Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 12th August 2010, 14:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
The good news was, we saw nothing broken.
or I was plain lucky. None managed to poke in or fell at an angle which could harm the glasses or the roof.
A close inspection revealed that there are same dents (or should I say depressions) on the frame right above the rear right door. Right where it start coming down, parallel to real glass, to the boot. A couple of scratches too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
From the looks of it, I doubt there would be too serious/major damage to the cars because the main trunk is still resting on the boundary wall.

I sincerely pray that this doubt of mine comes true..
At the risk of sounding - 'I told you so', I am so very glad to hear that there weren't any significant damages!

Quote:
I am going to take it to Ford to get the assessment done. If the cost is not much, I would rather not like to go for insurance. The question here is, do they do dent removal from that area? I am asking as Maruti ones refused to do that since as per them it was a very costly affair though the dents were small (similar case now). And if yes, can someone in NCR suggest a reliable and reasonable (essentially price competitive) place?
I would suggest you go with a Ford service center only. And under insurance. Yours is a mere 4 month old car and therefore, please stick to Auth SS as they are better equipped/trained to open and re-fit body panels as close as possible to factory finish (no flames please). They might charge you 1.5-2x the money what an outside garage would, but I am sure since this job involves denting, painting and labour - each and every paisa would be borne by insurance co.

Quote:
Having gone through this, I am not sure I should consider myself lucky or unlucky. Unlucky, because there are about 200 cars in our society which do not have a covered parking place and get parked in open. The tree has to fell on mine (which is only 4 month old, the other one I had been parking there for 4 years). Or should I consider myself lucky as despite that, it came out in a shape no one imagined when the rescue was on.
Ain't life a mixed bag?
Forgive and forget,
and you will never regret..
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 11:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
At the risk of sounding - 'I told you so', I am so very glad to hear that there weren't any significant damages!
You know, I infact wanted to quote you in my earlier post to say how good the assessment your's was. I guess in the "elation" of the moment, I forgot. No, I am not going to accuse you of that.

I think I am going to stick to the Auth. AS only, insurance or no insurance. That is, if I go for repairs. Some from family are suggesting that I leave the car as it is for some time as this seems to be carrying a "bad patch". Remember that dent I talked about when I gave it for Service? and now this. Indian ways of tackling the problem I tell you

Last edited by New.Novice : 13th August 2010 at 11:45.
New.Novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 12:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good to know your car came out with minimal damage! But why is the topic named Mayday? It beats me!!!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 14:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
But why is the topic named Mayday? It beats me!!!
Mayday is an SOS radio signal usually used in case of an emergency.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayday_(distress_signal)
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote