Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th June 2011, 09:35   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default DSK Supinfocom students (Pune) enter final round in "Ferrari World Design Contest"

DSK Supinfocom students (Pune) enter final round in "Ferrari World Design Contest"-comunic1.jpg

DSK Supinfocom students (Pune) enter final round in "Ferrari World Design Contest"-world-design-contest-2011-02_lr.jpg

High Points

- The first part of the "Ferrari World Design Contest" selection process has been concluded. The Contest has been launched in collaboration with Autodesk, Ferrari’s technical partner, for 50 international design schools. The seven finalist schools, with students from all over the world, will provide inputs in planning the Ferrari of the future.

- The 7 finalists are : DSK Supinfocom Pune (India), IED from Turin (Italy), the London Royal College of Arts (UK), the European Design Institute Barcelona (Spain), Seoul’s Hong-ik College (Korea) and the College For Creative Studies in Detroit (USA).

- In this second part of the competition, the finalists will be involved in the creation of three models that every school has to present: in 3D Autodesk ® Alias and as a physical model in a scale of 1:4. The contest’s goal is to develop the Ferrari of the future, a pure hypercar, using technologies and materials of the latest generation.

- The 200+ projects thus far, which arrived at Maranello, underlined focus towards lowering consumption, combined with alternative powertrains, mainly focused on hybrids. The design goes both ways: geometric or tortuous, with organic forms created by the students. The jury, under the presidency of Luca di Montezemolo, decided unanimously to raise the number of finalists to seven, compared to six schools scheduled for the contest’s final stage.

- The winners, with the results announced in July, will win an internship at Ferrari, and cash prizes.

Here's wishing good luck to the lads at DSK! Go get that internship at Maranello.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 11:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: DSK Supinfocom students (Pune) enter final round in "Ferrari World Design Contest

Thats a lovely initiative that has been taken up! If the DSK chaps do make it (hoping that they do), it would be an opportunity of a lifetime. How many can boast an internship at Maranello?

All the best to the DSK guys. Go make us proud!

P.S: Any BHPians in this program?
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 11:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: DSK Supinfocom students (Pune) enter final round in "Ferrari World Design Contest

Best of luck to DSK guys. I wish and pray that they come on top.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 16:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Wishing you all the Best DSK guys. You have already achieved a great milestone by being amongst the finalists. Hope you win it and do India and Pune proud.

Should be a good push to start the outsourcing of auto design to India? I am sorry, but i am not aware if this is already happening.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 16:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: DSK Supinfocom students (Pune) enter final round in "Ferrari World Design Contest

All the best DSK guys, you can do it. It feels great that a Pune institute is amongs the top Art schools.

I just hope some one from the DSK is a T-BHP member so that we could updates on the competetion.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 17:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

- The 7 finalists are : DSK Supinfocom Pune (India), IED from Turin (Italy), the London Royal College of Arts (UK), the European Design Institute Barcelona (Spain), Seoul’s Hong-ik College (Korea) and the College For Creative Studies in Detroit (USA).
This is not an underestimation, but I believe that being shortlisted into 7 finalists itself is a big deal for an Indian Design Institute, specially when its a new kid on the design block like DSK Supinfocom.
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 18:05   #7
BHPian

Wow. Great news.
All the best guys. Go and get that internship with Ferrari !!
erohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 22:15   #8
BHPian

The rear end of the design looks very beautiful, one of the best i have ever seen if it makes to the production. Great Achievement for DSK.
jasmeetsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 07:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
The rear end of the design looks very beautiful, one of the best i have ever seen if it makes to the production.
I think the pictures posted by GTO are only the brochure scans and not the designs made by DSK team. GTO correct me if i am wrong.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 10:59   #10
BHPian

Best of luck DSK lads, make us proud and put Indian design talent on International map
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 12:12   #11
BHPian

Exclamation Re: DSK Supinfocom students (Pune) enter final round in "Ferrari World Design Contest

Haha I was so exited on hearing the news that I posted this today before realizing this thread.

In any case I am really happy for DSK. I hope that they can churn out something awesome. This is an opportunity that should not be squandered.

Good Luck Chaps!!
crazycardude198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 23:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Winners announced! Sadly, DSK didn't make it.

Ferrari World Design Contest 2011

The winning design by Korean Students -

Name:  ferrari_ns_720112_717.jpg
Views: 5115
Size:  69.6 KB
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 01:24   #13
BHPian

Exclamation DSK Pune Ferrari Design Proposals

So looks like DSK didnt win. Still I have to say that the concepts are quite smashing!!
Although I am dismayed that there was not any Indian participation in the team but still goes to show that the college can produce quality stuff.

What do you guys think?

I say
Attached Thumbnails
DSK Supinfocom students (Pune) enter final round in "Ferrari World Design Contest"-dsk.jpg  

DSK Supinfocom students (Pune) enter final round in "Ferrari World Design Contest"-460605f750.jpg  

DSK Supinfocom students (Pune) enter final round in "Ferrari World Design Contest"-460608flusso.jpg  

crazycardude198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 06:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: DSK Pune Ferrari Design Proposals

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycardude198 View Post
So looks like DSK didnt win. Still I have to say that the concepts are quite smashing!!
Although I am dismayed that there was not any Indian participation in the team but still goes to show that the college can produce quality stuff.

What do you guys think?

I say
The designs are cool. I did not know that the team entirely consisted of French members. That is sad.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 14:19   #15
BHPian

In fairness the bike that was shown at the auto-expo was done entirely by Indian students. My guess was that since the school was only 3 yrs old in Pune, it would make more sense for final year students from France to do it on DSK's behalf. I am guessing once we see the latest batch of grads in 2012 we will get a sense of what can be accomplished.
crazycardude198 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote