Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 7th January 2009, 17:12   #1

Question Selling my hypothecated car to another person whos taking a loan

Hi

I am buying a NHC and selling off my Indigo. I went forward and booked my NHC making a down payment. I got a customer to buy my indigo, but his bank wouldnt touch it till I get an NOC.

Now, it didnt strike me as a big problem until it dawned on me that I need to pay off the debt first (its a double whammy when you have paid down payment for the new car).

Is there a way out of this like - I go with the client and his DSA, and they make the payment on my behalf. When I get the NOC, I can give it to them. Also the bank will send the NOC by mail only.

I am kind of skeptical of all this. What if:
1. he backs out (okay - I can take an advance from him)
2. the bank will give the client DD when I give the NOC. How can I make sure I get my money.

I know I am not the first person to encounter such a situation, please let me know if theres a way out.

thanks
sabka.raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 09:58   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I go with the client and his DSA, and they make the payment on my behalf.
No bank will release a payment without an NOC, I doubt this is even an option with the big names. You would have to clear the outstanding loan in this case.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 20:43   #3

I have initiated the pre-closure process.
thanks GTO.
sabka.raja is offline   Reply With Quote