Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2011, 21:04   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
rajeev k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Emerging Metro
Posts: 3,306
Thanked: 1,730 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Looks like the rear bumper of the test mule got a bad hit already.

That rear chrome strip definitely looks every inch an unwanted attachment. Had it been on any other car would have qualified for the weird and wacky mod thread.
Same is the case with the Mahindra Verito also.

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th June 2011 at 21:06.
rajeev k is offline  
Old 4th June 2011, 21:23   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,520
Thanked: 732 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Being a Toyota--->bullet proof reliability is ensured. Engine could've been a 4 pot though. The design is what gets me confused here ? What were they trying to achieve a etios and fiat 500 put into one??
shashank.nk is offline  
Old 5th June 2011, 08:58   #93
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,193 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When I agree with you that this takes away the conventional "looks" of the car, its not ergonomically bad. When I TDed Vista which has a centre console, I found the visibility to be really good. I was so apprehensive of it till I did the TD. And I still remember that feature getting a lot of basing on the forum, majority from those who never even saw that in person.
Hey swiftnfurious, I took your advice and checked out the (Etios) interiors in person yesterday. You're right, after the initial shock wears out the ergs of a centrally mounted console are good, it's a matter of getting used to, tsall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Spotted this test car on PUNE-Bangalore highway.
Car looks good / spacious.
Nice pics KALINGA. That'sa neat colour too. Looks smaller than I expected somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post

That rear chrome strip definitely looks every inch an unwanted attachment. Had it been on any other car would have qualified for the weird and wacky mod thread.
Exactly! What is it with that thick strip of chrome? It makes the car look cheap and cheesy. Some market researcher found out that Indians love chrome and this is the result: looks like Iron Man threw up on the back of the car
noopster is offline  
Old 5th June 2011, 09:51   #94
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,491
Thanked: 4,106 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Being a Toyota--->bullet proof reliability is ensured. Engine could've been a 4 pot though. The design is what gets me confused here ? What were they trying to achieve a etios and fiat 500 put into one??
I believe the engine to be 4 pot one though. Not sure will check and reconfirm. Also heard that this is a downsized engine of the 1.5 litre version.
nkrishnap is offline  
Old 5th June 2011, 17:17   #95
BHPian
 
abhi413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 214
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

@Kalinga: Thanks for the pics.

Boy, am I glad the Liva doesn't wear shoddy black chunk of plastic as a substitute rear quarter glass. The Etios does, and it looks hideous on the car.

Just in case someone from Toyota is reading this post: Agreed, you cut costs here and there to serve a VFM product, but why advertise your cost cutting? An exposed plastic part sharing space with a car's external panels only ugly-fies the car. Period.
abhi413 is offline  
Old 5th June 2011, 19:08   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,520
Thanked: 732 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I believe the engine to be 4 pot one though. Not sure will check and reconfirm. Also heard that this is a downsized engine of the 1.5 litre version.

Autocar carries news about the 1.5 litre engine being launched later to spice things up. Someone on this thread has posted about the engine being a 4 cylinder unit apparently confirmed by OD Dec 10 issue. Will be good if someone can re-confirm it

Last edited by shashank.nk : 5th June 2011 at 19:11.
shashank.nk is offline  
Old 6th June 2011, 18:13   #97
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 525
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Autocar carries news about the 1.5 litre engine being launched later to spice things up. Someone on this thread has posted about the engine being a 4 cylinder unit apparently confirmed by OD Dec 10 issue. Will be good if someone can re-confirm it
Its confirmed by everyone in media that Etios Liva hatchback is coming with 1.2 litre, 4-cylinder DOHC Petrol engine only, which is actually a downsized version of 1.5l petrol engine of Etios sedan.
Both engines will be having a same basic architecture but will differ in their Bore & stroke sizes though.
Expect class leading FE figures of around 22-23kmpl(ARAI) for this Liva hatchback.
CRtorquefan is offline  
Old 6th June 2011, 19:31   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Also expect a very good power-to-weight ratio. Expected weight of the is around 850-900(just an estimation). For the sake of comparison--an i20 weighing around 1065 kgs also produces a power of 80bhp.
Me-hul is offline  
Old 6th June 2011, 20:58   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,520
Thanked: 732 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Its confirmed by everyone in media that Etios Liva hatchback is coming with 1.2 litre, 4-cylinder DOHC Petrol engine only, which is actually a downsized version of 1.5l petrol engine of Etios sedan.
Both engines will be having a same basic architecture but will differ in their Bore & stroke sizes though.
Expect class leading FE figures of around 22-23kmpl(ARAI) for this Liva hatchback.
Thanks for the confirmation CRtorquefan. Good to hear that Toyota hasn't gone the VW way and is giving us a 4 cylinder engine. Cant wait for the review's, if it really is ~900 kgs with 80 bhp it will be a rocket!
shashank.nk is offline  
Old 6th June 2011, 22:30   #100
BHPian
 
misquitas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Panjim
Posts: 859
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
Also expect a very good power-to-weight ratio. Expected weight of the is around 850-900(just an estimation). For the sake of comparison--an i20 weighing around 1065 kgs also produces a power of 80bhp.
If the expected weight of the Liva is about 850 kgs, then the power-to-weight ratio may be quite similar to the I10, which is 855 kgs and produces 80 bhp. But the estimated ARAI FE of 22-23 kmpl is indeed excellent for a petrol car and the Liva could well compete with the Nano as the most efficient petrol engine in the country.
misquitas is offline  
Old 6th June 2011, 22:39   #101
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,428 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
Also expect a very good power-to-weight ratio. Expected weight of the is around 850-900(just an estimation). For the sake of comparison--an i20 weighing around 1065 kgs also produces a power of 80bhp.
Etios weight just 930 kgs and has 90 PS power. So should we expect Liva at least 50 kgs lighter? Or more than that? And how much power is expected from the downsized power-plant ?
swiftnfurious is offline  
Old 7th June 2011, 01:07   #102
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 525
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And how much power is expected from the downsized power-plant ?
As per various reviews, Power from Etios Liva's 1.2l DOHC engine is expected to be in the region of 78-80PS only.
Like Etios sedan, its engine is also tuned more to provide the fuel efficiency than providing outright performance.
which is further going to be benefitted by the lower kerb weight of the car(~890kgs).
CRtorquefan is offline  
Old 7th June 2011, 09:00   #103
BHPian
 
joecherian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 548
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Today, on my way to office, could see atleast 5 brand new Livas parked inside the Mathan hotel (on the old airport road). There was one OB van of Bloomberg TV also infront of the hotel. Seems there is some demo for media ? ( or is it some soft launch) ?
joecherian is offline  
Old 7th June 2011, 09:54   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai/BLR/USA
Posts: 928
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Today, on my way to office, could see atleast 5 brand new Livas parked inside the Mathan hotel (on the old airport road). There was one OB van of Bloomberg TV also infront of the hotel. Seems there is some demo for media ? ( or is it some soft launch) ?
I think Toyota has invited some of the auto journalist for reviewing the Liva prior to the June 27th Launch.
tj123 is offline  
Old 7th June 2011, 16:49   #105
BHPian
 
Hero Puch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ballabhgarh
Posts: 32
Thanked: 27 Times
Default New Liva Launch 27th June

Guys, just spoke to one of the dealers and got this info. can anyone confirm this
Hero Puch is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore to Ladakh in a Maruti Ritz (27 May to 16th June 2011) droolingvoyager Travelogues 69 23rd July 2014 11:45
The Toyota Diesels (Etios / Liva / Altis) didn't shake the market, did they? jkdas The Indian Car Scene 122 22nd September 2012 18:27
The Longest Darkest Lunar Eclipse of this century - 16th June, 2011 gd1418 Shifting gears 26 20th June 2011 13:50
Top Gear Season 15 - Starts 27th June sajo The International Automotive Scene 144 17th December 2010 21:11
The Alfa Kilo challenge | 25th - 27th June | Followed by Mumbai/Rajmachi OTR motocamp 4x4 Excursions 284 26th May 2010 13:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks