Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 15:43   #376
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 556
Thanked: 180 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

I just spoke to Magnum Honda. They said they will give 15000 cash discount since I am going via Orix the leasing company, and first year insurance of 25000 will also be provided as free. Need to check with orix as they have their own insurance plan.

The OTR price was in the range of 11.4L for ANHC AT without leather seats.
prabhuferrari is offline  
Old 18th July 2011, 17:54   #377
BHPian
 
wingsoffires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 47
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn

I'm unable to PM you. Please PM me the price you are getting and which dealer. Which model are you planning to go for. I'm confused between SMT and VMT.

Yes we can sure get together and negotiate more with the dealer if possible.
Me too not able to pm you. I'll give you the details. Here is my email id signstone@gmail.com . Plz send me ur number or send me a mail.
wingsoffires is offline  
Old 19th July 2011, 11:35   #378
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I just spoke to Magnum Honda. They said they will give 15000 cash discount since I am going via Orix the leasing company, and first year insurance of 25000 will also be provided as free. Need to check with orix as they have their own insurance plan.

The OTR price was in the range of 11.4L for ANHC AT without leather seats.
Bangalore road taxes are indeed high. Our OTR price for the leather equipped exclusive variant came to 11.2L Pune.
mdsaab is offline  
Old 19th July 2011, 15:07   #379
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Just got a call from the dealership.. On road ANHC AT without leather is now 11L Mumbai with 50k off.. Also ready to discuss further reduction once I go to the showroom.

Base version has been discontinued and out of stock.

Cheers
sahakar is offline  
Old 19th July 2011, 15:41   #380
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,803
Thanked: 1,349 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Just got a call from the dealership.. On road ANHC AT without leather is now 11L Mumbai with 50k off.. Also ready to discuss further reduction once I go to the showroom.

Base version has been discontinued and out of stock.

Cheers
Which base version are you referring to? Do you mean E-MT has been discontinued?
ajay_satpute is offline  
Old 19th July 2011, 15:48   #381
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Which base version are you referring to? Do you mean E-MT has been discontinued?
Yup that's what he said that EMT is out of stock and discontinued. Looks like City clearance is also on.

A face lifted version maybe on the way soon and EMT will come back then.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 16:02   #382
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 556
Thanked: 180 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Yup that's what he said that EMT is out of stock and discontinued. Looks like City clearance is also on.

A face lifted version maybe on the way soon and EMT will come back then.

Cheers
This is interesting. I am also looking at a ANHC AT and if a new version is going to be launched soon, then its better to wait. Any idea when that will be?
prabhuferrari is offline  
Old 19th July 2011, 16:07   #383
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
This is interesting. I am also looking at a ANHC AT and if a new version is going to be launched soon, then its better to wait. Any idea when that will be?
Everybody is speculating it around September but it would be a minor facelift aka bluetooth, ACC, reverse sensors, etc. New City is sometime next year.

I too am contemplating the AT but after doing a test drive didn't really enjoy it. Especially since driving an Avalon for 3 years maybe my mind started comparing. Do both the test drives manual and AT before you decide.

Cheers
sahakar is offline  
Old 19th July 2011, 16:11   #384
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 556
Thanked: 180 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

I did the AT test drive last Sunday. Since I am driving an esteem now I enjoyed the AT even more. Main reason am looking at AT is for a very comfortable city drive and jerk free travel These minor facelift features interests me a lot. Need to check with my Sales guy in Bangalore to see if he has any clue. September is not too far away.

Edit: I spoke to Magnum Honda. Just quoting him verbatim. Not making any judgement.

He said EMT is available in Bangalore and is not out of stock. No new model/face lift is going to be launched in September. He says they are spending lots of time in Brio which will be launched in September and that's why Jazz production has also taken a backseat. He said Honda will bring a new model only when it has completed 5 years and not before that. All these promotions are to make Honda cars attractive for buyers who might go for a diesel car as the petrol prices are increasing. So it has more to do with petrol price than an inventory clearance.

Last edited by prabhuferrari : 19th July 2011 at 16:20. Reason: More Information
prabhuferrari is offline  
Old 19th July 2011, 17:22   #385
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari
I did the AT test drive last Sunday. Since I am driving an esteem now I enjoyed the AT even more. Main reason am looking at AT is for a very comfortable city drive and jerk free travel These minor facelift features interests me a lot. Need to check with my Sales guy in Bangalore to see if he has any clue. September is not too far away.

Edit: I spoke to Magnum Honda. Just quoting him verbatim. Not making any judgement.

He said EMT is available in Bangalore and is not out of stock. No new model/face lift is going to be launched in September. He says they are spending lots of time in Brio which will be launched in September and that's why Jazz production has also taken a backseat. He said Honda will bring a new model only when it has completed 5 years and not before that. All these promotions are to make Honda cars attractive for buyers who might go for a diesel car as the petrol prices are increasing. So it has more to do with petrol price than an inventory clearance.
If the extra features interest you a lot.
Here is my take if you want the car right away.
Go for the E MT since it is availale in your city.
And then do it up.
This car has no media player.
So you can put in a touch screen. Or take it a notch further with a caska that includes gps too.
Custom choice alloys too.
Basically you can do her up the way you wish.
But for all this, you would have to sacrifice the AT though.
mdsaab is offline  
Old 19th July 2011, 18:02   #386
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 156
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

I had a offer (on phone) from Magnum Honda Bangalore EMT which is 40K off on the ex-showroom price + free sun film + reverse parking sensors .

i am planning to upgarde the tyres, which are the preferred one to increase the stability at high speeds but would not decrease the ground clearance.
siddutta is offline  
Old 19th July 2011, 18:11   #387
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 569
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
i am planning to upgarde the tyres, which are the preferred one to increase the stability at high speeds but would not decrease the ground clearance.
I would highly recommend Michellin Primacy LC 195/60 R15 .
Its a worthy Upgrade size which infact increases the ground clearence by 3.3 mm to be exact without much change in the speedo meter specs.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 19th July 2011 at 18:13.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 18:31   #388
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 156
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
LC 195/60 R15 .
Its a worthy Upgrade size ...
I think it cost rs 5000 approx per piece and i should get around rs 2000 for the stock tyres.
thanks a lot buddy
siddutta is offline  
Old 19th July 2011, 18:43   #389
Senior - BHPian
 
asr245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,135
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
I would highly recommend Michellin Primacy LC 195/60 R15 .
Its a worthy Upgrade size which infact increases the ground clearence by 3.3 mm to be exact without much change in the speedo meter specs.


I got the same for my EMT at about 4200/piece from Delhi. Apart from what Remington mentioned it definitely boosts the car profile (as in looks much better).
asr245 is offline  
Old 19th July 2011, 19:07   #390
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,963
Thanked: 2,211 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Everybody is speculating it around September but it would be a minor facelift aka bluetooth, ACC, reverse sensors, etc. New City is sometime next year.
The complete revamp will be sometime in late 2013 or early 2014 and not before that. Though there can be cosmetic changes just to freshen up the car till it gets a diesel mill for next gen.
bluevolt is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000 //M Superbikes & Imports 37 9th January 2017 13:40
Piaggio slashes Vespa price by Rs. 6.5 - 7k sam.666 Motorbikes 16 19th March 2013 14:00
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56 swiftnfurious The Indian Car Scene 1441 17th September 2011 15:03
Hyundai slashes prices by Rs.33,000 varun.ppl The Indian Car Scene 18 5th December 2008 22:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks