Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th May 2011, 12:55   #61
Default Re: Hyundai's amazing growth

Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Ok. I don't want to make this a swift vs i20 comparison. But since you brought up a point about it, Having driven the Swift vxi for 2 years and the I20 Crdi over the past 7 months, Given an option, I would always choose the i20 over the swift
My point exactly! Brushing aside Hyundai cars (in comparison to its peers available in India) based on "good to drive" check box is pure simple baloney and totally subjective!
Gooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 13:49   #62

As marketing gurus would say "Give the customer the right product, at the right price at the right time and at the right place". Not many companies are able to live up to this promise. Hyundai did , and look at where they are!

I think not only Hyundai but other korean companies too are very promising and are doing wonders at the world stage - (Read Samsung and LG)
Vroom barabar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 20:41   #63

The feat of becoming worlds 5th Largest Manufacturer is not small deal. And they really deserve to be there. For their constant upgradation, especially in the design front. Earlier they had that funny "korean" look, but now take a look at their designs. Jaw Dropping Euro designs.

About "fun to drive" part, I think, hassle free, value for money ownership experience creates more sales than the Fun to Drive factor. Think that Hyundai has rightly focussed on the former. But I am not saying that their car are not fun to drive.

Once Drove a verna CRDI, It has a stonker of an engine. Can be a lot of fun.
sureshkishore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 15:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai has sold its five millionth vehicle in Europe. The Korean carmaker began selling cars in Europe in 1977, with the Hyundai Pony. It took Hyundai 19 years to sell its first million vehicles, hitting that milestone in 1996. Since then sales growth has come much quicker, with the two million mark passed in 2001, three million in 2005 and the four millionth Hyundai sold in Europe during 2008. The five millionth car sold was an i30 family hatchback. The UK is Hyundai's second-largest market in Europe after Germany, with a total of 661,328 units sold since 1977 and the most popular model sold in the UK has been the i10, which has sold over 60,000 units since 2008 (Hyundai)

source: Car magazine UK
shortbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 03:03   #65

Report: Hyundai/Kia will likely top Toyota/Lexus for No. 3 sales spot in May

If forecasts from TrueCar.com are accurate, Hyundai and Kia will be the only automakers to post sales gains in the month of May. Mildly interesting news in itself, but the real shocking nugget is that the Korean conglomerate is expected to pass Toyota (including its Lexus luxury brand) as the third-best-selling automaker in the United States.

Surely there are multiple reasons why Toyota and Lexus sales are expected to drop in May (when compared to April, 2011 and May of 2010), but parts and inventory shortages stemming from the devastating earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan are front and center.

Credit also goes to Hyundai and Kia for the dramatic gains they have made on their Japanese and American competitors in the last few years, both in sales and in consumer perception. That said, Toyota seems likely to rebound in the coming months, so it will be an interesting exercise to follow the sales charts.

When all the numbers finally come in, TrueCar.com expects the month of May to show an eight-percent drop in sales from April. As you would expect, shortages of cars imported from Japan is partly to blame, but lowered incentives from all automakers is also cited as a contributing factor.
Source: AOL Autos
Pri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 13:11   #66

For the past 3 days I have been fanatically searching about the Equus. I am mightily impressed by the product. It is significantly cheaper than the Germans, is good in almost all the departments and hopefully it will prove to be much reliable than the German brands.

According to Ward's Auto, in June Hyundai sold 3,370 units of its Genesis and Equus large luxury cars in the U.S., surpassing the 2,903 Lexuses sold the same month. Hyundai again outperformed Lexus last month in the U.S., selling 3,819 luxury cars, compared with its competitor's 3,802, it said.

Hyundai is likely to be No.1 manufacturer in the times to come. Personally, I feel it deserves to be.
singhupinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 21:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai posts marginal fall in India revenue in Jan-Sept.

Korean auto major Hyundai today reported a marginal decline in its revenue from India at 3.861 trillion South Korean won (KRW) in January-September period in 2012 despite vehicle sales growing by nearly four per cent.

According a presentation on its website, Hyundai Motor Company (HMC) said revenue from India had stood at 3.869 trillion KRW in the first nine months of 2011.

However, vehicle sales from the company's subsidiary -- Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) -- during the period increased by 3.73 per cent.

HMIL sold a total of 4,78,902 units, including exports, in January-September period this year compared to 4,61,697 units in the year-ago period.

volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote