of Linkway (autobahn) they told me that only the auto hangar group has a "special" tie up with Tata AIG
When I went shopping for insurance, I spoke to a number of brokers and I learnt that this plan is available from TATA AIG any customer
Now the other players in the insurance space are following suit - I heard that even bajaj allianz is offering such a plan
So I dont think you should buy thier story
Call up the insurance companies yourself and speak to them for more clarity..atleast thats what I did
As far as I know there are three insurance company currently offering this type of plan: -

1. Tata Aig
2. Cholamandalam
3. Bajaj
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 12:18   #408
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

People do ask me that “Why I am so negative for Icici and Reliance general insurance company?” “Do I have any personal fight with them?”

On this thread I would like to clarify one thing very clearly that I don’t have any personal fight with them but I have had some bitter (or may be strange) experience with them let me tell you two of them.

One of the claim’s manger of Icici had been to my office, as he wanted me to join Icici Lombard for general insurance business. As I was asking him that “how is your claim’s working in the market?” he told me very clearly that “We have been told from the management that even if the claim’s are payable you have to reject every 10th claim which comes for payment!!!” as “Not all the client will fight for the claim’s and will go to consumer court for the payment of their claim.” Then I asked him “Why do you do that? What is the purpose of doing this to client? Will you not spoil your name in the market?” this reply was really shocking to me, he told me “Rupesh bhai Indian market me log sirf rate dekhte hai aur kuch nahi, we give the best (lowest) quotes and we take the business from market and even if our name is spoiled in the market we are not worried as all the news paper’s and T.V. media is take care by our subsidiary company.”

Guys, I wish I could have recorded that meeting; I would have gone to IRDA and cancel the license of doing the business of insurance in India for six years.

Second incident was with Reliance their health claim’s manger was with me and I ask him that you have stated the product of Rs. 1,00,000/- health insurance at the cost of Rs. 999/- (or may be Rs. 900/-) What happened to the renewal of that product?

They charged Rs. 1100/- on the renewal and on the third year they charged Rs. 1300/- where as the industry stranded rate is Rs. 1050/- to Rs. 1200/- only. He told me that this is our company policy to charge very low at the beginning and then slowly and gradually go on charging high to a client where in customer dose not have any options but to continue doing business with us only. We did the same thing in Reliance India mobile, we started it with Rs. 500/- same we did it in reliance power supply.

Company which has this kind of strategy of fooling the customer, cannot survive long term in the market. I know I am a small man telling that reliance will not survive in the market for long time but I am sure that I will not do any business with a company like this.

Let me clarify one thing, I know this a public forum where in I am not suppose to attack someone like this, but at the same time giving true advice is my business and this post has nothing to fight but has only one thing which is TRUTH.

Mod: - If you find that this is wrong you can delete this post, I don’t mind.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 16:00   #409
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 103 Times
Default

^^^ Glad you mentioned these experiences. The post should most certainly not be deleted. But I'm not surprised. I'v had my experience with Reliance Mobile, and can get an inkling to how they might function. Both ICICI and Reliance (ADA Group at least) seem to have the worst reputation, at least amongst those who bother to be in the know.

Quote:
reply was really shocking to me, he told me “Rupesh bhai Indian market me log sirf rate dekhte hai aur kuch nahi, we give the best (lowest) quotes and we take the business from market and even if our name is spoiled in the market we are not worried as all the news paper’s and T.V. media is take care by our subsidiary company.”
This is so true. Recently, as I needed to get my bikes insured, I did a li'l research from my friends/colleagues. But not a single person seemed to take insurance with any seriousness. Low rates seem to be the only interesting point for most of them; besides beliefs like PSU companies are safer and more reliable. All other issues are secondary. One of my friends who is insured with Reliance. When I mentioned that the company is amongst the least trustworthy, he casually said: "who cares! Will see if the need arises. It isn't worth bothering about such small things in life". With this kind of customer attitude, these crafty strategies of companies like ICICI and ADA Reliance group will definitely work, as bulk of customers will fall for them.

Last edited by Raccoon : 6th October 2009 at 16:02.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 11:53   #410
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Claim's not payable.

Dear All,

All Bajaj's motor insurance policy has a new rule:-

Any policy issued with a No Claim Bonus wrongly given, will be rejected and will not be approved as non-standard claim without any devaition.
w.e.f. 5th October, 2009.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 12:34   #411
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,614
Thanked: 1,348 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Dear All,

All Bajaj's motor insurance policy has a new rule:-

Any policy issued with a No Claim Bonus wrongly given, will be rejected and will not be approved as non-standard claim without any devaition.
w.e.f. 5th October, 2009.
Hello Vora,

This is nothing new. May be Bajaj is now higlighting this. All insurance policies - motor and non motor - have this as a condition in the contract of insurance.

If you reacall my post on the NCB thread, I had stated that giving wrong NCB details when a new policy is incepted tantamounts to a "breach of utmost goodfaith" one of the cardinal principles of any contract of insurance.

When this happens the contract is null and void and insurer is well with in their legal rights to reject the claims summarily and chances of a redressal from any forum would be rather remote.

Good you have high lighted this so that the bros here would be aware of this and would refrain from any such suggestions from any one.

Best Regards and Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 15:47   #412
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
"breach of utmost goodfaith"
You are Right!!! Just last month one of this case had happened with one of my client and bajaj had settled a claim just 10% less then the correct claim amount. Till now they were settling the claim but from now on they will not.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 16:07   #413
BHPian
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 447
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Thanks to this forum, I have prevailed upon my earlier car insurer ICICI Lombard to give me the No claim Bonus Certificate ( it was sent by email) after much calling up. It took them almost 6 months to send me this. My NCB says that the certificate is valid for a period of 2 months with the date stamp on June 2009. Actually I got the certificate only last week.

Can I still use this NCB to lower my Car insurance premium for my present car which comes up for renewal in december ?

I have accumulated for 3 years (30 %).
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 16:22   #414
BHPian
 
somebodystopme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 499
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Hi am planning to make a purchase from a dealer who has only cashless facility with following:
Oriental,
Future Genral,
United India,
ICICI lombard,

Personally I am not very much interested in Oriental, I do have oriental but have been calling them for two days for a small mistake in my renewal from there end all there numbers are always busy and my agent is not picking up the phone.
Which one should be my choice?
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 16:29   #415
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,614
Thanked: 1,348 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Can I still use this NCB to lower my Car insurance premium for my present car which comes up for renewal in december ?

I have accumulated for 3 years (30 %).
Yes you can use it, as NCB Certificate is valid for 2-3 years from the date of issue. Hope they have send it to you by e-mail as a printable attachement (like a pdf or tif file )

Best Regards and Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 16:33   #416
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,614
Thanked: 1,348 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
You are Right!!! Just last month one of this case had happened with one of my client and bajaj had settled a claim just 10% less then the correct claim amount. Till now they were settling the claim but from now on they will not.
Vora,

Again inspite of what they say, I am sure they will exercise their discreationary power where they would not allow a genuine innocent customer to suffer (I hope)

Best Regards Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 19:36   #417
Senior - BHPian
 
Raccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Poona
Posts: 1,832
Thanked: 103 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Hi am planning to make a purchase from a dealer who has only cashless facility with following:
Oriental,
Future Genral,
United India,
ICICI lombard,

Personally I am not very much interested in Oriental, I do have oriental but have been calling them for two days for a small mistake in my renewal from there end all there numbers are always busy and my agent is not picking up the phone.
Which one should be my choice?
Unless you get better advice from someone with personal experience, If I were you, I'd most likely go with Future Generali. From your list, 2 are PSUs, ICICI has a bad name (as I'm sure you might have read). That leaves out FG.

Personally, I only have experience with Oriental in the past (but no experience with claims).

Last edited by Raccoon : 8th October 2009 at 19:37.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 09:13   #418
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Thanks to this forum, I have prevailed upon my earlier car insurer ICICI Lombard to give me the No claim Bonus Certificate ( it was sent by email) after much calling up. It took them almost 6 months to send me this. My NCB says that the certificate is valid for a period of 2 months with the date stamp on June 2009. Actually I got the certificate only last week.

Can I still use this NCB to lower my Car insurance premium for my present car which comes up for renewal in december ?

I have accumulated for 3 years (30 %).
I think there is something wrong with the figure which you have given it should be 25% and not 30%. First year 0% then 20% then 25% and then 35% NCB certificate is valid for 3 year's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Hi am planning to make a purchase from a dealer who has only cashless facility with following:
Oriental,
Future Genral,
United India,
ICICI lombard,

Personally I am not very much interested in Oriental, I do have oriental but have been calling them for two days for a small mistake in my renewal from there end all there numbers are always busy and my agent is not picking up the phone.
Which one should be my choice?
Only option left is Future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Vora,

Again inspite of what they say, I am sure they will exercise their discreationary power where they would not allow a genuine innocent customer to suffer (I hope)

Best Regards Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Brother Ram,

Since they have issued a letter I can say that they will not use their special powers. At the same time, we also need to understand that if some one has given wrong declaration then he has to be penalize for the same otherwise people will misuse the concept of NCB.

Thank you for your valuable inputs on this thread.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 15:07   #419
BHPian
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 447
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Thanks r_nairtvm for clearing this up.

rjvora_2000 - Actually my NCB comes to 35 %. Good na ?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 13:29   #420
BHPian
 
rajswiftvdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA
Posts: 66
Thanked: Once
Default Help to Cancel Loan

Hi Guys,

I had booked a car with RNS motors, bangalore, 2 months back and not yet heard anything positive from them so far, other than pushing me to go for another variant. At this point they dont have any clue when the car can be delivered!.

My loan had already approved from HDFC and had been transferred to Dealer a month back, also first month EMI has already been paid.

Now if I choose to Cancel the booking and go for another brand like fiat punto\indica vista, whether this loan can be transferred? if so whats the procedure?

Thanks
Raj
rajswiftvdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health insurance queries? Ask me! Haste Shifting gears 350 22nd November 2016 19:29
Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section rocksterraghu In-Car Entertainment 695 9th August 2016 07:54
Automobile Insurance - FAQ rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 71 28th October 2015 18:28
P-150 classic for sale .What can i ask for jango Motorbikes 1 31st March 2006 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:05.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks