Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 22nd November 2016, 10:56   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
TATA AIG quote is also ~17K but the IDV they are quoting is just 4.5L, which is not acceptable for me.
I'd suggest you to check via online portals like Policy bazaar and Coverfox. They normally give an option of adjusting your IDV as per your wish with minor hike in premium charges.
VKumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 17:01   #287
BANNED

Default Re: 0% Depreciation Insurance - It really worked for me!

My actual issue is My car is in workshop for Denting painting job.
TML officials quoted 2000 rs processing fee + service tax on labour and spares to be borne by me.
I have Zero Dep Policy from Oriental insurance.

Is that amount correct or TML is overcharging?
This is my first instance of claiming the insurance.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 26th January 2017 at 23:13. Reason: Please use "report post" function to bring post deletion requests to our attention - we might miss them in a post.
DriveOnceMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2017, 11:47   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
My actual issue is My car is in workshop for Denting painting job.
TML officials quoted 2000 rs processing fee + service tax on labour and spares to be borne by me.
I have Zero Dep Policy from Oriental insurance.

Is that amount correct or TML is overcharging?
This is my first instance of claiming the insurance.
Please check your policy document for "Compulsory Deductible" amount. That is the processing fee and should be same as compulsory deductible. Apart from that if you have consumables cover then you don't need to pay single penny for anything including any taxes. If you don't have consumables cover then only consumables, if any, used during your repair has to be borne by you. Hope this helps!
ragh_bhushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 19:34   #289
BHPian

Default Nil Dep cover for older vehicles

My BMW 525i is due for its insurance renewal in its seventh year. Up till now, it has always been covered under Nil Depreciation cover and never been involved in a major accident.

I wish to continue the trend but TATA AIG & BAJAJ ALLIANZ have both refused owing to 7th year of renewal.

Is there any reliable insurance company offering NIL DEP COVER for vehicles in 7th year and upwards.

Thanks in advance.
akhilesh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 19:40   #290
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Nil Dep cover for older vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
My BMW 525i is due for its insurance renewal in its seventh year. Up till now, it has always been covered under Nil Depreciation cover and never been involved in a major accident.

I wish to continue the trend but TATA AIG & BAJAJ ALLIANZ have both refused owing to 7th year of renewal.

Is there any reliable insurance company offering NIL DEP COVER for vehicles in 7th year and upwards.

Thanks in advance.
Try HDFC Ergo, although I doubt they ll cover over 7 years. Might be better to find an an HDFC Ergo Insurance agent.
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:36   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Zero Depreciation insurance is generally offered only to vehicles which are less than five years old. So, I think you have already enjoyed your bonus in the sixth year .

Try policybazaar/coverfox. If anyone offers it online, either go for it or call an agent of the company and negotiate a better deal.
dailydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 21:26   #292
BHPian

If you are okay with the New India or Oriental Insurance, you can get a Zero Dep insurance. New India provides Zero Dep for upto 10years. I have my Cruze insured with New India Zero Dep.
Holyghost is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 21:37   #293
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Catch hold of some agents, they have a way of getting the 0 dep for older cars. a friend recently got his 7 year of I20 insured with Tata AIG through an agent and he was able to get him 0 dep.

Ps - I think you will get better response if you post this in the insurance thread or on the 0 dep thread.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 01:37   #294
Senior - BHPian

Hi, how old is your cruze. I have been refused 0 dep by the agent, your reply will enable me to reapproach them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
If you are okay with the New India or Oriental Insurance, you can get a Zero Dep insurance. New India provides Zero Dep for upto 10years. I have my Cruze insured with New India Zero Dep.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:41   #295
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj Allianz and Tata AIG offer up to 7 years but I think it depends on the agency and doesn't seem to be universal.

I buy my Mercedes insurance through the dealer and they confirmed availability of zero depreciation coverage for 7 years. I get my BMW insured thought an outside agency and they just renewed 7th year zero depreciation policy with Tata AIG.
androdev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:45   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi, how old is your cruze. I have been refused 0 dep by the agent, your reply will enable me to reapproach them.
Mine is 2011 model and I had it insured with New India a few months back. At that time, their website had it clearly mentioned that Zero Dep cover is available to vehicles upto 10 Years old.

However when I checked it today, the website says it is available only upto 5 years. Looks like they have withdrawn the 10 year offer.

Quote:
The New India Assurance Co. Ltd, which is the premier General Insurance Company of India and owned by Govt. of India,in its endeavor to provide more protection to its esteemed customersis providing certain Add-on Covers along with its standard Motor Package Policy. Such add-on covers are available for Private Cars(PC), Two Wheelers(TW) and Commercial Vehicles(CV).

Nil Depreciation Cover (For PC, TW & CV)

Nil Depreciation Cover relieves the customers from bearing the depreciation of 5% - 50%on various parts (metal, plastic, fiber or rubber) in the event of loss due to accident. Almost all the expenses associated with the repairs of loss would be taken care of by the company. There will be no need to pay depreciation from your savings in case of partial losses. This will be possible with New India’s Add-on cover of NIL Depreciation.
The cover is available for PC, TW and CV as follows:
Private Car Package Policy – Enhancement Cover (upto 5 years of vehicle age)
Two Wheeler Package Policy – Enhancement Cover (upto 5 years of vehicle age)
Commercial Vehicle Package Policy- Enhancement Cover upto 5 years of age, applicable only for Goods Carrying Vehicle & Passenger Carrying Vehicle(1+9 seater only.)
The Oriental Insurance is still giving upto 10 Years. Atleast the the pdf downloaded from their website still says so.
Motor-CR-NewAddOnCover-NilDep120509.pdf
Holyghost is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote