Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 4th July 2011, 22:08   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Logan, now known as the "Mahindra Verito" (Pics on Pg 4)

jeepster, ajay : the Verito I saw was a regular one, not the CS version. The wiper configuration is as the Venture's.This was the same type the Ambassador sported till 1979, the only difference being the newer vehicles have overlapping blades whereas the Ambassador has equal length blades resulting in some blind spot in the middle.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 01:50   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
Did you mean Butterfly type is available in logan or generally there car's are having butterfly system.
Mahindra Logan, now known as the "Mahindra Verito" (Pics on Pg 4)-_2153798d.jpg
Seen this styled Wiper configuration in Verito seen in last few days.
IMHO, this Central encircled system is a Butterfly operated Wiper operating system which balances the Orientation of Wiper Sweep infront of Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
jeepster, ajay : the Verito I saw was a regular one, not the CS version. The wiper configuration is as the Venture's.This was the same type the Ambassador sported till 1979, the only difference being the newer vehicles have overlapping blades whereas the Ambassador has equal length blades resulting in some blind spot in the middle.
Can you please the Post the pic of wipers of that car.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 02:06   #123
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
like this?IMO the new logan still have the old type wipers.
Civic Styled.. eh? The Logan's (Verito's) wipers are a big pain in the rains. I have been driven in the Logan extensively and the drivers always complain about the bad design. I think it is high time Mahindra realized this and change it. But otherwise the car is very comfortable to be seated in. The other common complaint is the hard clutch. Not sure if Mahindra worked on this common complaint?!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th July 2011 at 12:58. Reason: Quoted pic removed for benefit of mobile users.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 08:52   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The other common complaint is the hard clutch. Not sure if Mahindra worked on this common complaint?!
I test drove the Verito and the clutch felt surely softer... I asked a Meru cab driver and the common problem was the softer brakes, many were crashing (but we obviously know how rashely the yellow board vehicles are driven), so had my friend book the D6 (with ABS & driver airbags).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Attachment 572424
Seen this styled Wiper configuration in Verito seen in last few days.
IMHO, this Central encircled system is a Butterfly operated Wiper operating system which balances the Orientation of Wiper Sweep infront of Driver.
Can you please the Post the pic of wipers of that car.
This mechanism provides an elliptical motion for maximum reach of the wiper at the driver side. For most practical purposes this should do the job.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 02:05   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I test drove the Verito and the clutch felt surely softer... I asked a Meru cab driver and the common problem was the softer brakes, many were crashing (but we obviously know how rashely the yellow board vehicles are driven), so had my friend book the D6 (with ABS & driver airbags).
I don't have the figures off the cuff, but the 100kmph-0 braking distance for Verito was very poor. It was mentioned in Smartcats comparo of sedans under 12L (probably about 65m IIRC, when the Manza was somewhere around 52-53 - am not sure of these figures)

That may be the reason for the crashes. Hope your friend considered braking distances when finalizing on the car.
Poitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 13:04   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
I don't have the figures off the cuff, but the 100kmph-0 braking distance for Verito was very poor. It was mentioned in Smartcats comparo of sedans under 12L (probably about 65m IIRC, when the Manza was somewhere around 52-53 - am not sure of these figures)
I agree the cabs are driven rashly and cannot be taken as a sample to understand car dynamics.
The braking distance for the Verito is worse than the Manza; is this enhanced in any way by the stock tyres they offer?
Also, which one is heavier - the Verito or the Manza?
selfdrive is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 14:07   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Also, which one is heavier - the Verito or the Manza?
Manza is the heavier of the two!

cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 16:37   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Re-badged Logan works! Mahindra planning more variants!

On April 26th, Mahindra re-badged the Logan to Verito, gave it some cosmetic changes and launched it at a price point of Rs 4.82 – 5.62 lakh.

Since April, the stagnated sales numbers of the Verito have suddenly got a boost. Shown below are the sales figures of the Logan/Verito since February 2011.

That is a marked improvement considering all they had to do was add some chrome, roof rails, change the badges and formulate a new ad campaign.

Now, the company is looking to expand the portfolio and is working on launching two new versions of the car by the end of this fiscal.

Dr Pawan Goenka, President of the Mahindra Automotive sector, told reporters that one variant will be a refreshed version and the other one will be a sub 4-meter Verito which will be cheaper because of the excise benefits.

While there are hardly any details of the refreshed version, the sub 4 meter Verito (Logan) was always in the pipeline. It will take on the Tata Indigo CS and the soon to be launched Dzire compact sedan.

SOURCE - IAB
Attached Images

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2011 at 16:40.
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 16:48   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
While there are hardly any details of the refreshed version, the sub 4 meter Verito (Logan) was always in the pipeline. It will take on the Tata Indigo CS and the soon to be launched Dzire compact sedan.
Great numbers being clocked by the Verito there, it would be interesting to see the corresponding numbers for the Manza to see how it has been impacted directly.

It seems that Mahindra is working to gain advantage in the CS section. I hope they do a good job with the Xylo CS, it is a yet to be tapped segment in India
selfdrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 18:26   #130
Senior - BHPian

If Verito CS is on cards, then suddenly there is too much competition in CS area: miini-xylo (not fully CS!), Verito CA, Possible Manza CS, Surely Dezire CS! Good for the customer.
ani_meher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 20:46   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

When I agree there are lots of positives with Verito, what I can't stand is the interior [ash color?] I just cant sit inside a car with that kind of interiors. I hope they do something about that as well. Those interiors feel outright cheap.

And the sub 4m Verito is again the CS version or a hatchback ?
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 10:15   #132
BHPian

Agree with you @Swiftnfurious. I've driven the Verito and found it to a very comfortable car to drive in. The car has a lot of positives. But the interior colour and power window placements etc, give a very downmarket feel to the car.

Only if M&M would change the interior colour to Black.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 11:50   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Verito CS to be launched in 2012.

"Ever since we saw the spy pictures of the erstwhile Mahindra Logan CS(now Verito), we wondered when the car will be launched here. Seems like there is finally some clarity on the tentative launch date of the vehicle. In a statement given to Business Standard, Rajesh Jejurikar, executive VP, Mahindra’s auto business, has said that the ‘New Verito’ will be launched sometime next year
The new Verito is expected to be the CS version of the car with a compact boot and smaller engine to let it avail the excise duty cut, and thus retail for a price of about Rs.50,000 lesser than the current ex-showroom price."

Cheers!

Mahindra Verito CS coming next year, new Rs 4 lakh SUV in the works!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd November 2011 at 14:37. Reason: Removed font tags
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:43   #134
Senior - BHPian

The Verito seems to be on a roll. Taking of recent sales figures, Verito continues to sell more at 1,818 units a growth of 69% which is the highest sales in the last 42 months. Looks like this car has found renewed interest in both private buyers and commercial segment since the later provides a steady stream of numbers monthly. Only if they tweak the styling further and introduce the compact sedan, the sales might easily double the present figures.
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:32   #135
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The logan is very strong fundamentally as an entry level sedan. My dad bought one in 2009{ mainly because the waiting period for the diesel dzire was more than 6 months and the manza wasnt launched then} and he is very happy with its performance. He gets an average of 17-19kmpl and even the service bills havent been exorbitant as I thought it would be. When I drive it on and off, I feel it is a well put together car. The ride is pretty decent. If only mahindra gave it the refresh that it needs, it could again find personal users rather than just cabs.
motorworks is online now   Reply With Quote