Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 16th May 2010, 09:46   #1
BHPian

Default Booked car, changing city. Now what?

ello,

I booked a car in Kolkata about 2 months ago and it is "in transit" at the moment.

I have been re-assigned to Delhi. I have taken a car loan from SBI and the car has to be under hypothecation of the bank.

The dealer says I can get a temp registration and then register it in Delhi.

Must the bank be informed that car wont be registered in Kolkata now?

The branch guys in Kolkata had no idea what I was talking about. Some language barrier caused hinderence as well.... Will appreciate any inputs.

Regards,

iFLY
ifly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 10:22   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

The bank should be notified of the change. I don't know if the bank would agree about getting it registered in Delhi.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 10:27   #3
BHPian

Yes. The bank needs to give you an NOC that they have no objection to transfer registration of the car from Kolkata to Delhi. They usually provide this without any hassle. This will also be required when getting the changes done in the RC book.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 10:04   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Presuming you've bought a mass market car (e.g. Swift, Laura etc.), why not cancel your Kolkatta booking, and instead buy the car from Delhi? Transfer formalities are one thing...transporting / driving the car down to Delhi entirely another. I think it makes much more sense for you to cancel your current booking, proceed with the move to Delhi, and then facilitate a fresh booking from a local dealer there.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 12:16   #5
BHPian

Cancelling current booking and then doing again in delhi would be good idea as mentioned but only problem would be he would have to wait for another 2-3 months as he did already.
lalitk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 14:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Presuming you've bought a mass market car (e.g. Swift, Laura etc.),
I guess the definition of mass market is relative to where you are looking at it from!!
metrozipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 09:50   #7
BHPian

Thanks guys. The thing is I was promised that I would get the car in 3-4 days. This was on 5th of april. That is if I made the complete payment, so I made the full payment by being completely gullible.

Since the post dated cheques were given. Now they have deducted the first EMI. Yes. I don't even have the car yet. I know. I am an idiot for being gullible

All this while this was not a problem since I would be in Kolkata. Until I have now been reassigned to Delhi. Having stayed earlier and driven my MH02 Bombay registration car it was impossible to not get pulled over by every single cop. So I thought just get a Delhi registration and so be it.

GTO, I think thats a much more viable option that you have told me about. But then again, from one Bombayite to another- living in Delhi without a car is just a pain. So just wanted my car to be there even before my reassignment date to Delhi.

PS: Am I allowed to say a complete pain in the ass? O_x
ifly is offline   Reply With Quote