Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 08:45   #1201
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nasik
Posts: 105
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
No I don't think so as this will be the part normal, regular wear and tear which will not be payable.
Thank you sir . some more clarification.

Bajaj Allianz is offering additional cover of 40000Rs under electrical accessories for Car Air conditioner.
Also last year my idv was 6.3 lakhs now bajaj has given quote for (6.6 lakh + Rs 40000) idv as 11800 Rs with 25% ncb included.

Higher IDV in 3rd year what are the pros and cons , is there any thing in fine print which need to be clarified from Bajaj.

Wonder why existing insurance company always give a higher quote despite no claims.

Any dis-advantage of changing insurance companies for availing cheaper insurance?
YVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 14:13   #1202
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

I have a '97 M800. It was covered under insurance until midnight of 31st may. On 31st may around 21:00 hours a biker hit me when I was standing still waiting for traffic to clear for a turn. My windscreen was damaged, so was my front fender and door. Thankfully, the biker wasn't really hurt and we both went our ways.

Now my question is, before applying for a new policy, should I get my car repaired? Or, if i get a new policy, can I claim for insurance once I get the car repaired? Its usually Dad who handles these things but he is busy and out of station so its on me now to work things out.

Advice needed.

regards
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 10:33   #1203
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts View Post
My question is regarding the Sun Control Films. I have installed Huper Optik Ceramic series films which come with a 10 year comprehensive warranty. It includes peeling off, yellowing, fading, chipping, etc. If I were to get this added on to the policy, what will be the re-imbursement rule in case of glass breakage? Will I get 100% for the glass & 50% for the film or will I get 100% less proportionate depreciation for the film as it is guarantedd for 10 years.
When you say your film is covered under "comprehensive warranty" I understand the glass breakage will not be covered. Under insurance your glass is payable 100% and sun film 50% only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
Bajaj Allianz is offering additional cover of 40000Rs under electrical accessories for Car Air conditioner.
Also last year my idv was 6.3 lakhs now bajaj has given quote for (6.6 lakh + Rs 40000) idv as 11800 Rs with 25% ncb included.

Higher IDV in 3rd year what are the pros and cons , is there any thing in fine print which need to be clarified from Bajaj.

Wonder why existing insurance company always give a higher quote despite no claims.

Any dis-advantage of changing insurance companies for availing cheaper insurance?
This is wrong quote. If last year's IDV was Rs. 6,30,000/- then current IDV should be Rs. 5,67,000/- Maximum. I think you have Fabia, in which AC is something which is fitted by company and it's part of basic model. - You can not insure it separately as again wear and tear will not be payable even if you insure it.

Don't increase the IDV without any valid reason, insurance company will not pay you claim.

Please reduce the IDV, remove AC cover and I think your insurance premium will come down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Now my question is, before applying for a new policy, should I get my car repaired? Or, if i get a new policy, can I claim for insurance once I get the car repaired?
So your car is not insured currently?

It will not be easy (I am not saying impossible as legally you can claim but it is difficult to prove the time of your accident) for you to claim the current damages in your car. I will advice you to repair your car by your self and then insure it.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 21:56   #1204
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,819
Thanked: 331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
True but only thing is the fitting is of rubber and that's why the cost is paid only 50% of fittings.

Sorry I disagree from experience. I just got my Octavia's windshield changed. Paid only 1100/- for the rubbery glue. There are few cars today that need rubber beadings to fit a windshield.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 09:57   #1205
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Sorry I disagree from experience. I just got my Octavia's windshield changed. Paid only 1100/- for the rubbery glue. There are few cars today that need rubber beadings to fit a windshield.
If you change the rubber bidding then you have to bare the 50% cost of that part. In your case they have used only glue and that's the reason the cost of your payment is less.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 18:58   #1206
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 186
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi,

I got the following quote from Bajaj for my 2007 model SX4 Zxi. Can you have a look and confirm if the IDV and premium calculations are ok? (The car is registered in Ghaziabad).

MARUTI SX42007
INSURED DECLARED VALUE 460000
BASIC PREMIUM (3.343%) 15377.8

TOTAL BASIC 15377
COMPANY DISCOUNT (LESS 45) 6920
8458
NCB DISCOUNT 35% 2960
TOTAL OD 5498
THIRD PARTY 2500
OWNER 100
PASSENGERS 200
DRIVER 25
TOTAL 8323
SER.TAX 10.30% 857.269
NET PREMIUM 9180

FINAL PREMIUM IS9180

Last edited by Shankyz : 15th June 2010 at 18:59. Reason: formatting error
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 16:26   #1207
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Yes this is a good quote, 45% + 35% discount is a good deal for sure....
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 12:35   #1208
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 239
Thanked: 102 Times
Default

Hi,

I needed some advice on reviving an old car to come back on the roads

I have a 99 Daewoo Matiz with a KA registration (I am in Pune). The car has been lying idle for more than two years now. I tried selling this in Pune but have not been successful so far since this is a KA registered car.

Now I have thought of bringing this back to life and start using it. Once I get this car up and running I plan to either get this transfered to MH or drive to Bangalore / Belgaum and sell it there. But that is for another post; my first target is to get this car up and running.

My questions are around getting this car insured:
  1. Since this was lying idle for so long it was never insured in these 2.5 years. Can I get insurance for this car now? I am okay with TP cover
  2. I own another car, so can I get a NCB using my existing policy?
  3. Which insurance companies should I approach for getting the car covered now?
  4. Will it be a problm to get a KA car insured in Maharastra?
  5. Will I need any additional documentation since the car was not insured for more than two years now?
Thanks.
ptushar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 09:34   #1209
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
  1. Since this was lying idle for so long it was never insured in these 2.5 years. Can I get insurance for this car now? I am okay with TP cover
  2. I own another car, so can I get a NCB using my existing policy?
  3. Which insurance companies should I approach for getting the car covered now?
  4. Will it be a problm to get a KA car insured in Maharastra?
  5. Will I need any additional documentation since the car was not insured for more than two years now?
Thanks.
1. You will get TP insurance easily.
2. That is not advisable. You will have to sell your current car to someone to get NCB transferred in your Matiz car.
3. Any government insurance company is a good option for you.
4. No problem at all.
5. You need to go to any insurance company branch along with your car and RC book.

Since Matiz does not have a good resale value, I will advice you not to waste your money in Comprehensive Insurance Policy(CIP). Secondly you clearly want to sell your car because of CIP you will not get high sale value.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 11:33   #1210
BHPian
 
faridsahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Dear rjvora,
My Vista is due for insurance renewal on 6th July 2010. I am planning to go with Bajaj Allianz and asked for the quote. My car is a year old (july 2009 model) and previuos insurance was with New India Assurance which came free with my new car (could not make a choice). Premium value was 12,637.
I have made two claims worth 6820 and 3500 each in a year !
The IDV value of the new car was 4,47,446.

What should I expect from Bajaj Allianz now? like IDV value, Premium & discounts (if any ) ?
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 12:08   #1211
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
What should I expect from Bajaj Allianz now? like IDV value, Premium & discounts (if any) ?
Maximum IDV should be 402700. I have my doughs on discounts. There will be 0% NCB for sure. If you bargain then you might get OD discount.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 12:16   #1212
BHPian
 
faridsahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Maximum IDV should be 402700. I have my doughs on discounts. There will be 0% NCB for sure. If you bargain then you might get OD discount.
Thanks for the quick reply. What is OD discount ?
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 12:29   #1213
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. What is OD discount ?
Other then NCB you get more discount which has many names.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 18:10   #1214
BHPian
 
falcon009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 88
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Hi rjvora_2000 had a query. I have maruti insurance and paying a premium of about 11k.
Can you please clarify the following for me :
1. Is there any limit to the number of claims in a year/lifetime?
2. Does the yearly premium get effected if insurance is claimed?
3. What percentage do i have to pay for the damages?

Last edited by falcon009 : 19th June 2010 at 18:11.
falcon009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 19:10   #1215
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 239
Thanked: 102 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
1. You will get TP insurance easily.
2. That is not advisable. You will have to sell your current car to someone to get NCB transferred in your Matiz car.
3. Any government insurance company is a good option for you.
4. No problem at all.
5. You need to go to any insurance company branch along with your car and RC book.

Since Matiz does not have a good resale value, I will advice you not to waste your money in Comprehensive Insurance Policy(CIP). Secondly you clearly want to sell your car because of CIP you will not get high sale value.
@rjvora
Thank you for the clarifications.
ptushar is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health insurance queries? Ask me! Haste Shifting gears 350 22nd November 2016 19:29
Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section rocksterraghu In-Car Entertainment 695 9th August 2016 07:54
Automobile Insurance - FAQ rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 71 28th October 2015 18:28
P-150 classic for sale .What can i ask for jango Motorbikes 1 31st March 2006 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks