Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 17th June 2011, 23:41   #1
BHPian

Post The New 2011 Audi A6. EDIT : Launch on 3rd August, 2011

I was invited for a special 'Invitations only' sneak preview of the 2011 Audi A6 today by Audi West Mumbai dealership held at Lodha Palace, Upper Worli. The dealership says the launch will mostly be by the end of this month!

I did check the car out. As a word from the dealership and the price-list that I have got, There is a 2.8 TFSI (150kW), 3.0 TFSI quattro (220kW, 440Nm) and a 3.0 TDI quattro (180kW, 500Nm) on offer, Now the tricky part is, The catalog does mention a 2.0 TDI (130kW, 380Nm) but the price list I have got does not mention a 2.0 and the people from Audi also said, the 2.0/2.7 TDI isn't in sight in the near future. As per the catalog, the 2.7 is out of the picture. I guess its just a strategy by them to nail as many customers as possible before the official launch with the 3.0 TDI because 2.0 TDI is where the actual sales is and they know it. The stand-out equipment comes as an optional extra, including:

Audi A6 Multimedia Package:
The Bose Surround Sound system, Rear-seat entertainment and Comfort Key for Rs.1,22,000/-

Audi A6 Luxury Package:
Audi Parking System Advanced (Parking Camera's and more gizmo's), 6-DVD Changer & MMI Touch for Rs.2,63,900/-

There are full-LED headlamps on offer for a whopping Rs.2,74,000/- for a pair.

The cheapest variant starts at Rs.39,16,000/- (Ex-showroom Thane)(2.8 TFSI)
The top-of-the-line variant/most-expensive (3.0 TDI quattro) with all the additional packages comes up to a cool Rs.52,66,900/- (Ex)

I have been given the full-price list and a catalog which I will try to scan and put up by tomorrow. Also, not to forget to mention the awesome experience I had with all the pampering I got when I got to the venue (Invitation, Phone-call confirmation of time of arrival, mocktails, starters, goodie bag with chocolates etc. etc)

Last edited by n:CorE : 18th June 2011 at 00:02.
n:CorE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2011, 00:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The New 2011 Audi A6 to be launched by the End of June. Deliveries start Septembe

Thanks for the information, we have a similar preview in Ahmedabad next week.

Going by your details, I think Audi India is a little too optimistic with the packages, I mean why exactly have these additional packages and not make it all a part of the standard car? Also considering this is a CKD car, isn't the cost of the head lights a lot? I mean the price is pretty much what the price is for their CBU cars?

The 3.0 TDI will face stiff competetion from the F10 530D, which is a great car and also has equipment which includes Navigation, HUD, Rear View Camera, Rear Seat Entertainment as standard. The only thing missing from the 5 is the upgraded sound which I do not know why BMW India have not selected as both Mercedes & Audi offer the upgraded sound but BMW India has not been into that.

Also will the car have the Adaptive Air Suspension? Do post the info when you can, But I still think going ahead the main fight will be between the A6 & the 5, I always said it before and will stick to it, Mercedes has lost it big time this generation and sales figures show it where in the last month they were almost 50% less compared to the BMW 5 and their share will go down further with the A6.

Lastly, I still wonder who will be the first manufacturer to offer better seats to us in this segment? I mean upgrades like additional adjustments, Ventilation & perhaps Massage!!!

Regards,
Old 18th June 2011, 00:57   #3
BHPian

Default Re: The New 2011 Audi A6 to be launched by the End of June. Deliveries start Septembe

S350L-E240, As you know, I am on the prowl for a new car and trust me, idk why the Audi is pulling me towards itself now, from my initial sort-of firm decision on the 520d. And I forgot the mention, the 2.0TDI on offer is a V6 (atleast as mentioned in the catalog) :-O, That's a whole new engine! And yes there is the Adaptive Air Suspension, along with tonnes of other technical goodies and all customizable thanks to the MMI. The ex-showroom prices of the F10 530D and the A6 3.0TDI quattro (with the all packages and the outrageously expensive headlights) is still neck-to-neck. Get rid of the silly headlamps and you can shave off a nice ~3L to the ex-showroom price, which I reckon will get it below the 530D's pricing. The level's of equipment in this car is insane! I so wish the 2.0TDI V6 comes along after launch, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! =D

Last edited by n:CorE : 18th June 2011 at 01:02.
Old 18th June 2011, 01:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

n:CorE,

I believe there is an error in the Audi India A6 Brochure, as the 2.0 TDI is not a V6 but an inline 4, I am sure of this unless they are using some other motor from the Audi Stable and badging it as a 2.0 which I do not think they would, I can assure you it will be the 4 Inline 1968 CC Engine.

Coming back to the car, if it even has Air Suspension with Ride height etc. then the car will surely have a great advantage as BMW does not offer that as of now even in Germany, and Mercedes India since 2 years has hardly added much to it's E-Class.

Yes the car will be tempting when you remove the LED headlights, but since it is a CKD unit I still feel Audi could have had the LED lights as standard, do post any pictures if you took them, I would love to see the alloys for Indian market as that is one area most car makers ignore for our standard cars.

Regards,
Old 18th June 2011, 07:46   #5
BHPian

Yes, Even I highly doubt that the 2.0 TDI will be a V6, another one of the familiar Audi catalog errors. Its merely a 130 kW engine, which is ~175bhp. So I don't think I'll be wrong in saying that this is the same 4-pot engine which is there in the new VW Passat. Well that makes its a good 9 horses less than the key-rival the F10 520D which I reckon is 184bhp. I feel the Audi still screams for the 3.0 TDI buy, good numbers, insane equipment, quattro all-time 4WD, to name a few.

The alloys, according to me are nothing short of dramatic! The first set of alloys in the whole segment that I have really liked (Hated the ones in the 520d). Unfortunately, I couldn't click any pictures, but the catalog does have the pictures which I will try and scan today at work.

I also did raise a question against the exorbitant pricing of the headlamps, turns out when the parts for the CKD are imported, your LED-headlamps are a part of the assembly parts and it will have your chassis number on it (so I guess there's separate duty on it). I wouldn't mind giving it a miss, hell its for ~3 Lakhs, anyways, we wont be missing out on the signature Audi daytime-running LED's so that's good news.
Old 18th June 2011, 09:58   #6
Team-BHP Support

^^ The 2.0TDI is not a V6, it is the same engine all other cars from VW group use in different states of tune. This engine is expected in 170hp tune for A6, same as Q5 2.0TDI. The 2.0 TDI will come for sure to match the pricing of BMW 520d and MERC E 250CDI, it may be launched later.
Old 18th June 2011, 09:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

This new Audi A6 has the presence, that the earlier A6 I used to feel din't have. Now the new A6 looks very promising. I personally feel the new A6 is going to be the pick of the segment.
Old 18th June 2011, 13:18   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

n:CorE - Quit the tease and laziness, upload the stuff already

Adaptive air suspension will make the A6 far more comfortable than the rivals and it was about time this feature came into the segment ! Kudos to Audi for getting this in !
Old 18th June 2011, 22:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Saw the all new A6 today on the WEH. Looked damn gorgeous!
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:59   #10
BHPian

Saw the A6 yesterday at the Emporio Mall in New Delhi. It was a secret preview of the car inside a covered room with Champagne and the works. The car looks imposing and will give the Beemer 5 a run for its money. I dont see too many people buying the E Class anymore. The Touchpad next to the gear to dial numbers is fantastic (IPAD Influence ??). Apparently there are only 60 cars allocated to Delhi and they have received bookings for close to 40.
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: The New 2011 Audi A6 to be launched by the End of June. Deliveries start Septembe

One very silly question - sorry for that.

Why ex showroom Thane, why not Mumbai when the car is being displayed in Mumbai.
Old 20th July 2011, 00:18   #12
BHPian

Sorry to bump this thread up again. I got a call from Audi Mumbai West. Apparently there is a launch party in Gurgaon on the 8th of August 2011. They have invited me from Mumbai to go over there and test drive the car out there. (Return flight tickets, accommodation, etc. is taken care by Audi as a service to a potential customer :P). I won't be missing this opportunity, any BHP-ian's gonna be there?
Old 20th July 2011, 10:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Saw the new Audi A6 at the Kolkata showroom yesterday.Doesnt look that impressive,very ubiquitous.
Attached Thumbnails
The New 2011 Audi A6. EDIT : Launch on 3rd August, 2011-dsc03655.jpg  

Old 20th July 2011, 10:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Silver de-badged A6 doing the rounds in Mumbai. Was right behind me on the Eastern express highway until the moment i turned towards Pune and it went straight towards Nashik. 4th time i spotted this car. He was sticking to my tail and something tells me the 3.0 TDI badging on an A4 really got that driver going. Dual exhausts - Either was a 3.0t or TDI since the 2.7tdi is out of contention and he was able to stick to my tail.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:09   #15
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Saw the all new A6 on the Eastern Express Highway. Certainly looks better than the previous generation. Initially mistook it for an A7 looking at the led's but then noticed the different looking grill. It was a 2.0tdi. Btw,strangely the A7 test car is still doing the rounds of Mumbai without the logos(maybe they were stolen).

Last edited by PPS : 20th July 2011 at 21:11.
Closed Thread