Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 5th July 2007, 23:16   #226
BHPian

Oh am i glad to hear this..... good for you adman77.
hormaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 10:18   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarecut View Post
My car insurance is with ICICI Lombard, and I have been reminded by them to renew the insurance with them. I know that ICICI home loan is something one should not touch with a barge pole. But how is ICICI Lombard as a car insurer. Any recommendation whether I should continue my car insurance with them or I should switch over to a different insurer.
It is best to avoid renewing with ICICI. Try with Bajaj Alliance or HDFC Chubb both are good and prompt service on insurance claiming issues.

I was a ICICI customer for almost every product and slowly exiting from each loan that i am currently trapped in.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 10:28   #228
BHPian

How is reliance insurance ? They too have approached me.
squarecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 10:41   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How is reliance insurance ? They too have approached me.
Reliance is slowly getting into auto industry with insurance, CV financing et.all. R is a big ocean and not fully organized in most of their business functioning.

I would still suggest the ones i did before.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 11:05   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Adman,

Whenever you get a settlement letter from the bank, you should insist on a return of the security cheques that you give them.
Ya, I know that. But when I asked for them, they said it comes to you by post in "due process". Which never happened even after a lot of follow ups.
adman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 11:11   #231
BHPian

Quote:
My car insurance is with ICICI Lombard, and I have been reminded by them to renew the insurance with them. I know that ICICI home loan is something one should not touch with a barge pole. But how is ICICI Lombard as a car insurer. Any recommendation whether I should continue my car insurance with them or I should switch over to a different insurer.

IMHO stick to new India assurance or oriental insurance. These government insurance guys are the best. Last year, had a small accident. Called up my new India assurance agent, he told me to take it to a garage in Sion. I dropped my car there with the insurance papers. Got my car back fully repaired and even with a few add-ons like underbody coating, polish etc. Garage guys said they settle all that with the insurance guys. Got my car back as good as new in a week. No questions asked and not a single rupee from my pocket.
adman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 17:05   #232
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
I have decided not to go with any ICICI product. They are cheaters.
I hold a salaried account, savings bank account, CC, Demat.
Slowly i am coming out of them. Worst part is that they dont care customers.
HSBC is much better than ICICI interms of customer loyalty.
My frnd did not pay his credit card bill for one month and he told me ICICI guys sent goons (2) to collect the money. His room mates were threatened since he was in germany.
They are making life of customers like hell. Whats the need in dealing with them when we have better financial institutions like SBI, Canara or take some grameena bank ?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 15:05   #233
BHPian

This looks scarey for me! i have salary a/c, credit card, Loan with ICICI ... Nope nothing goes wrong ! and meating time let me check whether i can change to another bank!
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 08:27   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
IMHO stick to new India assurance or oriental insurance. These government insurance guys are the best. Last year, had a small accident. Called up my new India assurance agent, he told me to take it to a garage in Sion. I dropped my car there with the insurance papers. Got my car back fully repaired and even with a few add-ons like underbody coating, polish etc. Garage guys said they settle all that with the insurance guys. Got my car back as good as new in a week. No questions asked and not a single rupee from my pocket.
Something fishy here. AFAIK, no public insurance company will approve this kind of stuff. Probably the surveyor is hand in glove with the workshop and upto some underhand dealings. Check to see if all the parts are still OE on your car. More so because the agent suggested the workshop.

Have you heard of the old adage -"If it is too good to be true, then probably it is"
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 12:55   #235
BHPian

I had bought a verna Crdi an year back with ICICI insurance. Had an major accident six months back and i got the car all new with no hassles. It worked out around 3lakhs. I had no paper work or any bad experience. Now when the insurance is up for renew, they say i have to pay 10 thousand extra as i have made a major claim. Should i change to another insurance or will they also ask me more for that claim i have made. kindly give a quick reply.
drsvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 13:01   #236
Senior - BHPian

I changed my insurance from ICICI Lombard to Bajaj Alliance eventhough after hearing all the wonderful experiences with ICICI. My experience with them had been good for the two minor claims I had made.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 13:17   #237
BHPian

were u able to change in your first renewal. they say we cant change till 3 years. is it so?
drsvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 13:31   #238
BHPian

what do you mean, we cant change. Tell them you dont have any money for insurance..what will they do then?

By the way, I changed by vehicle insurance after 1st yr.

Regards,
amohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 13:34   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
were u able to change in your first renewal. they say we cant change till 3 years. is it so?
Pure story! I was with ICICI Lombard the first year. the next year i moved to Bajaj. 3 claims and still with Bajaj. Now in the 4th year.

And with regard to extra 10k for 'large' claim - well, that is what insurance is for. I have never heard of such a (you know what) story!

Change your insurance to Bajaj or someone else and be happy!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 26th June 2008 at 13:35.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 00:29   #240
BHPian

@RTech, As much as I'm sorry about what you had to go through, I'm not surprised. At all. ICICI is a gang of thieves and mosquitoes. I remember when 20% of our first premium was deducted as 'Administrative Charges' and 10% for subsequent premiums, something that they 'forgot to mention' when we were being told of the lush green fields in the policy.
anku94 is offline   Reply With Quote