Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th January 2006, 20:54   #1
BHPian

Question mitsubishi grandis

hey guys today i saw the ad of grandis on star sports.just looked likea twin of innova just with some extra mass here and there.did anyone else see the ad .i will try to record again
by the way when will it be launched
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 21:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think its smaller than the Innova...its more like the Indigo Marina. The Grandis is used by the cheaper Airport Taxi companies here in Dubai, and IMHO the Innova feels much better built. I could be wrong - I've only been a passenger on a few occassions.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 22:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be the Cedia platform. The Marina lwb could play this role too - the extra seating in the 3rd row would be nice to have.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-te...03--intro.html
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 06:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

and HM is supposedly bringing in the invecs engine in this car.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 12:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

a petrol muv by mitsubishi..? there goes the sales chart right down the drain... by no means of imagination can the grandis be expected to rival the innova.

however, i believe the trump card in HM's pack is yet to be unleashed. i've got some brief info that the existing pajero is coming out in euro-III form by april, priced at around 14.xx lacs. now THAT, is something to look forward to. with the fortuner postponed by at least a year and a half and no other competent SUV in the 15 lac segment, (i'm sure the tucson will eat paj's dust; the DICOR and the endeavour are worthy contenders, but we all know who's gonna take the trophy home) i'm DAMN sure the new pajero will be a hot seller...

unless the grandis comes in with the 6-speed diesel and a under 10 lac tag, i don't see much numbers going for it...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 12:39   #6
BHPian

the grandis is more of a toyota previa kind of vehicle. sliding back doors. but it looks good, with led brakelights or looks like led.
spdfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 13:27   #7
BANNED

Smile Nice surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
however, i believe the trump card in HM's pack is yet to be unleashed. i've got some brief info that the existing pajero is coming out in euro-III form by april, priced at around 14.xx lacs.
Are you sure about this, Bhai? If so, tell us all that you know. Can anyone here shed more light on this? I just hope and pray this doesn't go the Fortuner way... No Fortuner in India till Dec2007-Jan 2008 (95% guaranteed).
MrBoombastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 13:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

well yes, boombasticji, i'm pretty sure of the info; HM is coming out with multiple variants of the pajero, with the price range starting from 15 lakhs. all of the variants will be euro-III. the current euro-II model up for sale by mitsubishi is priced at 18.2 lacs on-road thane, individual; corporate prices differ by a lac and 20G's. and trust me, even at this price, the pajero is a steal, commanding a two month waiting period; the bookings run that high.

but what the customers don't know, is about the euro III model; which is what most have been waiting for...
Old 26th January 2006, 16:19   #9
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
HM is coming out with multiple variants of the pajero, with the price range starting from 15 lakhs. all of the variants will be euro-III.
Isnt that gonna be the old Pajero?? Well at 15 lakhs its definitely gonna be a stripped-down version. Agreed its a very good off-roader but HM cannot just use that as an excuse to sell this 4WD box for 15 lakhs.

v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 16:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

yes, it's going to be the old pajero- but it's a very capable machine till date, and can whup many of today's 4x4's rears...especially considering that the pajero of yore puts out 119 bhp from a 2.8 TI IDI engine, whereas today's complicated and (much) less reliable CRD-i's pump out 110-115 bhp...in the same category, i mean...

the pajero is a good car, no doubt. the only chink in it's armour is it's 80'ish styling and the amount of equipment offered with it...but those minuses are forgivable, for the pajero hides all it's pluses under the hood. plus, the seats are even more comfortable than the safari- and that's saying a lot...
Old 26th January 2006, 17:09   #11
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
but those minuses are forgivable, for the pajero hides all it's pluses under the hood.
Not forgivable since not even 10% of SUV buyers actually take their SUV's off-roading. The max off-roading they see is the city speed-breakers and potholes.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 17:20   #12
BANNED

Aha! This is why I love Team-BHP and say we at Team-BHP rock... LOL... Thank you for having posted that pic and for having made things clear in regard to my Pajero query, veyron1 bhai and v12 bhai. Adya33 and Steeroid have both offered me a secret weapon each to show to MotorMom and I thought just when Ady, Steer and I have zeroed in on two new targets, vey1 was giving me a third... Sadly, if it's going to be the old Pajero, then, MotorMom would sure find ingress and egress a problem.

If not for you two, I would have another car to research (when it was launched internationally, tech specs, whats missing in the Indian version, is it a CBU etc.)... Thanks for having saved me all the bugging hard work and long live Team-BHP.
MrBoombastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 03:02   #13
BHPian

hear they HM is going to launch the montero soon...any confirmations??
racing4cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 04:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

pajero is launched already in Kerala. Its not the old pajero from what it looks. And if is mitsubishi has done pretty well to hide it up.

known as Pajero-CRZ(Compact Revolutionary Zone) It costs 18.30 lakhs.

http://www.indiacar.com/index2.asp?p.../montero_a.asp

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus...0601251690.htm
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 08:44   #15
BHPian

hey guys any news about grandis
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote