Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 29th September 2009, 17:19   #1
BANNED

Default Transferring insurance after change of registration

Hi all,

Need your help on a particular issue - I recently transferred from Pune to Bangalore & got my car reregistered here (4.5 years old car). I am getting my new No.Plates tomorrow. What i wanted to know is what i should be doing with my insurance. My insurance cycle is from Mar-Feb and my current insurance is valid till Feb 2010. But the insurance note will carry my MH registration.

Will it be valid or should i do something to get i changed to my vehicles new KA registration. I hope i neednt pay any premium for this year as i have already paid the one for this cycle. Please advice on this. My insurance is from Tata AIG
srikanths1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 17:59   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Hi all,

Need your help on a particular issue - I recently transferred from Pune to Bangalore & got my car reregistered here (4.5 years old car). I am getting my new No.Plates tomorrow. What i wanted to know is what i should be doing with my insurance. My insurance cycle is from Mar-Feb and my current insurance is valid till Feb 2010. But the insurance note will carry my MH registration.

Will it be valid or should i do something to get i changed to my vehicles new KA registration. I hope i neednt pay any premium for this year as i have already paid the one for this cycle. Please advice on this. My insurance is from Tata AIG
Inform the insurance company about the change in the registration status of the vehicle. Send them a copy/scan of the RC book reflecting the new changes. Based on this information the insurer will send you an updated policy.

I did it some time back the insurance company was Bajaj Alliance, it was a no hassle process.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 18:35   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Inform the insurance company about the change in the registration status of the vehicle. Send them a copy/scan of the RC book reflecting the new changes. Based on this information the insurer will send you an updated policy.

I did it some time back the insurance company was Bajaj Alliance, it was a no hassle process.
+1 to TJ.

Srikanth you dont have to pay any new premium. Your existing insurance documents will be updated and sent to you. Please call up Tata AIG and find out what is the procedure in their system. I beleive you should update some application document and submit it witha copy of the changed RC book records.
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 19:18   #4
BHPian

But i had paid some amount around Rs.1500/- to new india insurance to transfer to my name, they said, since they have to adjust No claim bonus which is paid to past owner. So i had to pay the NCB deducting and calculated according to the remaining months of policy.

Also i gave insurance renewal today, but they said, some Rs.2000 extra,(I thought i will b charged less, since the value will be less, and by the way of NCB) since my car is more than 10 years old, so the slab changes. I thought of shifting to cheaper private players, but my friend who is in new india said, it will be easy to claim the amount , if anything happens, since he is in new india. Also he said coming year, he will make sure to reduce Rs.2000 by adjusting some charges.
rajivanoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 12:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Hi all,

There is one rule in all the insurance contract which is "right to inform" both the party's have to inform in writing if there is any change in the risk or the coverage.

It is your duty to inform this change to insurance company. For which they will not charge you anything, just a paper work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
But i had paid some amount around Rs.1500/- to new india insurance to transfer to my name, they said, since they have to adjust No claim bonus which is paid to past owner. So i had to pay the NCB deducting and calculated according to the remaining months of policy.

Also i gave insurance renewal today, but they said, some Rs.2000 extra,(I thought i will b charged less, since the value will be less, and by the way of NCB) since my car is more than 10 years old, so the slab changes. I thought of shifting to cheaper private players, but my friend who is in new india said, it will be easy to claim the amount , if anything happens, since he is in new india. Also he said coming year, he will make sure to reduce Rs.2000 by adjusting some charges.
Two different story's sirji. he does not have any thing like sale of car or changing the ownership of the car. which is there in your case. Right?
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote