Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:48   #106
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,777
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
1066kgs kerb-weight for a sedan!? Whoa. Now that's is feather weight.


Thanks to that wheelbase, Nissan say that the US-Versa can carry 5 full-sized Americans!
That - my friend - is utter rubbish by Nissan. Versa is even smaller than Sentra. I have driven the Sentra as a rental and it's good for 4 full size Indians - forget about 5 full size Americans in a Versa.
blackasta is online now  
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:12   #107
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,714
Thanked: 9,025 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta

That - my friend - is utter rubbish by Nissan. Versa is even smaller than Sentra. I have driven the Sentra as a rental and it's good for 4 full size Indians - forget about 5 full size Americans in a Versa.
Sunny is told to be more spacious than even the Sentra. Media reports say it's as big as the Corolla inside.

Last edited by .anshuman : 3rd August 2011 at 11:54. Reason: added a point
.anshuman is offline  
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:23   #108
BHPian
 
Poitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 3rdRockFmTheSun
Posts: 850
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Any idea on the USP for this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
  • Should be a fairly spacious car from the looks of it. We finally may have a spacious car which is of good quality in the C segment, apart from the ANHC. The Etios and Manza have spacious cabins, but lack on quality. Fluidic is clearly a compromise on the rear seat. NFF is hardly spacious.
I think this will be the (almost) USP. Being spacious and hopefully high quality. On paper, it has the specs for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
1066kgs kerb-weight for a sedan!? Whoa. Now that's is feather weight.
IIRC, the Etios and Accent are well under 1000kgs. This may also mean a more Fuel Efficient car.
Poitive is offline  
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:10   #109
BHPian
 
designersf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 602
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
That - my friend - is utter rubbish by Nissan. Versa is even smaller than Sentra. I have driven the Sentra as a rental and it's good for 4 full size Indians - forget about 5 full size Americans in a Versa.
In that case, you mean to say that the BMW 5-Series, Merc E-Class and the SW Lexus LS also sport poor rear seat space?

If that is how it is, then why do the reviews by Autoblog and Car & Driver say that the new Versa is good for 5?

Check this out.

"In contrast to subcompacts like the Ford Fiesta, the Versa has been and continues to be a proud member of the EPA/SAE compact-sedan category, with 90 cubic feet of passenger room and a 14.8-cubic-foot trunk. The back seat is actually the focal point of the new edition, in large part because it offers chairlike seating for three and legroom topping—if not plushness remotely approaching—that found in the BMW 5-series, Mercedes-Benz E-class, and short-wheelbase Lexus LS."

Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
[/list]I think this will be the (almost) USP. Being spacious and hopefully high quality. On paper, it has the specs for it.



IIRC, the Etios and Accent are well under 1000kgs. This may also mean a more Fuel Efficient car.
But I'm not quite sure if the above were meant to satisfy tough crash-tests. This car, I believe is.

Last edited by designersf : 2nd August 2011 at 11:12.
designersf is offline  
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:32   #110
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,777
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
In that case, you mean to say that the BMW 5-Series, Merc E-Class and the SW Lexus LS also sport poor rear seat space?

If that is how it is, then why do the reviews by Autoblog and Car & Driver say that the new Versa is good for 5?

Check this out.

"In contrast to subcompacts like the Ford Fiesta, the Versa has been and continues to be a proud member of the EPA/SAE compact-sedan category, with 90 cubic feet of passenger room and a 14.8-cubic-foot trunk. The back seat is actually the focal point of the new edition, in large part because it offers chairlike seating for three and legroom topping—if not plushness remotely approaching—that found in the BMW 5-series, Mercedes-Benz E-class, and short-wheelbase Lexus LS."

Link



But I'm not quite sure if the above were meant to satisfy tough crash-tests. This car, I believe is.

I haven't had the fortune to adorn myself on the rear seat of the three mentioned cars - so cannot comment on the comparison.
But versa is and shall remain a subcompact which is smaller than Sentra. The current gen versa sedan is in fact is based on Nissan Micra.
blackasta is online now  
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:53   #111
BHPian
 
ranc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lost somewhere on the Leh Manali hway
Posts: 516
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

I have been in a Sentra, I would not rate it as very spacious, it is just about ok, I feel Manza is better then Sentra in that category.
ranc is offline  
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:01   #112
BHPian
 
designersf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 602
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I haven't had the fortune to adorn myself on the rear seat of the three mentioned cars - so cannot comment on the comparison.
But versa is and shall remain a subcompact which is smaller than Sentra. The current gen versa sedan is in fact is based on Nissan Micra.
Maybe based on the Micra but its wheelbase is 2601mm (Indigo Manza is 2520mm) while that of Micra is 2450mm. That's a 15cm increase over the Micra (and 8cm over the Manza). If we go by the figures, it sounds good but anyways let's wait for the real deal and see.

Last edited by designersf : 2nd August 2011 at 12:03.
designersf is offline  
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:12   #113
BHPian
 
puneetghai1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Meerut
Posts: 52
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Just received this picture from a close friend
Attached Images
 
puneetghai1978 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:06   #114
BHPian
 
Poitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 3rdRockFmTheSun
Posts: 850
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Maybe based on the Micra but its wheelbase is 2601mm (Indigo Manza is 2520mm) while that of Micra is 2450mm. That's a 15cm increase over the Micra (and 8cm over the Manza). If we go by the figures, it sounds good but anyways let's wait for the real deal and see.
One reason for the Manza to feel spacious is it's height - the tall-boy like design. Though I expect the Sunny to be fairly spacious, it is unlikely to feel more roomy than the Manza. The sloping roofline above the rear bench is an indicator.
Poitive is offline  
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:51   #115
BHPian
 
ashok_lat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 300
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yup, confirmed. The car will be unveiled on 3rd August 2011, that is day after tomorrow.
Any news from launch. Somehow i feel that this sedan is not creating the hype/interest it should create before launch. Don't know how it will be once the Car is launched.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 3rd August 2011 at 11:59.
ashok_lat is offline  
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:32   #116
BHPian
 
ashok_lat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 300
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Nissan sedan to be called Sunny. Nisan Sunny has been launched in India. Check the details from motoroids & motorbeam

Nissan

Nissan
ashok_lat is offline  
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:47   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,247
Thanked: 633 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Nissan sedan to be called Sunny. Nisan Sunny has been launched in India. Check the details from motoroids & motorbeam

Nissan

Nissan
It's not quite a launch. It's a showcase. The real launch will be later in a few months during the festive season. A bit like what Ford did with the Fiesta.

This car is longer, with a greater wheelbase, and wider than the City. The Sunny is supposed to have great rear leg room. With a frugal petrol engine, it may be a worthy successor to the NHC for those who are chauffeur driven.

Last edited by StarScream : 3rd August 2011 at 13:50.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:49   #118
e46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

aint "Sunny" pose model name registration confilicts (with that of Bajaj Sunny)?
e46 is offline  
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:34   #119
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
It's not quite a launch. It's a showcase. The real launch will be later in a few months during the festive season. A bit like what Ford did with the Fiesta.

This car is longer, with a greater wheelbase, and wider than the City. The Sunny is supposed to have great rear leg room. With a frugal petrol engine, it may be a worthy successor to the NHC for those who are chauffeur driven.
I so hope its not just a showcase but actual deliveries happen soon.

Nissan please don't do what Ford did.

Cheers
sahakar is offline  
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:14   #120
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: World
Posts: 773
Thanked: 320 Times
Default Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Mod Note : A Full Review of the Nissan Sunny has been uploaded at this link (Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review). Please continue the discussion on the review thread. This thread is closed.

Some pics. courtesy IAB :
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunnypictures4.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunnypictures6.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunnypictures7.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunnypictures8.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunnypictures9.jpg  


Last edited by GTO : 20th September 2011 at 18:04. Reason: Adding link to review
fz_rider is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop! 2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan caught testing S@ndy The International Automotive Scene 26 20th November 2013 03:29
Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15 sarthakgupta The Indian Car Scene 441 25th April 2013 12:26
SCOOP : Nissan V platform-based sedan sidindica The International Automotive Scene 26 3rd December 2010 18:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:33.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks