Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 27th September 2010, 16:55   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Car from Gurgaon, now in Bangalore, insurance up for renewal

My Corsa is Haryana (Gurgaon) registered, and I have it here with me in Bangalore.

The insurance issued by Iffco-Tokio, Gurgaon is up for renewal on 20th Oct.
So, now should I get the insurance renewed from Gurgaon itself or should I do it in Bangalore?
In either case, should I stick to Iffco-Tokio or go in for some other Insurance provider?
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 17:07   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Gurgaon is better if the cops will ever check the papers.

I studied/worked in ahmedabad for several years, got it done there (bike from DL) - but police did not make such a fuss as those in karnataka do. The insurance guys dont care.

PS: Why not do it online?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 17:14   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Gurgaon is better if the cops will ever check the papers.

I studied/worked in ahmedabad for several years, got it done there (bike from DL) - but police did not make such a fuss as those in karnataka do. The insurance guys dont care.

PS: Why not do it online?
We are originally from Pune and family lives in Gurgaon (while me in Bangalore). So, when we were to renew the Insurance of another car (maharashtra registered which is now in Gurgaon), the agent said it is better we do it from Gurgaon itself - he said Claiming the Insurance amount would be easier.

Hence, I was confused about what I should do about my car.
If I do it online, it would still be issued by the Gurgaon office, right?
Old 27th September 2010, 17:21   #4
BHPian

No issues in claims , even if cities are different. Atleast that is my experience with BA and in this case my car has DL plates, the policy address was of gurgaon and the claim was made in Bangalore.

and yes, it will be issued from gurgaon office when the policy is renewed online.
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 17:39   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

If you are going to continue with Iffco, then why dont you do an early renewal before it expires - online if possible. When the coverage is still valid, they wouldnt need to check the car physically. But if you dont renew till 20th then you will have to present it for inspection - and this is where the change of location will come into picutre
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 17:39   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
No issues in claims , even if cities are different. Atleast that is my experience with BA and in this case my car has DL plates, the policy address was of gurgaon and the claim was made in Bangalore.

and yes, it will be issued from gurgaon office when the policy is renewed online.
ok. and should I continue with Iffco-Tokio or change to some other provider. If I do change, is there any loss of NCB or any additional charge for changing providers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you are going to continue with Iffco, then why dont you do an early renewal before it expires - online if possible. When the coverage is still valid, they wouldnt need to check the car physically. But if you dont renew till 20th then you will have to present it for inspection - and this is where the change of location will come into picutre
Yes, I plan to initiate renewal asap. But, what confuses me is whether I have the insurance issued from Bangalore or online (Gurgaon).

Mods : I have a back-to-back post, please link the two; the 2nd post came while I was typing a reply for the 1st. I'm not sure how I can delete the post now.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th September 2010 at 13:49. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 27th September 2010, 17:43   #7
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 29th September 2010 at 10:05.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 27th September 2010, 17:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
ok. and should I continue with Iffco-Tokio or change to some other provider. If I do change, is there any loss of NCB or any additional charge for changing providers?
If you feel, iffco has given you good hassle-free service, keep your business with them or else you can renew it online with some other provider. I have my car's policy with BA from the last 4 years and I am extremly happy with their service.

NCB will be impacted only if there are any claims last year .if no claims, no loss on NCB.

You can check the quotes on policybazzar.com / all the major service providers do have the online renewal portals too.
Old 27th September 2010, 18:28   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

so what I understand from the discussion is : it is fine if the Insurance is renewed from Gurgaon (online) while the car is in Bangalore.

But in such cases where car is from some other state, the cops (I'm asking specific for Bangalore) "could" create an issue if the insurance were renewed from Bangalore or Gurgaon?
Old 28th September 2010, 09:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
But in such cases where car is from some other state, the cops (I'm asking specific for Bangalore) "could" create an issue if the insurance were renewed from Bangalore or Gurgaon?
Not happened till date with me. I have been in Bangalore for 2 years and relocated few months back to NCR. The car papers have been checked in KA, TN, KL, HP, HR and chandigarh many times, none of the cops have made a fuss about the outstation policy. All they looked was , if I have got all the papers viz RC, insurance, PUC and driving licence in order or not.

yes the chandigarh cops have raised an eyebrow on the font of the numberplates once, but not on any other account.
Old 28th September 2010, 12:22   #11
BHPian

Quote:
so what I understand from the discussion is : it is fine if the Insurance is renewed from Gurgaon (online) while the car is in Bangalore.

Bangalore Traffic Cops are more interested in knowing whether you have paid the Karnataka Road Tax for out of state vehicles. If you have done this, place of insurance renewal does not matter, as long as the insurance is valid.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 13:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Get it renewed from either cities. does not make a difference !!

I have HR registered cars from gurgaon and stay in Agra and get them renewed here. No problem ever !
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote