Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 6th January 2009, 14:14   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I wonder how you understood this!!! you are right. Again 100%

Normally they take the photo's of the car which they are suppose to keep with them for seven year's minimum. So they will have everything with them in printing.
Clearly you know this insurance topic more than me, so I will back off - you must be right

One more doubt though - what happens when I go back to garage 2 months down the line with a new scratch/ dent that is overlapping with one of the previous remaining scratch/ dent? Will the surveyor then ask the garage to repair the new scratch in such a way as to leave the previous one "un-repaired"

I am already getting some ideas here (though in my case it will not be needed as ICICI anyway is paying for the scratch now)
DDGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 17:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDGuy View Post
Clearly you know this insurance topic more than me, so I will back off - you must be right

One more doubt though - what happens when I go back to garage 2 months down the line with a new scratch/ dent that is overlapping with one of the previous remaining scratch/ dent? Will the surveyor then ask the garage to repair the new scratch in such a way as to leave the previous one "un-repaired"

I am already getting some ideas here (though in my case it will not be needed as ICICI anyway is paying for the scratch now)
You have to fight with Company you will get the benefit of that.

Answering you your query I think they will pay you because there is bigger and NEW scratch.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 18:48   #33
BHPian

Final update: Collected by Car yesterday. The total repair bill was 10,098/- out of which ICICI paid 7,771/- and I had to pay 2,327/- (which includes 1,000/- towards the claim charges for the 2 claims). Obviously A.s.s. makes a lot of money in repair charges as the material cost in all this was just 2,563/- (Main Bumper+ Small Plastic Grill+ 1 Fog Lamp), rest all was painting and tinkering.

Had a full service too and the Car is as good as new now - running smooth too :-)
Old 8th January 2009, 21:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDGuy View Post
Had a full service too and the Car is as good as new now - running smooth too :-)
Good for you!
How much is the penalty in terms of the next premium? ie.. loss of NCB
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 09:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Good for you!
I think 25% NCB that was told by him in the first post.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 17:17   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Good for you!
Around 1400/- is my guess based on existing NCB and the fact the next year the IDV will be lower