Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st May 2011, 01:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Logan, now known as the "Mahindra Verito" (Pics on Pg 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
You can understand when you all download the brochure from Mahindra Verito | New Sedan | Mahindra Verito India | Mahindra Car and try to figure out that the car has an unmistakeably mahindra lineage. The roof rails, the side skirts, the tacky chrome bar etc. No, I am not tom toming myself. You all see it to believe it. And then they were saying that "the era of sedans is over".......because the era of crossover sedans is on.
Well if this is a crossover sedan than what is Aria?
vina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 10:14   #92
Senior - BHPian

The price quoted is just not for the low end, its the BS3 version. So, careful

Yes, me too think they should have done some basic changes before going to the cosmetics. One main thing is the wiper, remote boot opener etc.

Anyway, knowing M&M reputation, they can market this. Waiting to see the sales chart, after the launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Well if this is a crossover sedan than what is Aria?
Well, it should be Crossover MUV??
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 10:43   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I must say the M&M logo integration on the front grille is weird! What's with the tooth fixation?! Just the logo would have gelled very well.
Benny, I thought the logo was quite well integrated into the front /grille, without much modification of existing grille. The tooth-fixation has definitely bitten the M&M branding guys, and the continuation of that style is on expected lines.

But the rear is where the logo is very badly done.

Btw, isnt it now only "Mahindra" and not "M&M" ?
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 21:58   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Some pictures of the Verito. New front bumper fog lamps. Previous ones used to be circular. Honestly, those roof rails looks odd. Steering wheel, wheelcaps all get a Mahindra logo now.

New front grille - OK
New headlamp - OK
New fog lamp - OK
Roof Rail - Not OK
Rear chrome logo - NOT OK
sanjaykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 21:59   #95
Senior - BHPian

Yet to spot the new LOGAN on the roads in Bangalore, keeping my eyes peeled out. I'm sure it will look better in the flesh
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 22:11   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Yet to spot the new LOGAN on the roads in Bangalore, keeping my eyes peeled out. I'm sure it will look better in the flesh
You will no longer spot new Logans as they're now new Veritos . On a serious note, I feel that the changes are too miniscule for it to show a difference, forget looking better in the flesh!
aravind.anand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 22:14   #97
BHPian

@TheArun, be careful with the eyes, it could be damaged.It may be a long time before you spot one. Also what happens to the existing warranty?Will mahindra honor them?
999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 23:33   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
@...

Also what happens to the existing warranty?Will mahindra honor them?
Wouldn't they have to? I mean Logan was a Mahindra vehicle and came from their dealer networks (even though a JV developed it)
Old 2nd May 2011, 13:42   #99
BHPian

All current warranty (standard + extended) will be honoured by M & M. Remember that Logan which was sold as a Mahindra-Renault JV product is only sold as 'Verito'. The original product is still with Renault (for which M&M will pay royalty) will be supported by them.
rajess_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 13:51   #100
BHPian

I saw the Verito in the showroom last week, and it looks good . The Logan and the Verito were parked next to each other. The Verito looked much better. Pictures on the website do not do justice to this facelift. In this case, seeing really is believing.
lucifer1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:02   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Roof Rails on a sedan. Now is that a world first? LOL
Even hatches like the Wagon R and the Beat sport roof rails, why should the Verito not have them?
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:06   #102
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Mahindra Logan, now known as the "Mahindra Verito" (Pics on Pg 4)

Quote:
Etios diesel may well sell better (Toyota brand image) but here's the thing - Logan reliability is field tested, while Etios (while probably reliable) is something you take as an article of faith (it's a Toyota)
IMO Logan is more of proper sedan than Etios. Although they might have skimped on a few cosmatic features, but they have kept the rear bench as good as they are in higher priced sedans. They have adjustable three head rests on rear seat! Etios make do with integrated head rest which is a big put off and just not acceptable. Logan feels more robust too, a vehicle which can take abuse and can absorb light skirmishes with vehicles driven by rowdy drivers.
Any cost cutting must not defeat the fundamental purpose of a car (taking one from point A to B safely and in comfort).
ajay0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:05   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
IMO Logan is more of proper sedan than Etios. Although they might have skimped on a few cosmatic features, but they have kept the rear bench as good as they are in higher priced sedans. They have adjustable three head rests on rear seat! Etios make do with integrated head rest which is a big put off and just not acceptable. Logan feels more robust too, a vehicle which can take abuse and can absorb light skirmishes with vehicles driven by rowdy drivers.
Any cost cutting must not defeat the fundamental purpose of a car (taking one from point A to B safely and in comfort).
This was one of the reasons that kept me thinking whether to buy Figo or Logan (Figo has integrated headrests and is relatively uncomfortable when it comes to rear seat) - I finally bought Figo but the heart still goes out to Logan.

By the way, you have committed blasphemy - be prepared to be skinned alive by Toyota fans
Old 5th May 2011, 11:50   #104
BHPian

Quote:
This was one of the reasons that kept me thinking whether to buy Figo or Logan (Figo has integrated headrests and is relatively uncomfortable when it comes to rear seat) - I finally bought Figo but the heart still goes out to Logan.

By the way, you have committed blasphemy - be prepared to be skinned alive by Toyota fans
Continuing about Logan/Verito; the cab in which I came home yesterday was a 3 year old logan with 3,10,000 on the ODO!!!!. The driver says that it consistently returns a mileage of 19kmpl in the city. Also, it seems the only issue is soft brakes. Btw came to know another fact: meru/easycab etc sell of their 3year old logans back to Mahindra at 2.5 Lacs. Don't know whether it would be a wise idea to buy 2nd hand from them though

Andy
adg_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 21:19   #105
BHPian

Exclamation Re: Mahindra Logan, now known as the "Mahindra Verito" (Pics on Pg 4)

Everybody here is talking about the looks only, have noticed even the top end model G4 doesn't have ABS + Airbag, only the top end Diesel D6 has it.

Name:  Verito.jpg
Views: 6801
Size:  105.0 KB

A huge let down !
ajay387 is offline   Reply With Quote