Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 21:29   #481
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,363
Thanked: 28,235 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
Hey Raven, doesn't it already support USB drives? From the web site - it looks like it supports iPods, USB Drives and Aux.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Just visited the Honda website to clarify the USB connectivity.

"The Advanced Integrated Audio System is the world‘s first car audio exclusive to digital media. This advanced Audio system offers consumers the liberty to integrate with any of the newer technologies like iPOD, MP3player, USB Memory, cell phone with MP3 Player."

Kindly read my post again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The changes will be purely cosmetic (revised headlamps/taillamps/front grille), with a few interior features added I think (such as a proper USB, two-tone interior colors, etc.). The engine specs and the suspension will remain the same.

You won't miss on much if you get one now. I suggest going for the V variant, if you finalise your decision.
A proper USB port on the HU itself.

Nowadays when USB ports have become so cheap, it makes sense for Honda to provide it separately.

Just like it should bring in the ACC. Sorely missed in an 8-lakh rupee car.
RavenAvi is offline  
Old 28th July 2011, 21:30   #482
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Replies in bold. Thanks for your advise.
If you can wait and the purchase decision is not urgent. Then i suggest you do wait. Better to get the refreshed model.
If you can't wait. The discounts are mouth watering. Jump in now and join the City bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
mdsaab,

I am trying to negotiate the following accessories with my SA for the S-MT. Is there anything else more which i can ask for. Do you have a pricelist of the honda accessories?

1. Artificial leather Seat covers
2. 3M Sunflim - Side and Read
3. Side step garnish ( Front & Rear )
4. Parking sensors
5. Body Cover
6. Cushions
7. Mud Guard
8. Side Protector
9. Bumper Protector
10. 3D Mats
Sunfilm for the front windscreen too
Ducktail spoiler if you like it.
My SA said that the bumper/ side protector spoils the look of the car. Anyone feels so?

And which 3M film should i go for? Is RE50 the better one ?

And has anyone got the parking sensors fitted from Honda, what make is the unit?

Thanks
Maybe the bumper protectors. but if you want them then the Honda OEM ones suit the car best. Side protectors i feel do look nice. Give a little muscle to the shoulder area. You can check out how it looks on my ANHC thread. Honda has us hooked! so ANHC Booked!
I am the worst person to ask for sunfilm. Have never put them on any of my cars. Others please help.
The Parking sensors shown to me by our sales rep were not Honda brand. I forgot the brand name. But remember they were shaped like an igloo. The Igloo one only shows the distance in numbers.
While the other one, which looked more like a tamagochi toy shape. Had a car visual. With bar indicators for every sensor, as well as numerical distance readouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
^^ Yes it supports USB.
I currently have the 8GB USB drive loaded and have been playing it happily ever since
Me too. Have a 8GB USB stick plugged in and it works like a gem. I feel even a small HDD can be plugged in. Maybe you would have to only keep music on the whole HDD. Anyone have a new or formatted one can try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Of course the head-unit supports USB.
I just got my city 4 days back and have been enjoying my pen drive usb playbacks since. Although CD player is not part of the standard head-unit. If you need a cd player that can be installed at an additional cost of 13k from Honda showrooms.
Its another thing that who would want to install a cd player these days. While launching the present model of city in 2008 , Honda was somewhat criticized for not including the cd player.
It appears they were right in going away with it even in 2008.
I might say that they saw the future and only included the usb/aux unit.
Bang on! If you do opt for the the CD player. Then it gets installed behind the current flip screen. And the USB and Aux ports move down to behind the cup holders. and this cubby hole though deeper inside not being covered. Does look Tacky, especially with all the wires hanging around when you plug in your devices.
mdsaab is offline  
Old 28th July 2011, 22:20   #483
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

The Bombay dealers are not budging on the accessories. Just sun film and mats. There's no way I am getting the City if they do not match alam's offer. I guess would rather wait for the new city or nissan versa aka sunny.

Cheers
sahakar is offline  
Old 29th July 2011, 08:33   #484
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Bang on! If you do opt for the the CD player. Then it gets installed behind the current flip screen. And the USB and Aux ports move down to behind the cup holders. and this cubby hole though deeper inside not being covered. Does look Tacky, especially with all the wires hanging around when you plug in your devices.
+1. One of the best features i love about City is throwing out an ancient CD player - having having that space open - the devices remain hidden, and the whole solution looks elegant. CD Player is so 1990s - Oh, why we don't have a record player then.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 29th July 2011 at 08:35.
SkyWalker is offline  
Old 29th July 2011, 08:41   #485
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Of course the head-unit supports USB.
I just got my city 4 days back and have been enjoying my pen drive usb playbacks since. Although CD player is not part of the standard head-unit. If you need a cd player that can be installed at an additional cost of 13k from Honda showrooms.
Its another thing that who would want to install a cd player these days. While launching the present model of city in 2008 , Honda was somewhat criticized for not including the cd player.
It appears they were right in going away with it even in 2008.
I might say that they saw the future and only included the usb/aux unit.
OT, I think its a move in the right direction. Apple is following the same lines and have started omitting disc players in now and future launches (Updated Mac Mini was launched without the dvd player). Well, andaz apna apna.
_raVan_ is offline  
Old 29th July 2011, 11:26   #486
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
+1. One of the best features i love about City is throwing out an ancient CD player - having having that space open - the devices remain hidden, and the whole solution looks elegant. CD Player is so 1990s - Oh, why we don't have a record player then.
NHC I bought in 2003 came with a cassette player
Guna is offline  
Old 29th July 2011, 11:32   #487
BHPian
 
arup.misra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 651
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
The Bombay dealers are not budging on the accessories. Just sun film and mats. There's no way I am getting the City if they do not match alam's offer. I guess would rather wait for the new city or nissan versa aka sunny.

Cheers

Agree with you. I am bargaining for side / bumper protectors, body cover, mats, reverse sensors. Any luck with yours?
arup.misra is offline  
Old 29th July 2011, 13:27   #488
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Agree with you. I am bargaining for side / bumper protectors, body cover, mats, reverse sensors. Any luck with yours?
Nope no luck at all. I think we should go to Pune and buy

I am now contemplating taking the City out of my shortlist. I dont see any point bargaining if they cannot match the Pune offers.

I am hoping August is when Nissan Versa would be available. Would give me one more option.

Cheers
sahakar is offline  
Old 29th July 2011, 15:34   #489
BHPian
 
kap04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 159
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
If you can wait and the purchase decision is not urgent. Then i suggest you do wait. Better to get the refreshed model.
If you can't wait. The discounts are mouth watering. Jump in now and join the City bandwagon.


Maybe the bumper protectors. but if you want them then the Honda OEM ones suit the car best. Side protectors i feel do look nice. Give a little muscle to the shoulder area. You can check out how it looks on my ANHC thread. Honda has us hooked! so ANHC Booked!
I am the worst person to ask for sunfilm. Have never put them on any of my cars. Others please help.
The Parking sensors shown to me by our sales rep were not Honda brand. I forgot the brand name. But remember they were shaped like an igloo. The Igloo one only shows the distance in numbers.
While the other one, which looked more like a tamagochi toy shape. Had a car visual. With bar indicators for every sensor, as well as numerical distance readouts.

Me too. Have a 8GB USB stick plugged in and it works like a gem. I feel even a small HDD can be plugged in. Maybe you would have to only keep music on the whole HDD. Anyone have a new or formatted one can try.

Bang on! If you do opt for the the CD player. Then it gets installed behind the current flip screen. And the USB and Aux ports move down to behind the cup holders. and this cubby hole though deeper inside not being covered. Does look Tacky, especially with all the wires hanging around when you plug in your devices.
mdsaab, had a look at the pics posted by you, the side protectors really look good.

Ive decided not to go for bumper protectors, as i didnt like that touch of chrome on it. Will ask the SA for something else to replace it

Even im being offered Llumar sunfilm , he said i can choose any frrom 3 versions they have.

The reverse sensors being given by Honda are a make called Circuit-I or so , if anyone have them fitted, let me know if they are worth going for. I saw one of the cars fitted with this unit in the showroom, the sensors are black in color and they look prominent on the bumper if you are not choosing a black car.

So i am waiting for the final prices from two dealers . Right now , what they have agreed is 50k cash discount and accessories like seat covers, side step garnish, reverse sensor, sun film , rubber mats ,side protector & body cover. I am trying hard for another 20k cash discount
kap04 is online now  
Old 29th July 2011, 18:17   #490
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
mdsaab, had a look at the pics posted by you, the side protectors really look good.

Ive decided not to go for bumper protectors, as i didnt like that touch of chrome on it. Will ask the SA for something else to replace it

Even im being offered Llumar sunfilm , he said i can choose any frrom 3 versions they have.

The reverse sensors being given by Honda are a make called Circuit-I or so , if anyone have them fitted, let me know if they are worth going for. I saw one of the cars fitted with this unit in the showroom, the sensors are black in color and they look prominent on the bumper if you are not choosing a black car.

So i am waiting for the final prices from two dealers . Right now , what they have agreed is 50k cash discount and accessories like seat covers, side step garnish, reverse sensor, sun film , rubber mats ,side protector & body cover. I am trying hard for another 20k cash discount
Thanks, yes it looks good too, and has a nice protective purpose too.
regarding the bumper protectors i think it's a wise choice. Did not like them much myself.
it's great that the sunfilm choice is left with you, please make sure that they install the one approved by you.
The sensors my sales rep showed me, will be colour matched with your vehicle colour. Black ones on a non black car will not look very nice.
50 + 20K discount is now standard of sorts in Pune.
But folks from Bangalore and Mumbai have not been able to get the same.
But glad that you got 50K confirmed, with accessories of your choice.
Sounds like a good deal so far.
mdsaab is offline  
Old 30th July 2011, 01:16   #491
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 55
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Ive decided not to go for bumper protectors, as i didnt like that touch of chrome on it. Will ask the SA for something else to replace it

Even im being offered Llumar sunfilm , he said i can choose any frrom 3 versions they have.

The reverse sensors being given by Honda are a make called Circuit-I or so , if anyone have them fitted, let me know if they are worth going for. I saw one of the cars fitted with this unit in the showroom, the sensors are black in color and they look prominent on the bumper if you are not choosing a black car.

So i am waiting for the final prices from two dealers . Right now , what they have agreed is 50k cash discount and accessories like seat covers, side step garnish, reverse sensor, sun film , rubber mats ,side protector & body cover. I am trying hard for another 20k cash discount
Like mdsaab said, the reverse sensors will be painted to match the color of your car. Our Sales Rep said that even the side protectors come in black by default and are painted to match your car's color.

Its great that your dealer is letting you choose the the model of the sun film. It sure helps with the confidence you have about the accessories you'll get.
alam86 is offline  
Old 30th July 2011, 08:31   #492
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
Like mdsaab said, the reverse sensors will be painted to match the color of your car. Our Sales Rep said that even the side protectors come in black by default and are painted to match your car's color.

Its great that your dealer is letting you choose the the model of the sun film. It sure helps with the confidence you have about the accessories you'll get.
Correcto! the door side protectors come in black by default. and so does the ducktail spoiler too. They are then painted to match your car colour. You can ofcourse also opt that they not be painted. Should reduce the cost of purchase too.
mdsaab is offline  
Old 30th July 2011, 19:57   #493
BHPian
 
kap04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 159
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Correcto! the door side protectors come in black by default. and so does the ducktail spoiler too. They are then painted to match your car colour. You can ofcourse also opt that they not be painted. Should reduce the cost of purchase too.
I had inquired with the SA about the reverse sensor color to match with the rear bumper. The brand they are having is one called Red Soul reverse sensors, and they don't paint them to match with the body color as some customers had did so and they faced loss of sensitivity with the sensors after getting it painted. The OE sensors used to be available with the body color earlier, but now they don't come for City, comes only for Civic nowadays, it seems.

Anyway, this Red Soul stuff hasn't impressed me, so i might not go for this and ruin my bumper with those black spots on it.
kap04 is online now  
Old 30th July 2011, 21:57   #494
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I had inquired with the SA about the reverse sensor color to match with the rear bumper. The brand they are having is one called Red Soul reverse sensors, and they don't paint them to match with the body color as some customers had did so and they faced loss of sensitivity with the sensors after getting it painted. The OE sensors used to be available with the body color earlier, but now they don't come for City, comes only for Civic nowadays, it seems.

Anyway, this Red Soul stuff hasn't impressed me, so i might not go for this and ruin my bumper with those black spots on it.
Please do not go for those sensors. Infact if possible don't go for any.
You will very quickly learn to judge the distance when you reverse.
If you are having a tough time, do what i do.
Open the door and get a better look while backing up. (Not possible at times)
And in extreme cases, i get out of the car. take a look at the distance. and then make a mental calculation, and back up without any issues.
But most of the times i am spot on with the calculations without having to open the door or get out. It only takes a few days to get used to it.
Trust me!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 22:35   #495
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,429 Times
Default Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Agree with you. I am bargaining for side / bumper protectors, body cover, mats, reverse sensors. Any luck with yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Nope no luck at all. I think we should go to Pune and buy
How long is Pune for you guys? If its not much & if I really wanted this car, I would have gone to Pune and bought it ! I would take a temporary registration in Pune, bring it to my native & get the permanent reg done [All these only if the freebies are worth this extra pains]. And if there are more cars taken in one shot, you always have a higher chance to extract more freebies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
and so does the ducktail spoiler too.
Was thinking what is this ! Found out from your thread that you were referring to the "lip spoiler" itself. Is this called duck spoiler in HONDA terms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
...as some customers had did so and they faced loss of sensitivity with the sensors after getting it painted. The OE sensors used to be available with the body color earlier, but now they don't come for City, comes only for Civic nowadays, it seems.
The first part is correct, some times re-painting it can cause those issues. Now what does he mean by saying that for Civic it comes in body color and for City it doesn't ? Arent the button type sensors used the same for all cars? Or are they different? Why dont you try calling the Red Souls guys directly and check with them about the availability of colored ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Please do not go for those sensors. Infact if possible don't go for any.
These are all those stuffs which makes life easier. The best option here is if you could get a camera one. This will help you a lot. But the downside is once you start using, it will be difficult to reverse without one. But I would rather spend couple of thousands on a parking sensor than frown later if something goes wrong, and also end up paying for the fixes !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Ive decided not to go for bumper protectors, as i didnt like that touch of chrome on it.
I actually like those with a strip of Chrome in it ! I always felt that the chrome adds a bit of elegance to the car than the plain ones. I was bowled over seeing those in Manza pics ! Truly a class above & apart. But again its personal choice. Which color is yours? The chrome bit will look beautiful on dark / hard colors [White too].

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th July 2011 at 22:41.
swiftnfurious is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000 //M Superbikes & Imports 37 9th January 2017 13:40
Piaggio slashes Vespa price by Rs. 6.5 - 7k sam.666 Motorbikes 16 19th March 2013 14:00
Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56 swiftnfurious The Indian Car Scene 1441 17th September 2011 15:03
Hyundai slashes prices by Rs.33,000 varun.ppl The Indian Car Scene 18 5th December 2008 22:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:52.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks