Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 18th February 2013, 07:52   #106
rbp
BHPian

Default Re: SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-img_20130217_182216.jpg

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-img_20130217_182353.jpg

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-img_20130217_182512.jpg

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-img_20130217_182538.jpg

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-img_20130217_182634.jpg

Saw this parked yesterday in my locality, not sure if this has been launched, please ignore if launched.
rbp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 08:32   #107
Senior - BHPian

Nice crisp article on the E20. I like the aspect of the solar panel setup being described here.

Livemint article - Reva E20
Old 24th February 2013, 12:46   #108
BHPian

Was found next to my home.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-photo0019.jpg  

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-photo0020.jpg  

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-photo0021.jpg  

Old 24th February 2013, 16:50   #109
Senior - BHPian

Neat job, looks like the car would be launched anytime, what I have heard is they are waiting for sops in the Budget before they decide on the pricing, there seems to be no drastic change to range, but it's a proper 4 seater now
Old 28th February 2013, 14:21   #110
BHPian

Any updates wrt electric cars in the budget? Can we expect E2O launch now?
Old 1st March 2013, 10:03   #111

The launch is expected in mid-March. They have been delaying the launch primarily so that they are able to manage more subsidies. And of course, the same will be passed on to the customers.

Anything around 5 should be a good launch price (after subsidies).

The govt. is also showing support by putting up charging points at various locations. The charging should ideally be free of charge but even if it is not, it should not be a problem.
Old 1st March 2013, 11:54   #112
BHPian

Default Mahindra to go ahead with launch in march

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/18732510.cms

Quote:
M&M has already tied up with State Bank of India BSE 0.11 %, power distribution companies like BSES and different malls across leading cities for charging stations and it's also in talks with various states to create such facilities across the country. Mahindra Reva has 100 charging stations across Delhi and Bangalore, and is aiming to add 300-500 in the next few years.
Charging points in metros.
Quote:
""Once the mission plan is implemented, everyone will get into the electric vehicle space, which will help in development of charging infrastructure as well. If we get a good response for NXR, we may come out with three to four more products,"" Pawan Goenka, president, automotive, Mahindra & Mahindra had told ET in 2012.
3- 4 More products expected if E20 is a success
Old 1st March 2013, 12:00   #113
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haridbc140 View Post
Was found next to my home.
Good catch and the very first photo, in its bad/worst coincidence, looks like the front of the tempo !

Prem.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:05   #114
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra to go ahead with launch in march

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/18732510.cms

Charging points in metros.

3- 4 More products expected if E20 is a success
Since no one is talking about any concrete timelines, M&M is essentially on their own to setup the whole infrastructure necessary to make the E2O a success. Actually not just the E2O but the whole EV space a success. Will it not be amazing if M&M sets up the necessary ecosystem (charging points all over, credible payment systems, great A.S.S. etc) and then allows other manufacturers to bring up EVs allowing them to leverage the infrastructure setup by M&M.
Its a bit like a Reliance setting up mobile towers allowing other service providers to lease them and provide their own services. Ends up with lowers costs for Reliance and more options for customers.
Old 4th March 2013, 15:41   #115
BHPian

Got this in the mail today.With sightings of E-20 becoming common in Bengaluru especially near the SAP complex, and the budget being done with.Looks like it is just a matter of time before the commercial launch

http://www.mouthshut.com/blog/aibgpn...e20-this-month
Old 4th March 2013, 19:08   #116
BHPian

The vehicles sighted on road are alpha testing vehicles. I know a person through a friend of mine who is testing one vehicle.
My friend owns the prev gen Reva and last week we were invited by Mahindra for a Reva plant visit.
I took a spin in that car and I must say I was impressed. The dynamics of the car is nothing less than any other car on road. The rear room feels nothing less than a Wagon-R.
Plastics are of pretty cheap quality, but much better than the prev gen Reva.

The top end E2O will have integrated Telematics something similar to GM's Onstar. The demo was pretty impressive. The telematics system works through Mahindra hosted server and the operations are done through android based app.
The telematics features include- Turning on the AC 20 min before u get into a car through your mobile phone. Plan your charging while on vacation i.e. say you can set the car to fully charge when you are returning from vacation. You can plan your trip using integrated GPS and map, such as plan your trip for distance to empty etc.

The top-end version will have an additional feature of quick charge which can charge the car in 1.5 hr during emergency. To fully charge the car normally, it will take 5 to 5.5 hours.

There are good number of accessories available. The best one I liked was a solar parking shade. You can purchase that shade and get it installed in the open air parking in office. The car will charge if parked idle.

The AC was quite chilling and the sound system works pretty nice. The middle head unit is multi functional which shows the car information, the battery level, maps, rear camera and many more. It has a demo video which can be seen by any new user who is wanting to drive the car for first time.
The MID is filled up with information. The MID has a cool meter which shows how efficiently you have been driving. Feature wise, this car is no less than any 12 lakhs car on road.
The car will have ONLY Li-ion battery and no option for Lead acid. Also, the battery life they claimed is 5 years.

They said they will be revealing the prices post budget. Booking has started for 100% refundable deposit of 10k.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 4th March 2013 at 19:12.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 10:16   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

First drive report by an American in New York Times -
http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/...o-woo-drivers/

Quote:
The driver’s seat comfortably accommodated this correspondent’s 6-foot-2-inch frame. The car started up silently, as electric cars do, and with a touch of the accelerator pedal it rolled forward (with a louder whine, I noted, than the Chevy Volt.)

Compared to American cars, I found the steering a bit harsh and the suspension a little jouncy on the pothole-pocked roads. The E2O has two modes — standard and boost — the latter of which provides better pickup but drains the battery more speedily. With the pedal to the metal in boost mode on a straightaway of roughly 180 meters, I achieved a speed of about 53 kilometers (33 miles) per hour — acceleration that is, from an American perspective, unimpressive.

The E2O, however, is not meant for the American driver. It is intended as a commuter vehicle in India’s congested stop-and-go traffic, where one rarely gets a straightaway but can console oneself that the regenerative brakes are replenishing the battery. The E2O’s top speed will be the maximum legal speed on most urban roads, which is 80 kilometers an hour.
smartcat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 10:54   #118
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Talking about the ecosystem, my two paisas

Unlike the fossil fuels, charging the batteries is going to take time. (min 1 hour i guess) So It would be nice if Mahindra attacks this issue in two ways

1. Tie up with joints like Coffee day or any other fastfood joints where people can enjoy their meals as well as charge the batteries
2. For those who are in a hurry, they should be able to replace their battery packs(exchange) at authorized points(like our small gas cylinders)
Old 5th March 2013, 14:34   #119
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Launch on 18th March! Link to full news item
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 11:53   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Talking about the ecosystem, my two paisas

Unlike the fossil fuels, charging the batteries is going to take time. (min 1 hour i guess) So It would be nice if Mahindra attacks this issue in two ways

1. Tie up with joints like Coffee day or any other fastfood joints where people can enjoy their meals as well as charge the batteries
2. For those who are in a hurry, they should be able to replace their battery packs(exchange) at authorized points(like our small gas cylinders)
So they have installed charging points in more than 100 places in blore. Mostly the points are in major shopping malls, SBI and Mahindra workshops. They sid they have more strategy for charging points which they did not disclose.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread