Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 26th July 2007, 10:10   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
it might be a success only if they price it right. if the price it below civic, i mean in the price range of 8.5 - 10 lacs. then it wud do great...
Considering the way how some of the recent launches have been priced, i dont think they would get the pricing right.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 10:13   #47
Team-BHP Support

Actually if the ex-showroom tag is above 10L in bangalore then it's going to be way to too expensive as the OTR would cross 12L.

Other cities it will be cheaper but here not so.

But with Ford I don't see that happening.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 13:21   #48
BHPian

Actually, during a course of talk i had with the Ford Sales Manager, what he told me was Fusion Diesel launch in July and 1.6TDCi Fiesta launch at the end of the year! Another interesting thing was that they were given training at the Chennai plant for FOCUS and not FIESTA in 2005! (they were given the code-name only). Even they were surprised by the switch to Fiesta and i remember sometime back seeing an ad on T.V for Focus, in 2005 end (i think before Fiesta launch ), apparently to test the customer response and feedback!
arif_t01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 15:59   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they were given training at the Chennai plant for FOCUS
I really hope Ford brings in the Focus to India. It's too good a car to not be here.

Quote:
1.6TDCi Fiesta launch at the end of the year!
I hope they don't bring in the new Brazillian Fiesta. I prefer the current one's looks to the Brazillian one.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 21:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Actually, during a course of talk i had with the Ford Sales Manager, what he told me was Fusion Diesel launch in July and 1.6TDCi Fiesta launch at the end of the year! Another interesting thing was that they were given training at the Chennai plant for FOCUS and not FIESTA in 2005! (they were given the code-name only). Even they were surprised by the switch to Fiesta and i remember sometime back seeing an ad on T.V for Focus, in 2005 end (i think before Fiesta launch ), apparently to test the customer response and feedback!
Ford are talking about introducing the Fiesta 1.6 TDCi soon enough. Now, could this engine find its way into a Focus as well, if and when introduced? They also have the option of the 1.8 diesel...but I doubt they would do that. The 1.6 is a potential Octy beater in the making.

But first, Ford needs to fire its policy making team for the unimaginative pricing strategies they have adopted recently.
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 22:23   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

If its a private import for internal use, it would'nt need to have red plates methinks. Other test cars we've seen at ARAI have also had red plates.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 09:49   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If its a private import for internal use, it would'nt need to have red plates methinks. Other test cars we've seen at ARAI have also had red plates.
True. The long term test car (Fiesta) which was provided to TopGear also has red licence plates with a TN 21 registration.
Old 30th July 2007, 13:38   #53
BHPian

I own a ford, with the pathetic service .. i wont be hurrying to buy another Ford again.. even if it was a 130BHP Focus
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 15:00   #54

Default Ford Focus

Does anyone know when this car is likely to be launched in India. I am gettting varied anwsers from various places. Autocar India says it will come by the end of the year, whereas Shaman Ford says they do not think it will be hear before another year. Does anyone knwo the accurate launch date?
devanshujasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 00:50   #55
BANNED

i dont think it will compete with the civic or the 2008 corolla. if diesel priced lower than 10 lacs, would be a great threat to Optra magnum. this car just cannot compete with civic or 2008 corolla. as i earlier said pricing should be between 8.5 - 10 lacs. so that it can also compete with the honda city with the petrol variant and optra magnum in the diesel variant. as of now there is no upcoming car which can overthrow the current entry level D segment king - the civic.
sanchits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 13:22   #56
BHPian

It should be the focus and not the refreshed fiesta because the fiesta is doing reasonable numbers. However, when autocar contacted ford india and asked abt the Focus and mondeo, they gave a negative reply (check Autocar August 2007...ford endeavour tdci launch and interview with VP sales or something Ford india). The Focus(sold in European, Australian, South African) very recently received a mid life face lift. Only USA will be getting the all new focus in 2008. Whereas the rest of the world will get the all new 3rd gen Focus (whose styling will me in the lines of the new mark 2 mondeo) only by 2011. I cant wait to see the Focus here.
316kmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 15:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

i seriously wonder if focos can beat civic or octavia
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 16:08   #58
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to Ford Dealer here, he says Fiesta 1.6 is being launched within a month, priced at 10 + ( having everyhting - fully loaded - airbags,alloys, etc).

Maybe this car that was sighted could be new 1.6 Fiesta !! I feel !!

Lets see !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 16:09   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Maybe this car that was sighted could be new 1.6 Fiesta !! I feel !!
Impossible !! The 1.6 will be the same Fiesta which is sold here with a 1.6 TDCi engine.
Old 1st August 2007, 18:07   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
he says Fiesta 1.6 is being launched within a month, priced at 10 + ( having everyhting - fully loaded - airbags,alloys, etc).

Lets see !!
Fiesta at 10+ ?!?! amazing!!! May be other companies should learn from Ford on 'packaging' and marketing! Ford could go on asking for "donations" directly!!!
LandCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote