Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 9th August 2011, 18:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The New 2011 Audi A6. EDIT : Launch on 3rd August, 2011

So why exactly does audi have such packages which pretty much are mandatory and without going off topic what is the wci package on the a4? Also what other package does a4 have?

In a low volume market like india do packages make sense? Isn't it better to go like bmw and mercedes where everything is standard and well priced it even keeps better inventory management?

Regards,
Old 5th October 2011, 11:55   #77
Senior - BHPian

"Audi India has realized the potential of the entry level diesel executive sedan market and has dropped the 2.0L TDI from the Q5 in the A6. This 2.0 TDI does its duty in a lot of VW and Skoda models as well. This 4 cylinder oil burner produces 177 hp and has a fuel efficiency rating of 18.96 kmpl. Nothing else has been changed on the A6 spec sheet.
The new 2.0L Audi A6 will give a tough competition to the rival brands. It will go head to head with BMW’s 520d and Mercedes’s E-Class diesel in India. The company has priced this new A6 at an ex showroom Delhi price of Rs 37.7 lakhs. The BMW 525d starts at Rs 36.9L (ex-Delhi) and the Mercedes E220CDi starts at 38.74 lakh (ex Ahmedabad). Just like the brand positioning, Audi is also pricing their cars in the middle."

http://http://indianautosblog.com/20...udi-a6-2-0-tdi
Old 5th October 2011, 14:50   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

The pricing mentioned above^^ is not for the 525d but of the 520d
Old 5th October 2011, 20:44   #79
Senior - BHPian

Sorry but this was always there since start its just Audi's way of being in the news and nothing more. And why does this article mention E220CDI price from Ahmedabad and not delhi? Not correct as gujarat has a higher Vat so when you compare both together I guess the 520d and E220 will cost pretty much the same.

Regards,
Old 5th October 2011, 20:53   #80
BHPian

Nicely written. But does it make any sense? NO. If Audi A6 were to be that great, it would hold it's value and not start trading on discounts just months after launch.

And wondering why even the car sales figures tell the same story as what you state above!

Last edited by Mpower : 6th October 2011 at 19:33. Reason: quoted post deleted
Old 5th October 2011, 21:22   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Sorry but this was always there since start its just Audi's way of being in the news and nothing more. And why does this article mention E220CDI price from Ahmedabad and not delhi? Not correct as gujarat has a higher Vat so when you compare both together I guess the 520d and E220 will cost pretty much the same.

Regards,
The 2.0TDI was announced at the time of launch, but wasn't made available. They mentioned this at the Audi Driving Experience I was invited for in Delhi too. Read my opening post. The 2.0TDI was to be launched in October, which it just did.

Very well priced i must say considering they fall in the 30% tax bracket as opposed to the 10% tax bracket BMW & Mercedes fall in.

If they can sort this issue out, Audi can well be the cheapest out of the three Germans. Only put off with the 2.0TDI is the FWD, that also wouldn't make a difference if it will be a chauffeured car.
Old 5th October 2011, 22:39   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post

Very well priced i must say considering they fall in the 30% tax bracket as opposed to the 10% tax bracket BMW & Mercedes fall in.
Sorry Off topic, but what do you mean by Audi falling in 30% tax bracket while BMW and Mercedes in 10% tax bracket?
Old 6th October 2011, 08:57   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
Sorry Off topic, but what do you mean by Audi falling in 30% tax bracket while BMW and Mercedes in 10% tax bracket?
That is correct. The CKD CBU interpretation mess. Audi sticks to 30% tax bracket for the fact that local content/assembly is lesser than stipulated.
BeamerBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2011, 10:22   #84
Senior - BHPian

What exactly do you mean when you say 5-Series build quality is a joke? There is not a single piece of material in BMW that feels cheap - inside out. I have not seen the new A6 - but I can tell you that Audi uses lot of "brushed aluminum/chrome"-ish plastic that actually looks and feels plastic except in photos. If you are familiar with the classy Merc interior materials - you will immediately realize that Audi's materials have lot of plastic-feel. They look good in photos, though. The design appeal is subjective and yes the Audi interiors have the oomph - but to say BMW build quality is poor is incorrect.

Among A6, E-class and 5-Series: 5-Series will be the most common place car on the roads. I have no problem with that. Somehow Audi hopes that they can price higher, skip the service packages and yet get sales. They can always target people who do not want to buy a 5-series (already own it, or want to be different from neighbors/relatives).

To be honest, I like Audi and I want to them to do well. But F10 is such a balanced and good looking car :-)

Last edited by Mpower : 6th October 2011 at 19:33. Reason: quoted post is now deleted
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2011, 10:51   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
What exactly do you mean when you say 5-Series build quality is a joke? There is not a single piece of material in BMW that feels cheap - inside out. I have not seen the new A6 - but I can tell you that Audi uses lot of "brushed aluminum/chrome"-ish plastic that actually looks and feels plastic except in photos. If you are familiar with the classy Merc interior materials - you will immediately realize that Audi's materials have lot of plastic-feel. They look good in photos, though. The design appeal is subjective and yes the Audi interiors have the oomph - but to say BMW build quality is poor is incorrect.

Among A6, E-class and 5-Series: 5-Series will be the most common place car on the roads. I have no problem with that. Somehow Audi hopes that they can price higher, skip the service packages and yet get sales. They can always target people who do not want to buy a 5-series (already own it, or want to be different from neighbors/relatives).

To be honest, I like Audi and I want to them to do well. But F10 is such a balanced and good looking car :-)
Androdev I don't think you will get a reply from i<3turbo anytime soon considering he is banned.

Also, what he was saying is just an exaggeration and his opinion so it doesn't have to be taken to heart.

However I must tell you that the Audi interiors are not only great in photos but are equally great in real life.

I had the opportunity to spend some time in the interiors of the new F10 530d and the A6 3.0TDI within a week of each other. After sitting in the Audi I honestly felt that the Audi was much more premium than the BMW. I did not find the BMW interiors worthy of a 60L car.

The leather quality in the Audi felt much more supple, the plastic quality was far better. In the BMW I noticed in some places there were hard plastics but in the Audi, there was nothing that felt out of place. It was truly a perfect cabin. The brushed aluminum did not feel plasticky and felt like a metal knob or dial.

I'm not saying the BMW interiors were poor but the Audi just had that little something more.
Old 6th October 2011, 11:01   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Androdev I don't think you will get a reply from i<3turbo anytime soon considering he is banned.

Also, what he was saying is just an exaggeration and his opinion so it doesn't have to be taken to heart.

However I must tell you that the Audi interiors are not only great in photos but are equally great in real life.

I had the opportunity to spend some time in the interiors of the new F10 530d and the A6 3.0TDI within a week of each other. After sitting in the Audi I honestly felt that the Audi was much more premium than the BMW. I did not find the BMW interiors worthy of a 60L car.

The leather quality in the Audi felt much more supple, the plastic quality was far better. In the BMW I noticed in some places there were hard plastics but in the Audi, there was nothing that felt out of place. It was truly a perfect cabin. The brushed aluminum did not feel plasticky and felt like a metal knob or dial.

I'm not saying the BMW interiors were poor but the Audi just had that little something more.
. Audi's interior quality is definitely superior even out of the photographs. First hand experience.
I have just spent time briefly in the f10 and that too the rear seat so i cant really comment on out & out quality but yes i can surely say that in comparison to the Audi interiors, BMW and Merc interiors feel too clinical and....erm..dare i say, boring ? Just my personal opinion though.
Jaguar surely has opulent interiors but i heard they have material quality issues and fade,wear & tear is noticed sooner in comparison. Any personal experience on this front ? Sorry for having gone slightly OT in the last half of my post.
Old 24th October 2011, 12:38   #87
PPS
Senior - BHPian

There is a silver debadged A6 doing the rounds of Mumbai. It has nice looking big wheels. I wonder if its a new engine or new variant?
Old 21st December 2011, 21:14   #88
BHPian

Hi all..visted the bmw,audi and jaguar showrooms yesterday since my business partner is buying a midsize sedan.

The choices are :

Jaguar XF S Diesel (only 1 trim is available)
BMW 530D Highline
Audi A6 3.0 TDI

The jag is 64.25 OTR (3 yrs 100k kms warranty). No discounts MY2012, no 8 speed ZF tranny.
BMW 530D highline is 58.5 OTR, with service for 4 yrs, insurance secure 62 OTR. (not negotiated for a discount yet)
Audi A6 with LED, WCI package, entertainment package, 2 rear screens, extended 2 yr warranty is 63.5 OTR. Audi is offering about 3 lakhs off.

This car is going to be driver driven 70% of the time. Overall the A6 seems to have the best interior, Jag the best ride and the 530d the best features for the price.

The car will be used for a maximum of 4 years and 60-70k kms. I have voted for the loaded A6 black with dark brown interiors.

Please chime in with your suggestions. Car will be booked tomorrow.

Last edited by R.P.M : 21st December 2011 at 21:41. Reason: info
Old 21st December 2011, 23:49   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
Overall the A6 seems to have the best interior, Jag the best ride and the 530d the best features for the price.

Please chime in with your suggestions. Car will be booked tomorrow.
I test drove the A6 last week. IMO it has the least character of all the three Germans. To me the interiors of the A6 is also over-hyped.

Personally, I would suggest the E Class. But of the choices mentioned by you, I'd go with BMW. I find it to be a great all-rounder. And BMW maintenance packages are an added advantage!

Last edited by rrsteer : 21st December 2011 at 23:51.
Old 22nd December 2011, 20:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This car is going to be driver driven 70% of the time. Overall the A6 seems to have the best interior, Jag the best ride and the 530d the best features for the price.
If you have to be in back seat most of the time , stay away from BMW . I am writing this from my personal experience. In fact I am so pissed with rear seat , I will most likely book the new Innova next month. The seat is so low , very painful for knees . I cannot comment on E or Jag , Audi is probably worst as it has least legroom . I will suggest you to stay away from these cars if you need rear seat comfort unless you are looking something for image .
Closed Thread