Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 1st June 2011, 19:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Awesome scoop! So MSIL decides to get serious about the diesel UV segment. This could set the tone for the emerging affordable UV/MPV segment in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Is the car in the snap a 7 seater or 5 seater?
Asking bcos would be 1.3L DDIS be able to comfortably lug around with a load of 7 folks and A/C and other things?
From the pics posted, it looks as if it could be offered in 7-seat trim. The same 1.3 diesel pushes the Linea, which is no light weight, so on paper at least it should suffice.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:12   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Thanks chevelle... this is a wonderful scoop.

Edit: Do you more images of the car, especially the 3rd row & more details of possible?
Thanks, I posted all the images clicked. No other photos are available and details are very scarce. i have asked my friend about more details but chances of getting more info is very less.

From the looks of it, the 3rd row is gonna be a squeeze. I think this is based on ritz/swift platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Is the car in the snap a 7 seater or 5 seater?
Asking bcos would be 1.3L DDIS be able to comfortably lug around with a load of 7 folks and A/C and other things?
The snap of the car is 7 seater version. Its not yet confirmed if it will come with 1.3L DDis. Its just a guess and chances are hella more. From the looks of it, its quite small and light unlike XYLO, so it may not need a powerful engine to lug around.

Just a thought. What are the chances it will have diesel from VW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Cheville hasn't posted the pictures of the front fascia.
there are no front pics available. My friend didn't click those. And its still unclear from which concept or existing model its gonna be influenced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
I guess this car will be a 5 seater with an optional 5+2 seater option. But will the 1.3l ddis engine be able to pull the load?
I doubt this car will be of the same size of the Innova. This will be a bit bigger than the Versa maybe.
I agree, it could be an optional 7 seater, but 5 seater as such doesn't make sense as it will then close the gap with wagon-r and estillo thereby impacting sales. so it could be available in only 7 seater version.

i think 1.3L ddis will be able to pull it easily. With maruti, you can be assured of engine mated to responsive gearbox as in all recent marutis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
This car is surely gonna be lighter and smaller than the Xylo because this is under 4m in length. I guess this will compete with the mini-Xylo which is going to be launched soon.
I agree. From the looks of it, its too small to be competing with xylo and likes.

Last edited by chevelle : 1st June 2011 at 20:13.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:22   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I agree, it could be an optional 7 seater, but 5 seater as such doesn't make sense as it will then close the gap with wagon-r and estillo thereby impacting sales. so it could be available in only 7 seater version.

i think 1.3L ddis will be able to pull it easily. With maruti, you can be assured of engine mated to responsive gearbox as in all recent marutis.

I agree. From the looks of it, its too small to be competing with xylo and likes.
Actually I think the 5 seater would also sell well. People will buy it for its boot space and many tours and travels companies may also buy it if they want a cheap and VFM people's mover. There is also a possibility of some of the fleet cab companies buying it.
Size wise this car will be just a wee bit bigger than the Eeco/Versa.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:37   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From the looks of it, the 3rd row is gonna be a squeeze. I think this is based on ritz/swift platform.

The snap of the car is 7 seater version. Its not yet confirmed if it will come with 1.3L DDis. Its just a guess and chances are hella more. From the looks of it, its quite small and light unlike XYLO, so it may not need a powerful engine to lug around.
7-seater MPV of this size is quite possible. In SE Asia, Honda has got a similar model 'Freed', which is based on the Jazz.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

The 90ps diesel should do a good job of lugging this car. Both Innova and Xylo are based on ladder frames unlike the Rlll which will be a mono, thus far lesser weight. Also the figures of this engine are not far off the traditional Safari. Despite the size I think the likes of Innova and Xylo will take a hit. The biggest customers i.e fleet buyers will fall for the lower running costs and potentially a lower price tag as well. Not to forget the 'Maruti' badge.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 20:50   #66
BHPian

Note from Mod : You have way too many spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other members / guests.

You are hereby instructed to proof-read your posts prior to hitting the "submit" button. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 2nd June 2011 at 19:04.
ravi_23 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st June 2011, 22:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No other photos are available and details are very scarce. i have asked my friend about more details but chances of getting more info is very less.
It's very doubtful that a person who took photos of the rear, seats and dashboard, forgot to take the photo of the front side. . Please ask him to give the photos by tomorrow morning.

From the images and also by assumption, it won't have a big bonnet. IMO, its front side will look very similar to that of Ritz. And that may be one of the reason why the photographer didn't even mind to click it!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 1st June 2011 at 22:57.
Old 1st June 2011, 23:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

1) Excellent Scoop!

2) The car might be based on Opel/Vauxhall Meriva. Opel Meriva also has short rear window after C-pillar.

I am attaching the image of Meriva which can be compared with the short glass after C-pillar. This car does not look bigger than Innova in any case. This is one step below Innova I suppose.

3) The engines will have to be stronger. Much stronger than the small diesel they have for small cars. That engine wont do.

4) Price. As I mentioned earlier, I dont think that this is bigger than Innova and with a small diesel motor and anything more than Rs. 9 lakh OTR price, Innova would rather look more VFM with much bigger engine and more space.

If its not Meriva, then for sure it loooks like some MPV based on either currnet Swift/Ritz or the newer Ritz. Now that the new Swift is really a new arrival even in international market, this possibility looks rare.

Pricing will be key to success IMO.
Attached Images

Old 1st June 2011, 23:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

T-BHP is a good source of scoops for other sites!
www.exorian.com: ARE WE SEEING THE MARUTI RIII SEVEN SEATER MPV?
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:08   #70
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Autocar also has managed some spy pics of this car! Front is similar to the Ritz. Here's the link - Maruti
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 01:03   #71
BHPian

Lightbulb re: SCOOP Pics! Maruti Suzuki's new 7 seater MPV Ertiga *UPDATE* Spotted again Pg.29,30

Autocar pics indicate zero bootspace
Old 2nd June 2011, 01:04   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Autocar also has managed some spy pics of this car! Front is similar to the Ritz. Here's the link - Maruti
Guess that closes all speculation. Definitely not the Landy but an evolved RIII.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 01:11   #73
BHPian

This is one segment that was sorely missing in Maruti's portfolio. With the Innova + Xylo combo selling close to 6.5 - 7k per month, it was too big a number for Maruti to neglect.

Plus they have no MPV above the Eeco to fear sales cannibalisation. Heck, the Eeco has not even cannibalised Omni sales (BSIII and BSIV availability being one of the reasons).

As pointed out by GTO, in a recent Economic Times article, the MPV was mentioned as one of the segments that Maruti was looking at and they seem to have the product in readiness.

This will hopefully bridge the biiiiiiiiig gap between the Eeco and the Xylo / Innova in terms of size and price.
Old 2nd June 2011, 02:46   #74
BHPian

More shots of the MPV. It is a rather handsome looking vehicle and should rake in good numbers for MSIL if priced right.

Name:  maruti_490x326_4.jpg
Views: 4337
Size:  37.7 KB
Name:  maruti__01_490x326.jpg
Views: 4580
Size:  39.9 KB
Name:  maruti_02_new_0.jpg
Views: 4303
Size:  45.9 KB

Source - Autocar - Maruti’s new R III mini-MPV spied
Old 2nd June 2011, 03:16   #75
Senior - BHPian

The BEST PART is the DIESEL option which none of the MSIL vans ever had.

MSIL hopefully will give the 90HP SX4 diesel motor on this.

The ZDi variant should have ABS/airbags which will take it directly in the XYLO or maybe Scorpio pricing category.

Since the cheapest diesel maruti is 5.5L on road in Mid trim variant.
This vehicle should be priced higher/similar to DZIRE.

And if its below 4 mtrs i am not sure how it will compare with SUV's.
IMO diesel version should easily be upwards of 7L on road atleast.

It will create a new segment - MINI MPV in which we only have PREMIER RIO right now , and should have MINI XYLO soon.
Closed Thread