Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 5th January 2010, 12:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

This makes no sense. Having a FFE exhaust or stickers does not mean the car crashed while racing.

If this is the case then sports cars shouldn't be allowed any insurance at all, coz the whole concept of a "sports" car is outright performance.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 5th January 2010 at 12:43.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 12:41   #17
BHPian

Fight it out !

I had a similar instance where the ICICI surveyor was very arrogant and adamant. He was not willing to approve the actual amount for my claim by providing stupid reasons. I had a heated argument with him for about 4 hours and with the involvement of the Trident Hyundai showroom head, who was very helpful, the matter was sorted out. So I would say, fight it out !
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 12:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Folks I suppose this part of an exercise to usher in the driving points system which I think is a good thing which may need proper legal process as well as following procedures like police compliants and letting the police report do the talking I have created a thread around this based on latest news link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ions-come.html
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 13:01   #19
BHPian

While the FFE mod may be illegal, it hardly merits rejection because of stickers alone. The co may say in its defence that you got extra power to bang somebody. Ridiculous but tenable in a court of law.

We should as a community call for a ban on ICICI auto products. Let the company ignore 56000 prospect clients and mal reputation at their own risk. I am already reeling with their crappy banking products. No chance of me or any of my knowns, going for the ICICI products. They are a perfect con.

The suggestion of the database, is a great idea and the mods will hopefully provide some way to maintain the database. We could just start with car,make,year, insu co, insu amt, comprehensive or 3rd paty only, claim details, outcome of claim.
longford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 14:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

1. ICICI Lombard - No more questions.
2. Warranty void - Yes. As per rules even a tyre change should be endorsed in RC. How many of us do?

In your case, FFE is a clean MOD. I dont think you can fight on this. But can try to justify the damages and ask him if anything relates to that. If he atleast gives an ear to you you win.

But if he decided not to, forget it. How much would be the claim. And when is it getting renewed?
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 14:27   #21
BANNED

i am willing to fight it out... i want ICICI to mention the following items in their statement -

1. The Stickers and loud exhaust are a reason to deny the claim as they indicate racing
2. Secondly, i want them to prove the car was indeed involved in a race

tell me, do you get your RC/insurance endorsed in the following cases -
1. more powerful headlamps
2. Auxiliary fog lamps.
3. New shockers
4. Brake shoes change
5. A puncture?

Why would a FFE matter, my CC is the same, the engine output is the same.

i moved on from TATA AIG to ICICI expecting better service, but TATA AIG was so much better. they were like, you bang it and we pay for it , simple no questions. my car had stickers back then too.
i come home like 4-4:30 in the morning since more than 3 years, it's a lonely stretch of road and they think i was racing. i don't drive above 50 to maintain a good fuel efficiency petrol is expensive and i don't exactly mint money.

i will ask for a written statement and send them a letter from a lawyer if they still deny this. If this still doesn't work out i'll get the car fixed on my own. but i have 4 cars in the family on ICICI lombard insurance, time to change.

this really pains. i have loved my car.. more than my girlfriend. i can't stand anyone disrespecting my car. ICICI has surveyors who are paid to deny claims, the more you deny the more incentives you get.
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 15:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
1. ICICI Lombard - No more questions.
2. Warranty void - Yes. As per rules even a tyre change should be endorsed in RC. How many of us do?

In your case, FFE is a clean MOD. I dont think you can fight on this. But can try to justify the damages and ask him if anything relates to that. If he atleast gives an ear to you you win.

But if he decided not to, forget it. How much would be the claim. And when is it getting renewed?
SO forget about perf mods, if a tyre gets punctured and ruptured beyond use and if its replaced with a new tyre, do we need to go to RTO and re-register ? I dont think so

Well FFE of course requires RTO consent

Last edited by s3va : 5th January 2010 at 15:35.
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 15:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

The ICICI person's view on stickers - i dont think this stand is valid.

Free Flowing Exhaust - strictly speaking it classifies as a modification - most of the time its the rally prepared cars which have such mods along with a lot of other ones of course.

Normal insurance taken out for normal stock passenger cars expressly mention that any form of racing etc is not covered in the insurance.
It is also not allowed for the car to be used for any commercial transport purposes.

All rally and race cars need to take out special insurance at much higher premium rates.

You can try and fight but frankly I dont think there's much use. Better to look for a workaround if the insurance claim is of paramount importance to you.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 16:00   #24
BHPian

I think the surveyor thinks that FFE => racing or speed driving.
He is trying to map to the "Insurance N/A while racing" clause and deny you the claim.
To add strength he is also showing you T-BHP stickers which to him is a forum that involves in rash driving / racing.

Try to explain (and be patient) that T-BHP is forum for car enthusiasts and not car racers. Try also to point that T-BHP forum is also concerned about the safe driving.

Is it not surveyor's responsibility to prove that your vehicle in racing, if at rejecting claims on that ground? => Nope. The surveyor thing works on intuition. If you could prove yourself, its good for you.

So no remedy? Yes there is. Please contact superiors at ICICI. If not working out, contact nearest consumer cell. Lots of consumer cells are helping out for free. They will first draft warning letter.
Most of the time, at this stage itself they will budge.
If not, they take to next level - meeting them at consumer court.
Here you will get justice for sure and as by-product, some bad reputation for ICICI.
iamswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 16:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
No, the front bumper and tyre hit. the workshop says the crossmember would need to be replaced and the leg is a bit bent. along with the that the bumper, headlight and fog lights would need to be replaced.

The ICICI surveyor is focusing on two things - the stickers (majority of them being T-BHP) he says being a part of this team indicates racing

and then it is the FFE, he says this is a modification for racing and should have been endorsed in the RC/Insurance. Since when do exhausts need to be endorsed?
Hi saintsinner sorry to hear about your car. How did this accident happen in the first place? Was a police report filed? If it was filed then there would be proof that the accident happened on the road and not a racing track. The insurance only says the vehicle is not to be used for racing. If the police report says that it was just a road accident without racing involved then you should have no trouble with your claims.

P.S: I think it is stupid on the part of the ICICI surveyor to consider a vehicle being used for racing based on the stickers.

In that case if i have a doctor sticker on my car will i become a doctor

Regards
Rocky
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 16:06   #26
BHPian

Support you on your decision, we should not take anything & everything. Lets see them in court & keep us all posted of outcome.
SamtheLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 16:15   #27
BANNED

tell me, how is a FFE supposed to be endorsed in the RC/Insurance? the only columns are for cylinders, CC and passengers. I use the car for commuting to work. how does it classify as a race car?

No FIR was raised as my car hit an Indica that already met with an accident and was abandoned, then it hit a 4 feet high and 3 feet wide road divider. i drove off expecting the damage to be minimum. it was only at the workshop where they told me that the bonnet is not bent the body is bent. the engine and everything is fine. it is bumpers, fog lamps, one headlight, chassis, cross member.
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 16:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

HI Mclaren,

I have team BHP srticker and got it done without any question of Maruti insurance with New India.

Hi Saint sinner,

why don't you post your car's picture.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 16:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
tell me, how is a FFE supposed to be endorsed in the RC/Insurance? the only columns are for cylinders, CC and passengers. I use the car for commuting to work. how does it classify as a race car?

No FIR was raised as my car hit an Indica that already met with an accident and was abandoned, then it hit a 4 feet high and 3 feet wide road divider. i drove off expecting the damage to be minimum. it was only at the workshop where they told me that the bonnet is not bent the body is bent. the engine and everything is fine. it is bumpers, fog lamps, one headlight, chassis, cross member.

Hey saintsinner i would suggest you to get a FIR done in your favour from some cop if you know any(consult a lawyer before getting this done as he will suggest the most suitable statements that would help you later on). This way would be the most easiest to get your claim done or you might have to go through the consumer forum which will like take forever to solve.

P.S.How fast were you driving when this accident happened?

Regards
Rocky
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 16:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Ah! Welcome to Indian system.
Everything done outside Authorized Service Center is a mod. If you install a 70/75W bulb from outside instead of usually pathetic 55/60W installed at A.S.C., then your warranty gets void. Any regular service outside A.S.C = warranty void. If you dont change oil at certain kms. in A.S.C., your warranty gets void.

Basically the system is such that you anyway will lose money. You just cant fight them.

Now about the problem. Well, tell him that he changed the stock exahust to FFE so that he need not give insurance cover to you as the damage is high. Tell him that you are not even aware of FFE. Play politics and talk utter nonsense. That is the only way out. And racing ? Tell him that whe the car came, it did not have stickers, but he has put on stickers.

After his initial shock is over, give him your piece of mind. This way it works in India.

You will have to fall to his standards to get this job done. I have done it earlier in around 2007 for one friend at Hyundai.

Also try posting your issue in this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ce-ask-me.html
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote