Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 16:46   #151
BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
The article quotes the source as Team-BHP and we do not have a confirmation here yet.
Our fellow member rareone picked up this Polo.
Follow this link for more info http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...report-75.html

Old 20th March 2012, 15:34   #152
BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

So as per the latest news from Motobeam.com , the new generation polo which is likely to be launched in 2014 will have a 4 cylinder Diesel Engine . All the speculation that we had of a 2012 polo went in drains .

Source
Volkswagen To Launch 4-Cylinder Diesel Polo In 2014 | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

All those waiting for a more powerful diesel version of the Volkswagen Polo are set for a disappointment as the German automaker will not be launching a more 4-cylinder diesel engine in the Polo anytime before 2014. The company is already on the drawing board for the next generation model, which will see a global launch in 2013 and an India launch in 2014. The 7th generation Volkswagen Polo will see significant improvements, more so in the interior room department, which is the Polo’s achilles’ heel.
The Volkswagen Polo is currently powered by one diesel and two petrol engines. The petrol engines offered in the Polo do the job quite well, with the smaller 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol offering good fuel efficiency, while the bigger 1.6-litre, 4-cylinder petrol offering good performance. The diesel on the other hand lacks the thrust you would expect a car costing upwards of Rs. 8 lakh to have. Factor in the competition, which offers more refined and powerful hatchbacks and the drop in sales of the Polo become quite apparent.
Many have been waiting for a more powerful Polo diesel but no such model is in the pipeline for the 6th generation Polo. Volkswagen will not be launching any new product, nor product upgrade in 2012. The company is said to be working on a 4-cylinder diesel engine for the next Polo. This diesel engine will have a capacity of less than 1500cc to take the benefit of lower excise duty offered to small cars. Expect a price hike of Rs. 30,000/- when the next generation Polo goes on sale in India. The all new Polo will benefit from better driving dynamics and higher equipment levels.

However I would have been happy if they had mentioned any source of this news!!!!
Old 17th May 2012, 13:44   #153
BHPian

Hi all. We had a Demo/Test Drive stall put up in our office today - Olympia tech park, Chennai. I enquired about the Polo 1.5/1.6 TDI and they said that it will not be launched in India and it would most probably come as Golf 2.0 TDI and also they have planned to discontinue 1.6L Petrol. They said that they there is no plan for a 4 pot TDI engine for Polo as of now and even in near future and he said that it does not worth waiting for it
Old 17th May 2012, 14:36   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Hi all. We had a Demo/Test Drive stall put up in our office today - Olympia tech park, Chennai. I enquired about the Polo 1.5/1.6 TDI and they said that it will not be launched in India and it would most probably come as Golf 2.0 TDI and also they have planned to discontinue 1.6L Petrol. They said that they there is no plan for a 4 pot TDI engine for Polo as of now and even in near future and he said that it does not worth waiting for it
Please take the news with a pinch of salt regarding the launch of the Golf as more than half the times these dealership guys have no clue what is going on in the company.

A friend had spotted a 1.6L petrol auto Polo at a VW service centre and the car had the same dash design as the vento with steering controls and all. He asked the driver about it but that guy just said it is under testing and had no idea about its launch and all.
Old 25th June 2012, 08:07   #155
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I just spotted a new Polo being tested near Vashi. It had blacked out euro-spec headlamps. The car was on red plates with no badges. Very little camo.
Old 25th June 2012, 14:07   #156
Senior - BHPian

If it is the Polo to be launched in 2014 as per motorbeam, will they start testing so early ? Or is there a chance for a 'sooner than 2014' launch ?
Old 25th June 2012, 16:14   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
If it is the Polo to be launched in 2014 as per motorbeam, will they start testing so early ? Or is there a chance for a 'sooner than 2014' launch ?
The Polo that is to be launched in 2014 will have all together different design & platform. The Polo spotted by @theragingbull is the same Polo with dual barrel headlamps and some more tweaks here & there, can be considered a facelift. You never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Folks, I just spotted a new Polo being tested near Vashi. It had blacked out euro-spec headlamps. The car was on red plates with no badges. Very little camo.
Where exactly in Vashi? Would keep a close eye, since I reside there.
Old 25th June 2012, 21:35   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
The Polo spotted by @theragingbull is the same Polo with dual barrel headlamps and some more tweaks here & there, can be considered a facelift. You never know.
Good point! I'd completely forgotten about the facelift option. Polo was due for a facelift, i'm sure VW must be feeling the heat from new launches like the i20 and the Swift.

Note to VW: Please make steering mounted controls, vanity mirrors,all 4 power window controls on the driver side etc standard on the highline. Cars from a segment lower have all these as standard!

Last edited by shashank.nk : 25th June 2012 at 21:36. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 26th June 2012, 13:15   #159
Senior - BHPian

I had seen a similar Polo last month in Bombay when I was there last month.

It was silver in colour.It had blackened headlights and different alloy wheels.The car was De-Badged and was running on Red TC Plates.
Old 29th June 2012, 12:22   #160
BHPian

Saw a couple of Polo test running on the Sion Panvel Highway today on red plates. A white and a silver one. The white one had no badging on the rear. The silver one had the volkswagen and tdi badging. The headlights were blackened similar to the ones mentioned above. The alloy wheel design was different. The steering wheel didn't seem to have controls on it, but couldn't be sure. Managed to click a picture, its not very clear and only from one angle but thats the best I could manage.
Attached Thumbnails
Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-polo_update.jpg  

mohandasnikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 11:25   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Any updates on if and when this Polo facelift would be launched? Am considering the 1.2 Trendline as of now.

Last edited by itwasntme : 13th July 2012 at 11:34. Reason: Typo
Old 13th July 2012, 11:43   #162
BHPian

Re: Polo with new bluetooth stereo & steering mounted controls spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The car also has parking sensors which will probably have a display on the stereo itself.
Reverse view in such a small looking screen? a little absurd isnt it? Or is the pic deceiving!
Old 13th July 2012, 16:17   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil
Saw a couple of Polo test running on the Sion Panvel Highway today on red plates. A white and a silver one. The white one had no badging on the rear. The silver one had the volkswagen and tdi badging. The headlights were blackened similar to the ones mentioned above. The alloy wheel design was different. The steering wheel didn't seem to have controls on it, but couldn't be sure. Managed to click a picture, its not very clear and only from one angle but thats the best I could manage.
Those wheels look like the 16" Navarra wheels sold in the UK to me.
Old 14th July 2012, 10:27   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys,

Any updates on if and when this Polo facelift would be launched? Am considering the 1.2 Trendline as of now.
Not atleast for an year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Those wheels look like the 16" Navarra wheels sold in the UK to me.
And just have a look at those smoked headlamps . Wish they come in as well.
Old 16th July 2012, 13:27   #165
Senior - BHPian

My brother just can't stop drooling about the Polo since its launch and finally, seems to have decided to "B(ite)UY THE BULLET" !!

Had been for a TD yesterday and the SE there seemed really sure about the following things:

# - Polo 1.6 is not discontinued but kind of Built on order. Accordingly, if a particular color is available from an existing stock, 1 week is the delivery Time. Else will take around 50 days.

# - Polo Diesel will have an Update/Revision soon. He was not sure about the facelift though but sounded pretty confident about a "New/Improved Diesel Engine" on a Polo before September.

# - SE as well mentioned about an AT Tranny on the "Revised/FL" Polo but could not confirm if it was on a Diesel or Petrol Avatar.

Since my brother was only interested in the 1.6, we did not probe further into this.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 16th July 2012 at 13:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks