Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th July 2011, 17:15   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17
Any update on the Focus? This thread seems to have died out.

Mustang - any info on whats happening on this front? Have they begun testing the car? and have there been any scoop sightings?
The car would be revealed at the auto expo in Jan.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 18:00   #107
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Focus Sedan caught testing in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
I like the styling of the new focus. Looks neat in and out. With both diesel and petrol being launched, it should do good numbers and provide a decent alternative to the dud corolla diesel!
Strong exterior lines and funky interiors as well. Should be a blast to drive as well. But with the Fiesta priced at almost Corolla levels, Ford would be hard pressed to compete with the Corolla on price. IF they launch the Focus, it would be fighting with the likes of the Fluence and the new Jetta.
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 18:48   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Thanks Mustang! Any idea if it’s going to be the Sedan version, or the notchback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Strong exterior lines and funky interiors as well. Should be a blast to drive as well. But with the Fiesta priced at almost Corolla levels, Ford would be hard pressed to compete with the Corolla on price. IF they launch the Focus, it would be fighting with the likes of the Fluence and the new Jetta.
The Focus does have great driving dynamics. I hope the pricing will be somewhere around the Laura
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 21:17   #109
BHPian

Focus would be a great addition to Ford India portfolio. However when I test drove with a friend we both felt that the back seat space is less and sometimes observed the engine to be rough. With all those things said, it still works well in America because the compact sedans like Focus are primarily starter cars and not necessarily for family.

In india cars at Rs. 12 Lakhs and above and essentially considered for family travel and backseat space and ability to seat 3 persons in back seat becomes an important consideration. On top of that ford normally prices its vehicles above the Japanese competition in usa. If they do that in India also (a la fiesta), I am not very optimistic about Focus in India.
gshanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 21:31   #110
BHPian

The Focus and the Mondeo are expected to make their way into India by the end of 2012 at the most. My friend who works for Ford Credit has verified this. But the pricing details have not be revealed and they are undergoing heavy testing it seems. If they get the pricing right then Ford has two GREAT products in their hands.

Cheers,
Kaushik
kaush666 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 22:17   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
The Focus and the Mondeo are expected to make their way into India by the end of 2012 at the most. My friend who works for Ford Credit has verified this. But the pricing details have not be revealed and they are undergoing heavy testing it seems. If they get the pricing right then Ford has two GREAT products in their hands.

Cheers,
Kaushik
Is this true? As no one has ever seen a Focus test mule in India, despite them undergoing 'heavy testing' as per the source But looking at the current Fiesta, I fear the Focus would not be very competitively priced :(

@Mustang- Does the Focus come with the boron steel panels too boss?
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 20:58   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand

@Mustang- Does the Focus come with the boron steel panels too boss?
Yes the new focus also has boron steel panels.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 08:02   #113
Senior - BHPian

It is nice that the Focus is coming to India. However, I am now wondering at what price point it would be selling in the country? Looking at the current Fiesta Prices, I do not expect it to be priced below 12-14 lacs (on road would be aout 14-16 lacs). Where the the Mondeo fit it? 20 and above?
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 09:22   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
It is nice that the Focus is coming to India. However, I am now wondering at what price point it would be selling in the country? Looking at the current Fiesta Prices, I do not expect it to be priced below 12-14 lacs (on road would be aout 14-16 lacs). Where the the Mondeo fit it? 20 and above?
IMO, Focus should be in the band of 12-15 lakhs and Mondeo (if coming to India) should be around 17-23 lakhs ex-showroom. Internationally it is compared with the likes of VW Passat, but slightly cheaper.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 11:38   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
IMO, Focus should be in the band of 12-15 lakhs and Mondeo (if coming to India) should be around 17-23 lakhs ex-showroom. Internationally it is compared with the likes of VW Passat, but slightly cheaper.

Going by the pricing of the new Fiesta at Corolla territory, the above said pricing strategy will work.
Wonder why from the C segment upwards all the cars have incrementing sticker prices over the years.
DicKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:12   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Highlights:

"World’s renowned car maker Ford is in a hurry to strengthen its portfolio in the Indian auto market and thus the company is gearing up to unleash its new Ford Focus in 2012 at the Indian AutoExpo. The launch of Focus sedan is a part of Ford’s strategy of unveiling 8 world class vehicles from its global portfolio in the country by 2015"

Ford Focus to mark India Debut at the Delhi Auto Expo 2012 | CarTradeIndia.com

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:04   #117
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Highlights:

"World’s renowned car maker Ford is in a hurry to strengthen its portfolio in the Indian auto market and thus the company is gearing up to unleash its new Ford Focus in 2012 at the Indian AutoExpo. The launch of Focus sedan is a part of Ford’s strategy of unveiling 8 world class vehicles from its global portfolio in the country by 2015"
Are you guys meaning the Delhi AutoExpo

I doubt if this is going to happen at all.
IIRC, Ford has not participated in the Auto Show for last 2 years. Especially given the fact that when Ford did not prefer to participate in the AutoExpo for launch of Global platform like Figo.
And even for thier previous bread earner the Fiesta's replacement was not showcased in AutoExpo.

If these two prime luanches did not go thro Auto Expo I dont think they will use AutoExpo to launch Focus.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 06:28   #118
BHPian

Quote:
I just love the looks of 2011 Ford Focus (US Version) in that category. I am not sure if the one they will launch in India will have the same looks. I hope it does. If it does, and if the engine has somewhere near 140 horses (US version has 160 horses), it would be one of the most serious contender for my 2nd car.
akbaree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 13:02   #119
R17
BHPian

Taking Mustang's word about an Auto expo reveal, we're about 5 odd months away from the Focus' launch in India. Should nt there emerge some scoop sightings of test mules around now. Understandably, Ford's busy with the recent launch of the Fiesta but would that affect its testing programme for the next launch ?

I, for one, think the Focus will be THE most exciting car to hit our roads for some time now.

Mustang - Anything new to share? We re all ears.
R17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 16:43   #120
R17
BHPian

Why has this forum gone so dead?

Folks - Any new dope on the Focus front?
R17 is offline   Reply With Quote