Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 11th June 2011, 00:10   #1
BHPian

Default Tata Nano drive campaign

Tata in order to improve the sales of the NANO is trying everything. In Chhattisgarh they have organised a drive campaign here's a video of their attempt. Please find an appropriate place for this thread.

jasmeetsingh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 00:19   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Nano drive campaign

Nice attempt by Tata. However, in light of Jasmeet's post in the "Accidents in India" thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2386952) where a silver-grey Nano is carelessly driven into a drain, I just hope that the publicity doesn't get blemished.

At the 21st second of the video, there is a van with yellow plates that pass by in the direction opposite to the Nanos. What van is that? Doesn't look like am Eeco to me.
Gooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 00:57   #3
BHPian

Nice attempt. And I seriously hope Nano achieves the sales that it deserves. Isn't this part of the Tata Nano Star drive event conducted all over India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
Nice attempt by Tata. However, in light of Jasmeet's post in the "Accidents in India" thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2386952) where a silver-grey Nano is carelessly driven into a drain, I just hope that the publicity doesn't get blemished.

At the 21st second of the video, there is a van with yellow plates that pass by in the direction opposite to the Nanos. What van is that? Doesn't look like am Eeco to me.
Correct me if I am wrong, I think that van is a Tata Venture.
freakmuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 01:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:

That is venture. A Tata Product.
akhilesh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 10:05   #5
BHPian

It was nice to see so many tata nanos marching. Nano has modern look and a nano parade is eye refreshing. Thanks for the video.
ottocycle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 11:03   #6
BHPian

Ah! Thanks akhilesh, freakmuzik The thought of the Venture did not even cross my mind. Haven't seen one on the roads here in Gurgaon.

Anyhow, if its a venture than the video is dominated my Tata vehicles alone Does CG have an unusually high share of Tata vehicles?

Last edited by Gooney : 11th June 2011 at 11:07.
Old 11th June 2011, 11:03   #7
BHPian

Lovely 47 Nano in one drive.. Nice...

Seems like Gold, Silver, White, Red and Yellow are the only colours with a huge percentage are GSW... few red and fewer yellow.
rajchetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 14:11   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

So many bugs going in a line ! Such a beautiful scene. TATA is doing a good job, wish them all the best.

Yellow comes in on the top end alone, probably that's why we see lesser numbers in that color.

Thanks for the video too.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 14:20   #9
BHPian

The venture going in the opposite direction is really a nice product . If one keeps aside it s boxy looks it is a great people mover. Does anybody know more about it's engine specs tyre size transmission or suspension setup or have I misssed it somewhere around?
m-hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 14:47   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
The venture going in the opposite direction is really a nice product . If one keeps aside it s boxy looks it is a great people mover. Does anybody know more about it's engine specs tyre size transmission or suspension setup or have I misssed it somewhere around?
The engine is the same Vista 1.4 turbo diesel, mated to a 5 speed gearbox.
Old 11th June 2011, 14:59   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Ah! Thanks akhilesh, freakmuzik The thought of the Venture did not even cross my mind. Haven't seen one on the roads here in Gurgaon.

Anyhow, if its a venture than the video is dominated my Tata vehicles alone Does CG have an unusually high share of Tata vehicles?
No Tata dont have a unsually high share, The video was shot by me on the NH 6 and there's a Tata showroom not more than 100 mtrs ahead.
How about the video quality i took it from my mob cam.
jasmeetsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 15:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
No Tata dont have a unsually high share, The video was shot by me on the NH 6 and there's a Tata showroom not more than 100 mtrs ahead.
How about the video quality i took it from my mob cam.
Okay, that explains the lorries in the video too. As for the video quality, I must say it is indeed good for a mobile phone camera.
Old 11th June 2011, 18:34   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
Does anybody know more about it's engine specs tyre size transmission or suspension setup or have I misssed it somewhere around?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...est-drive.html (Tata Venture - Test Drive)

I think the above link covers everything.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 13:37   #14
BHPian

Smile Re: Tata Nano drive campaign

Quote:
That is the TATA Venture, a 7/8 seater MPV launched by TATA in Rajasthan and few other states.
lifebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote