Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 16:48   #31
BHPian
 
Mr.Bangalore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 359
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

@saintsinner can you post some pics of your ride, so that it clears out how the agent came to conclusion of the race car.
Mr.Bangalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 18:26   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Dear every one I would like to help in this case but first thing I would like to know is what is FFE. Is this related to engine or any other part?

Please let me this one.
Thank you.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 18:40   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,676
Thanked: 1,025 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Dear every one I would like to help in this case but first thing I would like to know is what is FFE. Is this related to engine or any other part?

Please let me this one.
Thank you.
I am a bit surprised at your post since you have over a 1000 posts and dont know what a FFE is.
Well it stands for Free Flow Exhaust.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 19:01   #34
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,663 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Dear every one I would like to help in this case but first thing I would like to know is what is FFE. Is this related to engine or any other part?

Please let me this one.
Thank you.
rjvora, I was waiting for your expert opinion on this thread.

In a regular car, there is a cat con that is part of the exhaust. This is used to clean the exhaust gases as they pass thru. By doing this it also results in a slow down of these gases. Hence a sort of limit on the engine rpm levels.
An engine also breathes and exhales like we do. Imagine if your exhalation is blocked, You will not be able to run fast right.
So some people remove this catcon system and replace it with a free flow exhaust.
This is not a direct engine mod as such.
The engine need not be opened and modified.

Its just that the sound of the car will change. Get it a very meaty growl.

Almost every car that participates in a race will have this modification done.

Also note that the cost of a catcon kits is quite high. For a Wagon R, I know its about 12k. So sometimes people replace it with a free flow silencer if the original breaks. As its much cheaper.

Hope it helps.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 04:10   #35
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 612
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

rjvora, i am looking forward to your advice too on this.

Here is why an FFE was installed. In Feb this year, my car developed serious flaws due to the CNG kit, which was endorsed in the RC/Insurance. I had a terrible lost of compression, valve leakage and even the car did not start. i got the CNG kit removed and the engine was overhauled. every thing installed was of stock values. the exhaust manifold had developed a crack and pipes were rusty too. i had an option to replace this with the OEM fitting which was for more than 20K or i had an option to go for a free flow exhaust for 10K. i chose the cheaper of course as i had spent about 50K on the engine overhaul only and was already over budget.

after the engine run in was complete, the car was taken to the RTO on 18th August where the car was thoroughly inspected and the RC of the car bears the following - Vehicle Alteration Date - 18-Aug-09 and the RTO removed the CNG from the RC.
As per my knowledge, the car was taken to a correct place where it was turned on and checked. they did not object to the FFE, why the insurance?
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 09:00   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I am a bit surprised at your post since you have over a 1000 posts and dont know what a FFE is.
Well it stands for Free Flow Exhaust.
On team bhp rules and regulation it is no were written that if my post's are 1100+ i am to know what is FFE - Right my friend?

I am not an automobile expert, My subject on T-Bhp is Insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
rjvora, I was waiting for your expert opinion on this thread.

In a regular car, there is a cat con that is part of the exhaust. This is used to clean the exhaust gases as they pass thru. By doing this it also results in a slow down of these gases. Hence a sort of limit on the engine rpm levels.
An engine also breathes and exhales like we do. Imagine if your exhalation is blocked, You will not be able to run fast right.
So some people remove this catcon system and replace it with a free flow exhaust.
This is not a direct engine mod as such.
The engine need not be opened and modified.

Its just that the sound of the car will change. Get it a very meaty growl.

Almost every car that participates in a race will have this modification done.

Also note that the cost of a catcon kits is quite high. For a Wagon R, I know its about 12k. So sometimes people replace it with a free flow silencer if the original breaks. As its much cheaper.

Hope it helps.
Thank you very much for this information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
rjvora, i am looking forward to your advice too on this.

Here is why an FFE was installed. In Feb this year, my car developed serious flaws due to the CNG kit, which was endorsed in the RC/Insurance. I had a terrible lost of compression, valve leakage and even the car did not start. i got the CNG kit removed and the engine was overhauled. every thing installed was of stock values. the exhaust manifold had developed a crack and pipes were rusty too. i had an option to replace this with the OEM fitting which was for more than 20K or i had an option to go for a free flow exhaust for 10K. i chose the cheaper of course as i had spent about 50K on the engine overhaul only and was already over budget.

after the engine run in was complete, the car was taken to the RTO on 18th August where the car was thoroughly inspected and the RC of the car bears the following - Vehicle Alteration Date - 18-Aug-09 and the RTO removed the CNG from the RC.
As per my knowledge, the car was taken to a correct place where it was turned on and checked. they did not object to the FFE, why the insurance?
What I understand that when car was taken second time to RTO at that time FFE was in place - Right?

Yesterday I Spoke to one of my friend who has a reputed garage in Mumbai - Mkraft now he is that person who does this kind of job frequently and was telling me that he never informs the RTO on this jobs and he explained my in detail what exactly happens with the engine and everything.

Give me time till today evening I am thinking to visit some insurance company office and I will arrange myself to sit with some surveyor and get details on this one.

What I know till now, is you need to inform RTO and Insurance company if :-

1. CNG/LPG has to be endorsed in the RC and to insurance company.
2. Body modification has to be informed to RTO and to insurance company.
3. Extra accessories you need to inform to insurance company for getting insurance done for those items so that your claims are payable if there is a claim tomorrow.

Other then this I myself is not aware that for any other reason we need to inform the RTO.

The sticker reason is just nonsense form Icici. There is no were written in the policy that you are suppose to inform the insurance company before sicking the sticker's.

Give me time till evening and I will conform on the FFE also.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 09:35   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,676
Thanked: 1,025 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
On team bhp rules and regulation it is no were written that if my post's are 1100+ i am to know what is FFE - Right my friend?

I am not an automobile expert, My subject on T-Bhp is Insurance.

hello,
apologies if i was a little blunt in my statement ,i was just thinking if one were to spend so much time on the forum he or she will soon get acuainted with all the techinical terms.Well i am no automobile guru myself and i guess it took me 2 years of team-bhping to figure out OHC,NHC and ANHC meant old , new and all new Honda city :-)
No offence meant buddy.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 6th January 2010 at 09:50.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 10:06   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
hello,
apologies if i was a little blunt in my statement ,i was just thinking if one were to spend so much time on the forum he or she will soon get acuainted with all the techinical terms.Well i am no automobile guru myself and i guess it took me 2 years of team-bhping to figure out what OHC,NHC and ANHC meant.
No offence meant buddy.
No problem my friend let's not make this an Ego issue and keep it on lighter note. Basically I am very poor in understanding the short forms. You will laugh at me on this one I took 3 year's to understand what is the meaning of FYI. Which means For Your Information. I had almost read the entire thread and could not found a single post which had a full form of that word.

Coming back to our claim I have got an appointment with the surveyor will meet him today for this claim.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 13:43   #39
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 612
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Hi Rjvora,
Yes, the FFE and stickers too were there when the car was taken to the RTO

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 14:22   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cochin
Posts: 334
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

hi saintsinner, there claims are totally stupid as they are the ones who have renewed the insurance with the FFE stickers on.My question is why did they give the insurance then?Only when someone claims do they come up with such nonsense not when u renew the insurance.
kphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 16:12   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Good news for all of US!!!

Friends and saintsinner,

Good news for all of US.

"FFE is something which does not require any update to RC book and to insurance company". Got this conformed from insurance company as well as from one surveyor of a good insurance company. Branch manger of the same company was little free so I asked him to see the thread, he saw the entire thread and told me Rupeshbhai the same known story of Icici and Reliance.

The strategy of this two company is very simple to understand. If they have 100 policy, out of which 10 will have claim out of which 5 to 7 claim's will be rejected and they will not renew the policy. Along with them they will take other 10 to 15 people with them rest 80 will still be with them.

@ saintsinner please answer my few questions as I can also advice you what to do next?

Date of Accident:
Time of Accident:
Place of Accident:
Date on which you have taken the car to garage:
Short description of loss: (Same as what you have written in the Claim form. If you have written.)
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 16:21   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

@rjvora, I appreciate your attitude to take ownership of the issues. Great.

The calculation of getting new policy and forget to serve existing holders is really shocking. But what to do, we are in such a place.

Anyway, waiting eagerly for the resolution of this.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 16:34   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
But what to do, we are in such a place.
Don't leave thing's just like that. What we can do on Tbhp is create awareness among us, friends and family around us. Take the responsibility and fight for your rights.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 17:44   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

FFE and sticker's are the part of accessory which is not compulsory to get insured for.

If you get insurance done you will get the claim also for such items otherwise you can't claim those things. If you don't insure them does not mean you can't be paid for bumper headlights etc. claims.

If you fight this case I am 100% sure your claim will get settled because Icici also has to prove that you were taking part in racing. Which is not possible in your case because I read that you were coming from the office which is a regular thing in your case at 4 A.M.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 18:54   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,591 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
@rjvora, I appreciate your attitude to take ownership of the issues. Great.
+1 to that.
Rupesh, hats off to you for your sincere contributions.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Insurance claim? Pay a little extra and retain your No-Claim Bonus! parrys Indian Car Loans & Insurance 12 1st November 2017 19:11
Vehicle theft due to owner's negligence = no insurance claim Tushar Indian Car Loans & Insurance 17 18th November 2015 20:28
Can I delay the insurance claim (due to personal reasons)? himanshusharma Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3 13th May 2015 09:27
Insurance Claim with Maruti Insurance through MSM Chennai! ForeRunner Indian Car Loans & Insurance 10 18th September 2011 12:01
Swift Dzrie Vdi Rightful Insurance claim denied - Beware of Royal Sundaram CHEATERS ! ThE_DoN Indian Car Loans & Insurance 152 4th May 2011 11:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks