Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd June 2011, 18:10   #16
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Buying a Car from Dealer X and Servicing from Dealer Y. Is it Worth?

Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
What about warranty claims?

1. I believe manufacturers share detail about any within warranty replacements with Selling Dealer. How does the warranty claims work in such a case?

2. While running the vehicle, if some of the parts malfunction and are covered under warranty. There would be a room for interpretation and discretion for dealers to settle such claims. Won't you get a better warranty claim service from the dealer that sold the car to you than the other one?
1) I don't think dealers across a manufacture have a shared database of vehicles sold/serviced. If you get your car serviced from say dealer X who has multiple branches, then the records are available with every branch. But, I don't think dealer Y has those details. Warranty issues are dealt by the A.S.S. with Honda.

2) Again, it doesn't matter.

Buy the car from who you wish, get it serviced wherever you wish. Don't think about it too much!
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote