Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: TRY being honest... How reliable are your posts?
Iíve driven all the vehicles I comment on 10 22.73%
Iíve driven almost 99% of the vehicles I comment on 6 13.64%
Iíve driven most of the vehicles I comment on 14 31.82%
Iíve driven a few vehicles I comment on 13 29.55%
Forget having driven the vehicles I comment on, I havenít even sat in most of the vehicles I comment on 0 0%
I havenít driven the vehicles I comment on, but have traveled in them for a considerable amount of time/ distance 1 2.27%
Whether driven or not, my comments biased 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st February 2006, 23:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

Well i've driven most of the vehicles but not all of them. You might read abt a car on the net and passing on the info thru the posts is ok as long as its not just crap.

We all comment on Mers, Beemers and so on...but actually how many of us have driven them?? But still a majority of them know abt the cars and can give us some real facts abt them even without having to drive one.
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 23:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Excellent topic Boom...pls lets not waste this thread and dont see any reason why this thread should be taken personal by anyone...

I have voted for 2nd point...I wont be putting myself down when I say I havent driven many c segment premium and above cars to comment on them hence Im confident I dont even have one claim made on that aspect on the forum. Secondly, I prefer to stick to the car I drive and the closest competetors...as I read a lot of tech stuff wrt to them. I learn a lot about the car I drive and whenever I make a claim on that Im sure most of us with a similar experience on approve with a nod. If there is someone with an opposing baseless claim I use my discretion to suffice their misconceptions...There are differences in opinions but the fact remains true no matter how many ever times one recites the otherway. Ego, preconcieved notions, personal vendetta and self derived conclusions are the root causes for discolouring the threads, lets curb that by will.

We all are Tbhpians, lets enrich the knowledge we procure here and share it with dignity.

Last edited by The Wolf : 1st February 2006 at 23:35.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 23:36   #48
BANNED

I only post comments on vehicles I've driven.

Having owned / driven the Maruti Omni for over 41000 km and the Indica for over 53000 km, I know what these two vehicles are capable of and what they deliver. The same applies to the KB 100 RTZ for over 27000 km and the KB125 RTZ for over 46000km. I admit to being biased towards these vehicles but wouldn't hesitate to point out the faults.

I'd like to ask members not to rubbish other cars simply because they are perceived as bad in the view of journalists or other forum members. Most people put down their hard earned money when buying a car and its not nice to see unjustified comments on some cars. I don't feel offended when my car(s) are rubbished but remember folks, there are lots who get offended and that does not look good for any forum.

I'd also like to ask the moderators to look a little more seriously at underage / illegal driving.

Last edited by hrag : 1st February 2006 at 23:40.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 23:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hehe, Binz, Viper didn't mean you...

I have driven most of the cars under the 12 lakh bracket, so I can comment on them with a little authority. North of the Octavia, it's all educated hearsay. But this I glean from more experienced people, like journos, GTO, Rtech, Psycho...well you get the picture.

I don't see why you guys take stuff so personally. Yes, I LOVE MY BALENO, but the Vtec is quicker, and it IS a beautiful car. Your kid may not be as smart, doesn't mean you don't love it. Also doesn't mean you insult the neighbour's kid to look good yourself.

Rtech is right, you learn whose posts to trust, whose to ignore, and whose to ponder over...
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 01:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Ok after reading the long thread I'll get back to the original topic.

I have driven most of the cars available off the shelf in our markets and I generally comment on the ones driven only. However at the same time I do voice my opinion on a certain car after getting feedback from another person who has driven a car which I havent. Of course I take feedback only from a person whose knowledge and experience I trust

Voicing opinions on cars isnt just about the test drive, its about the whole car as a package one can pass genuine comments even after just experiencing the car. Eg : I have driven many cars but I only know how it feels to drive them, not how it feels travelling in them in the rear seat.

Overall I vote for option 3.

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd February 2006 at 01:12.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 01:21   #51
BHPian

Oops seems like i am late in the party(i was bloody posting on the Skoda thread) unknowingly, as i didnt read some of these last reviews .. . Anyway ,i 've voted for 99% cos as far as my memory goes(its preety weak though) ,i 've always been suggesting/commenting on the cars i 've owned or driven(except a case or two) cos i 've always considered myself as a very small fish(compared to other bhpians) over here in this big ocean . But , i would like to add that i dont care whether my posts seem reliable to others or not ..whatever i feel ,taste and experience i share that .

Last edited by Beemer : 2nd February 2006 at 01:39.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 02:21   #52
BHPian

Oops ,i forgot to add that mostly i discuss or argue(to learn more) on a car which i 've owned for quite sometime and i am sorry to say but i
find some people who dont know much of that particular car ,start arguing for no rhyme or reason .. I mean how could they go so further without having experienced the things themselves .. I think its better they(including me) should own the car first before coming up with their statements/reports or else believe or ignore(whatever) what others 've to say ...
let me clearly mention "No offence to anyone" .

mods - sorry for going a lil OT .
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 02:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Ahhh I stay away for most of the day and miss out on some action.

This time though, I'm glad I missed out. The original intention of this thread has been lost in the personal wars thereafter.

I'll pass.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 05:07   #54
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Well i've driven most of the vehicles but not all of them. You might read abt a car on the net and passing on the info thru the posts is ok as long as its not just crap.

We all comment on Mers, Beemers and so on...but actually how many of us have driven them?? But still a majority of them know abt the cars and can give us some real facts abt them even without having to drive one.
true true true ...absolutely many of the screamers v talk about have not been driven bt nt necessarily dont know about them..u dont have to drive those machines to know about them..
ambylimo is offline   Reply With Quote