Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th December 2011, 12:33   #316
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

IMO, the Fortuner is a better vehicle when compared to the Explorer or Captiva. I am yet to see the XUV. I have driven extensively the Explorer and the Captiva, and briefly owned the Fortuner. My impression is that the Fortuner is way better than those two. But when someone steps up from an Innova to the Fortuner, he invariable scratches his head at why the almost double price. Larger engine and 4 wheel drive are not things you easily feel.
Yeldo is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 19:00   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I doubt any of the Indian born SUV's coming close to the Toyota quality in the near future. In a rush to fill up the vehicle with too many chinese electronics and providing additional features has its negative sides. Fortuner on the other hand is pretty bland and with bare minimum functionalities but still sells at a highly bloated price.
Quite True,

Indian manufacturers cannot match Toyota's quality. For the average Japanese Joe, quality is in the blood stream.

Toyota sells even though it has a high price tag is just because of the Quality and Reliability.
Old 5th December 2011, 19:32   #318
BHPian

Fortuner prices will go up by Rs.50K from Jan 1 2012 .
source : http://motoroids.com/news/toyota-to-...edium=facebook
Old 6th December 2011, 23:30   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Fortuner prices will go up by Rs.50K from Jan 1 2012 .
source : Toyota to hike prices from January 1

50K seems okay considering the changes that they have made. For example, the music system from corolla and the Bluetooth connectivity with steering controls itself is worth 50,000 for toyota's quality.

I am ready to pay even 1 lac more for this features and reliability.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:36   #320
BHPian

@ scorpiobharath: Toyota India is Raising the price by 50k for the currently available model only & not the updated facelifted model with the Bluetooth stereo.
Old 7th December 2011, 12:09   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
50K seems okay considering the changes that they have made. For example, the music system from corolla and the Bluetooth connectivity with steering controls itself is worth 50,000 for toyota's quality.

I am ready to pay even 1 lac more for this features and reliability.
50k extra for Music System & Bluetooth ?? Are you kidding me ?? Seems the "T" badge has a lot of brand value indeed in India.
Old 7th December 2011, 12:42   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
50k extra for Music System & Bluetooth ?? Are you kidding me ??
Motevo and Casca produce quite a few of these OEM high end music systems with touchscreen and all inclusive features and functions and they are actually that much costly in retail. This is purely from the music system perspective.
Old 7th December 2011, 13:26   #323
BHPian

Motevo & Caska are not by any stretch of imagination - high end !! These are cheap Chinese brands whose USP is OEM like fitment. They are gouging the customer just because the OEM look is retained. A much better sounding, better featured proper "high end" stuff from Pioneer/Kenwood woudnt cost more than 25-30k
ethanhunt123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 13:34   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Even I doubt this 50K increase is going to be on the facelift. I would expect the facelift same variant to cost an additional lakh or two. In the facelift they have more features including HID, headlamp washers etc I guess. Yes, the new touchscreen music system as well. Knowing Toyota, they would not miss an opportunity to squeeze Indian customers.

And remember, there were speculations that the facelift could cost 1-2L more when we started discussions about the new model. We will indeed need to wait & see whether there is actually any XUV effect on the face-lift launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Motevo & Caska are not by any stretch of imagination - high end !! These are cheap Chinese brands whose USP is OEM like fitment. They are gouging the customer just because the OEM look is retained.
Caska HUs retain for 35K or so and may not be high end as you say. But for a lot, warranty worries are taken care of by fitting the Caska units which also provide the OEM fit advantage. On a 20L rupee vehicle, I am sure that could be a bigger advantage for the 80% customers.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th December 2011 at 13:38.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 14:10   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Toyota Fortuner Facelift : Exclusive first drive report from Overdrive

2012 Toyota Fortuner - Exclusive first drive - Overdrive

Highlights:
Quote:
  • The Fortuner will also offer a new four-speed automatic transmission mated to the existing 3-litre common-rail engine.
  • The transmission doesn’t offer a sports mode or paddle shifters but can be driven if needed in 3rd, 2nd or low gear modes.
  • The automatic version is not available as a four-wheel drive model.
  • A two-wheel drive manual transmission model will also be available and will be the entry level Fortuner, expect the price of this variant to be Rs 1 lakh cheaper than the existing four-wheel drive model.
  • The new Fortuner will be unveiled at the auto expo in Delhi and will be launched by January 2012.
  • Prices are expected to be the same for the existing variant and expect a similar price for the automatic transmission since there is no four-wheel drive offered.
Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-7t4g5126.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-7t4g5141.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-7t4g5260.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-7t4g5292.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6-7t4g5303.jpg

Pics & news courtesy:: Overdrive

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th December 2011 at 14:17.
swiftnfurious is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 14:27   #326
BHPian

The Automatic Endy 4x2 price is Rs 19,19,831 ex showroom mumbai.
Overdrive says that the Automatic 4x2 fortuner will be at the prevailing price of 4x4 manual fortuner which is Rs 20,36,815 Ex showroom mumbai.
This price is a steal IMO.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 17th December 2011 at 14:29.
Old 17th December 2011, 14:47   #327
BHPian

I feel confused at the Overdrive article. Do they mean that the Fortuner shall come only in 2WD Manual and 2WD Auto versions? No 4WD Manual? Or they mean that the 4WD manual and 2WD automatic shall be priced similarly and the 2WD manual priced still lower?
Old 17th December 2011, 14:50   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
I feel confused at the Overdrive article. Do they mean that the Fortuner shall come only in 2WD Manual and 2WD Auto versions? No 4WD Manual? Or they mean that the 4WD manual and 2WD automatic shall be priced similarly and the 2WD manual priced still lower?
I believe they are saying that the 2WD Auto will be priced along with the 4WD manual whereas the 2WD manual will be the new base model priced lower.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 16:16   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Overall, the updates looks good, even though the dashboard bits look too plastic-y in the pictures. Thinking why they decided against 4x4 AT, which is already available in other markets like the Philippines?
Old 17th December 2011, 17:50   #330
Senior - BHPian

Everything as expected and already researched in detail. Good thing is the addition of the reverse camera and the BT controls on the steering wheel. I think I also see a Cruise Control (pretty useless in India IMHO) lurking behind the steering.

New Fortuner Auto review, test drive - Review - Autocar India

New Innova review and test drive - Review - Autocar India
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread