Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 17:40   #1
BHPian
 
Pace in Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 10 Times
Exclamation Cheating by ICICI Lombard

I got the delivery of the Swift VDi ABS on the 24th of March 2008 and was registered on the 25th of March 2008.

But when I got my insurance renewal in February 2009 I was shocked to see that they that issued the policy on the 18th of February only......

They have insured a car which did not even exist at that time as the model manufacturing date is it self is sometime in Feb.....

On letting them know this they are telling it is my fault to have paid them in advance..... (Dealer Instruction) and they tell me this year after I renew it they will give my complete one year coverage this time round... what has happened has happened??????

How they insured a car without engine no and chassis no is a mystery which i would love being solved.....

Be careful with these guys.....
They also took a cheque of an different amount and the policy is off different amount???
Pace in Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:29   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 258
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Few months ago I got an sms from them to pay x amount with the policy number etc.
I checked on the site and found that the policy covers some santro.
Point 1. I dont hv any ICICI insurance.
P2. I dont hv santro.

I am planning to lodge complaint with the RBI authorities that they are trying to make unsuspecting people pay for someone else's property.
subscrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:43   #3
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,653
Thanked: 2,013 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
Few months ago I got an sms from them to pay x amount with the policy number etc.
I checked on the site and found that the policy covers some santro.
Point 1. I dont hv any ICICI insurance.
P2. I dont hv santro.

I am planning to lodge complaint with the RBI authorities that they are trying to make unsuspecting people pay for someone else's property.
Arre yaar... agreed these guys do not have the best of ethics when it comes to their business practices (and we have too many people here who suffered) but still cut them some slack yaa.

In your case it is a simple case of good intentions gone wrong. They have a wrong cell number and hence the owner of the Santro who is covered by that policy did not receive the reminder and it landed up with you. Just ask them to rectify their records and remove your cell number from their records. They are definitely not trying to make you pay for someone else's car policy.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:50   #4
BHPian
 
mmmjgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: BOM, PNQ, DXB
Posts: 398
Thanked: 21 Times
Default IRDA for insurance complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
Few months ago I got an sms from them to pay x amount with the policy number etc.
I checked on the site and found that the policy covers some santro.
Point 1. I dont hv any ICICI insurance.
P2. I dont hv santro.

I am planning to lodge complaint with the RBI authorities that they are trying to make unsuspecting people pay for someone else's property.
Hi Subscrive, you need to complain to the IRDA which regulates the insurance industry in India. The link is Welcome to IRDA

I say this as I have marketed insurance on B2C level and have dealt with the IRDA for my employee's certifications.

Cheers.

M M
mmmjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 12:11   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace in Blood View Post
I got the delivery of the Swift VDi ABS on the 24th of March 2008 and was registered on the 25th of March 2008.

But when I got my insurance renewal in February 2009 I was shocked to see that they that issued the policy on the 18th of February only......

They have insured a car which did not even exist at that time as the model manufacturing date is it self is sometime in Feb.....

On letting them know this they are telling it is my fault to have paid them in advance..... (Dealer Instruction) and they tell me this year after I renew it they will give my complete one year coverage this time round... what has happened has happened??????

How they insured a car without engine no and chassis no is a mystery which i would love being solved.....

Be careful with these guys.....
They also took a cheque of an different amount and the policy is off different amount???
Why did you opt for ICICI. You should have gone with Maruti cashless insurance providers - either National or Royal Sundaram. Both these are really good. You can also get it renewed online when the first policy is about to expire.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 12:27   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Why did you opt for ICICI. You should have gone with Maruti cashless insurance providers - either National or Royal Sundaram. Both these are really good. You can also get it renewed online when the first policy is about to expire.
@PIB, advise switching now itself as suggested by DF.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 15:00   #7
BHPian
 
Pace in Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 10 Times
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
@PIB, advise switching now itself as suggested by DF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Why did you opt for ICICI. You should have gone with Maruti cashless insurance providers - either National or Royal Sundaram. Both these are really good. You can also get it renewed online when the first policy is about to expire.
Dear Bhpians,

Thank you for your concern,
But ICICI also has chashless with them.....
And I have not opted for it the dealer and the financer both suggested as I am banking with ICICI and even the loan is from ICICI it would be better to go with them as paper work would be less. (got caught over here)

But now I have opted out of these policies and have gone over to BAJAJ Allianz for which i have very good experiance in both issuing and claiming.

Thanks once again
Tanay
Pace in Blood is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 15:20   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,404
Thanked: 4,093 Times
Default

It looks like a regular practice from their side.

Read more here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...assed-law.html (ICICI - Blatant cheating of customers & the (In)justice that is passed of as the law)

And here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uck-again.html (ICICI Lombard trying to make a quick buck again)
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 16:29   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Frankly speaking, I don't think so that insurance company will be able to help you on this issue. They normally have a very good relationship with the dealer.

Sirji I am not saying that it is your mistake but if you would have checked the dates when you had a cover note or insurance policy at that time it would be an easy task but now....

Still you can do this: -

1. Tell your dealer it's basically his mistake.
2. Don't hurry-up in transferring your insurance policy to other company.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 14:29   #10
BHPian
 
Pace in Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Dear Vora,

They did not give me a policy copy till the time of renewal. I kept on asking and to my bad luck i was posted in bangalore after buying the car for 10 months in bangalore and even i gave up.

I have lost the battle here i understand, but was just warning others of what these people are capable of doing.....

Drive Safely,
Tanay
Pace in Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 17:38   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

I think this might just be a case of simple mix up and not something that was done with an intent to cheat.

Having said that, I was with ICICI Lombard for just the first year, but moved out to Bajaj from the next. Why? Cashless with Maruti A.S.S and I kept reading bad experience with claims from ICICI. With Bajaj, have done 2~3 claims and all were a non-issue experience.
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 10:24   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace in Blood View Post
Dear Vora,

They did not give me a policy copy till the time of renewal. I kept on asking and to my bad luck i was posted in bangalore after buying the car for 10 months in bangalore and even i gave up.

I have lost the battle here i understand, but was just warning others of what these people are capable of doing.....

Drive Safely,
Tanay
Insurance is a contract by both the party's. If one person (You) does not have the copy of the contract then they could be fined by IRDA.

What you or any one who does not have the insurance copy can do is Call the toll free no. of your insurance company and they will help you getting the insurance copy.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 00:48   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Insurance also has an Ombudsman. Write to them/IRDA. All these complaints and logged and the company has to report back and file the result/outcome in every single case , within a stipulated time frame.
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 08:54   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Insurance also has an Ombudsman. Write to them/IRDA. All these complaints and logged and the company has to report back and file the result/outcome in every single case , within a stipulated time frame.
But the sad part is IRDA is very slow in replying to query's.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 19:33   #15
BHPian
 
Sha09mel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 56
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Tanay, I had the same xperience with icici lombard they issued the policy 5mth after delivery of the car & numerous calls to the dealer. Still the policy was not delivered to my address but had to call the icici helpline and download the policy from the net. Still the original has not been delivered to my address. Lost hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace in Blood View Post
Dear Vora,

They did not give me a policy copy till the time of renewal. I kept on asking and to my bad luck i was posted in bangalore after buying the car for 10 months in bangalore and even i gave up.

I have lost the battle here i understand, but was just warning others of what these people are capable of doing.....

Drive Safely,
Tanay
Sha09mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICICI Lombard: Send photo of your current policy, get quote for insurance renewal ghodlur Indian Car Loans & Insurance 2 5th August 2015 10:08
ICICI Lombard launches long-term 2-wheeler insurance policy Aditya Motorbikes 9 3rd August 2015 15:29
Sparky Dies a Brave Death: ICICI Lombard plays truant ketantendulkar Indian Car Loans & Insurance 42 20th March 2012 13:31
ICICI Lombard trying to make a quick buck again nirmalts Indian Car Loans & Insurance 30 27th August 2007 16:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks