Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 10:30   #196
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

do any of you guys have any clue of it's launch?
Cos I'm planning to buy an used innova by this year end. if there's any chance that Maruti launches this by year end I wouldn't mind buying this instead of innova.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:56   #197
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
do any of you guys have any clue of it's launch?
Cos I'm planning to buy an used innova by this year end. if there's any chance that Maruti launches this by year end I wouldn't mind buying this instead of innova.
I have the july issue of autocar mag with me and according to them the launch is destined for end 2011. with a price of Rs 8-10 lakhs (ex-showroom).

Engines will be a new 1.4 L K-series petrol engine (the first MS car to use this engine in india), and the SX4 Diesel engive with VGT.

It seems this front engined front wheel car will be positioned above the SX4.

Considering the price (of the diesel) being so close to the innova and with less space compared to it, i think the innova will still remain the king of this segment.

Plus Autocar india july issue has a picture of an updated version of the innova coming in mid-2012 if u are interested. The front looks very attractive with the interiors also to get a complete make-over.

Last edited by amrisharm : 29th June 2011 at 10:58.
amrisharm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 11:05   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
I have the july issue of autocar mag with me and according to them the launch is destined for end 2011. with a price of Rs 8-10 lakhs (ex-showroom).

Engines will be a new 1.4 L K-series petrol engine (the first MS car to use this engine in india), and the SX4 Diesel engive with VGT.

It seems this front engined front wheel car will be positioned above the SX4.

Considering the price (of the diesel) being so close to the innova and with less space compared to it, i think the innova will still remain the king of this segment.

Plus Autocar india july issue has a picture of an updated version of the innova coming in mid-2012 if u are interested. The front looks very attractive with the interiors also to get a complete make-over.
Thanks for the info. looks like I'd have to start my innova hunting at the earliest then
but again one thing I couldn't understand is the fact that this product being positioned above SX4, considering the fact that this product will just have 2 more seats than SX4
Old 29th June 2011, 12:58   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
but again one thing I couldn't understand is the fact that this product being positioned above SX4, considering the fact that this product will just have 2 more seats than SX4
2 more seats amounts to 40% increase
If the vehicle has more seats, offers more utility and almost has the same size/bulk, it can only be more expensive right?
Old 29th June 2011, 16:34   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
2 more seats amounts to 40% increase
If the vehicle has more seats, offers more utility and almost has the same size/bulk, it can only be more expensive right?
Not necessarily.The Rlll mit not have the premiumness of sx4.
case in point : corrolla is more expensive than innova.
Old 29th June 2011, 21:38   #201
BHPian

Suzuki has the SX4 Hatch that is sold abroad--if they wanted a premium hatch they would have brought that one over. My guess(wish?) is with the extended Ritz platform,they will try to price the car competitively--say around 7-7.5 L Ex Showroom which is just below SX4.The Midsize MUV is empty space for now and Maruti has a good shot at capturing the market if they bring the product quickly and price it decently.The Mahindra Mini Xylo is also rumored to be coming soon, and that will be another contender on the same space in a few months.
Old 29th June 2011, 21:53   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Not necessarily.The Rlll mit not have the premiumness of sx4.
case in point : corrolla is more expensive than innova.
Usually, in India, the costlier vehicle has higher CC engine. RIII (P) will have 1400cc engine, so at least petrol variant will be positioned lower than SX4.
Old 29th June 2011, 23:20   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
My guess(wish?) is with the extended Ritz platform,they will try to price the car competitively--say around 7-7.5 L Ex Showroom

The Mahindra Mini Xylo is also rumored to be coming soon, and that will be another contender on the same space in a few months.
I personally would have preferred the hatch version of SX4 or at least a new car on the SX4 platform than a stretched Ritz platform. Now the extended length = more under body scraping ?

Two things for Maruti to note here.

1. Xylo prices starts at 7.16 Ex showroom. So why would someone want to buy a "smaller" car at that price point. The answer could be "a smaller daily drive city car with occasional 7 seating". But will have to wait and see how market reacts to this. Indian mindset is "for the same cash, bigger the better"!

2. Xylo CS is intentionally reduced to sub 4m to gain on the excise duty savings where as Maruti loses the edge there. Also Xylo CS might prove to be a better car in terms of space & GC.

Anyway couple of such launches should not hurt the customers. Now I would look at a 3rd company to notice the best from these cars and bring their own model with all the positives.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th June 2011 at 23:22.
Old 30th June 2011, 07:27   #204
Team-BHP Support

[quote=swiftnfurious;2411276]I personally would have preferred the hatch version of SX4 or at least a new car on the SX4 platform than a stretched Ritz platform. Now the extended length = more under body scraping? /quote]
From the pictures, it has some resemblance to the SX4 hatchback I see here. Anyway, Suzuki should know well to handle the GC related problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Two things for Maruti to note here.
Xylo or Xylo CS, I don’t think it will matter much. People will anyway buy a Suzuki. That’s the brand loyalty they enjoy.

But you are right. Pricing is the key here. This kind of a product could actually impact some of Suzuki’s own cars – Swift/Dzire and SX4. Especially Swift Dzire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Anyway couple of such launches should not hurt the customers. Now I would look at a 3rd company to notice the best from these cars and bring their own model with all the positives.
Yes, if this is a success, expect Toyota and Honda to respond with similar kind of cars. They do have those options in SE Asia.
Old 30th June 2011, 10:47   #205
BHPian

Looks like some Xylo discussion/comparison happening here - my 2 cents:

-MUL won’t worry about Xylo. I don’t think it’s a competition to RIII even if priced aggressively
- I am not a design expert but IMHO Xylo is botched job and looks like a boat on 4 wheels. I would prefer the design of Ritz or DZire any day compared to Xylo.
- With that design the handling and safety are also a big question mark.

M&M can pose some serious competition to RIII/Innova/Duster if they launch the Sangyong Korando under 10L..wishful thinking...maybe. It’s a modern SUV designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro and has the potential to shake up the SUV market in India

Last edited by C300 : 30th June 2011 at 10:49. Reason: Formatting
Old 30th June 2011, 16:00   #206
BHPian

Dont think the xylo will be able to match the refinement and trouble free nature of rlll,so the two can co-exist without much cannibalisation.
A typical rlll buyer will be a sedan lover who wants the practicallity of two additional seats.
Old 30th June 2011, 23:13   #207
BANNED

Source: SCOOP! Maruti Suzuki RIII coming! which in turn sources this image from Team-BHP. But in the first post of this thread, the upper part of the car was missing. So posting the complete image for a better view:

Now IMO, it has a very bold styling at the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-1309434989a3741.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 30th June 2011 at 23:19.
Old 1st July 2011, 11:08   #208
BHPian

More pictures from Autocar. It seems we have seen each and every detail of the back but the front is still a bit sketchy, so am posting this pic.

The car seems to be in the final stages of testing on public roads so i guess this is pretty much what the final product will look like. It does not even have any body cladding to hide its looks.

Considering the slump in sales for Maruti in the last couple of months and with the final product looking pretty much ready in these spy shots, my personal guess is that maruti may try for a launch at around Diwali.

(Note: Picture from July 2011 issue Autocar Magazine, Pg 17, Vol. 12, No 11)
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30-001.jpg  

Old 1st July 2011, 13:04   #209
BHPian

Maruti RIII, the upcoming MPV (multi purpose vehicle) in the Indian market, is speculated to hit the Indian roads within the near future as the car was recently spotted testing on the Indian roads. The vehicle was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo in the January 2010, where it has received an overwhelming response from visitors and car enthusiasts. The Maruti RIII is widely speculated to be launched in the Indian market at the Delhi Auto Expo 2012.

The car is reported to be now getting its final touches at Suzuki’s Japan facility for the final touch, which will be followed by the start of the full-scale production of the car.

The new Maruti RIII is expected to come powered by a 1248 CC DDiS engine which has already been doing duties in the company’s recently launched entry level sedan Maruti SX4 diesel. The powerful diesel engine of the car is capable of delivering a peak power of 89 bhp along with a peak torque of 20.5 kgm. The diesel version of the car is expected to be followed by a 1.2L petrol version which would be powered by a 1.2-litre K-Series engine.

The Maruti RIII is expected to be launched in the price segment of Rs 7 lakh. However, the company is yet to reveal pricing and specification details of the car in the country.

Source - Maruti RIII to hit Indian roads next year | CarTradeIndia.com
Old 1st July 2011, 13:44   #210
Senior - BHPian

How does the 2.7 metre wheelbase compare to Xylo and Innova?
Seems meagre at the face of it!!

Nevertheless, I cant imagine this product being launched at anything higher than 7L, looking at the pics.. Its a bigger Eeco - thats all..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks