Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 26th September 2011, 16:19   #661
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

I remember OD/Autocar stating that the gearshift is a bit notchy and has to be sorted out in the production vehicles. Seems like they haven't sorted it out, as per the reports trickling in.
Old 26th September 2011, 17:30   #662
BHPian

Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Comparing it with Fortuner's waiting period and price rise is not correct. Toyota is a global brand and they have built a strong and loyal set of customers over the years. Force has a long way to go and if they increase the price without a strong A.S.S then it will be a mistake IMHO.

My suggestion is to do a thorough TD first. If it ticks most of the boxes for you then go for it. On paper it surely looks like VFM offering.
, would also like to check out MUV500 meanwhile which would coincide in launch with the test drive availability of force in New Delhi.
The crowd at Force showroom would be sucked away and making a beeline at mahindra showrooms the day its launched, that might also neutralize the unprecedented craze for Force.
Old 26th September 2011, 18:26   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Just had a small TD at Siddharth Force.
Thanks for a very factual review. What was your opinion about the vehicle when compared with Scorpio or Safari?
Old 26th September 2011, 18:54   #664
BHPian

1.Endeavor like massive& imposing appearance with lots of chrome on the front
2.Prado style rear lights
3.Good set of chrome alloys
4.Projector headlamps
5.Cruise control
6.Space like that of a mini township on wheels
7.Decent 140ish BHP power

This should be a good SUV ,I presume, for Indians who are getting used to the SUV culture
Old 26th September 2011, 22:03   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Just had a small TD at Siddharth Force.

Positives :
Space all 3 rows have very good leg room 3rd row compromises on thigh support (I am 6feet 3inch)
Driving Position
Equipment
Visibility
Engine, no vibrations & audibility very low
Torque is linear hence city driving wont be an issue
Brake do generate confidence
Suspension are good

Negatives
Interiors fit & finish very poor
Styling of interior not modern
Gear shift & slotting a big issue

More when I do a Long test drive. Wifey also did a drive she also felt issue with gear shift.
Is the clutch really hard? I mean does it mellow once in motion?
Old 26th September 2011, 23:47   #666
Senior - BHPian

The pics that I took (posted a few pages back by scorcher) was a pre production vehicle done 1800 plus kms. One of the many media vehicles used. The dealer assured of much better overall finesse in the production models and also promised me a TD if and I ever will go back to Delhi this weekend. Lets see....but at 12.28 lakh OTR WITHOUT even the basic safety features, isn't it too optimistically priced? But I gotta appreciate their display pattern of the vehicle and its chassis (designed in house, not imported by Foday China). Only the panels are imported from foday china.
Old 27th September 2011, 10:22   #667
BHPian

@ cediafan

I haven't driven driven Safari & Scorpio hence cannot comment on that part.

@ Pankaj

Clutch is absolutely soft no hardness you feel as if you are driving a car , only thing that concerns me is gear shift

They are right now producing only 3 vehicles / day hence waiting period is going to increase
Old 27th September 2011, 11:03   #668
BHPian

This SUV seems to be a looked with good road presence. It definitely seems to be a good competitor to Scorpio, if correctly priced.

Any plans by Force to get this into the taxi segment as well, by bringing in a stripped down version? We seem to be having a duopoly of Sumo/Tavera here.

Mods, any hints on when the official review is coming?
Old 27th September 2011, 15:28   #669
BHPian

Quote:
@ cediafan

I haven't driven driven Safari & Scorpio hence cannot comment on that part.

@ Pankaj

Clutch is absolutely soft no hardness you feel as if you are driving a car , only thing that concerns me is gear shift

They are right now producing only 3 vehicles / day hence waiting period is going to increase
Just spoke to the dealer, the TD would only be available after 1st Oct ,
Iam somehow waiting to reject MUV 500 upon launch so that I can go and book Force for good (telling myself that I made a concious informed choice).. Merlin, Duster dont stand a chance near it right?
Old 27th September 2011, 17:03   #670
BHPian

The all-new Force One - New Force To Reckon With

One more review by carindia maybe helpful but seems promising
Old 27th September 2011, 17:21   #671
e46
BHPian

Quote:
The all-new Force One - New Force To Reckon With

One more review by carindia maybe helpful but seems promising
Thats BI pro test rider Aspi Bhatena, if am not wrong. dint know, he has got a panache for Cars too. Is he associated with MSN Autos too?
Old 27th September 2011, 17:45   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Merlin, Duster dont stand a chance near it right?
Duster is in a different category as it is a compact SUV. Merlin might not be a 7 seater as well but dimensions and power might be comparable. Too early to write off Merlin IMO.
Old 27th September 2011, 18:12   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
Duster is in a different category as it is a compact SUV. Merlin might not be a 7 seater as well but dimensions and power might be comparable. Too early to write off Merlin IMO.
yeah but compact is by 3rd row missing, but satisfies the male chauvinistic ego of an SUV lover
Old 28th September 2011, 05:25   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
yeah but compact is by 3rd row missing, but satisfies the male chauvinistic ego of an SUV lover
Duster is more of city SUV. If priced correctly, many people would prefer Duster over F1 for day to day city driving.
Old 28th September 2011, 06:51   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Duster is more of city SUV. If priced correctly, many people would prefer Duster over F1 for day to day city driving.
And therefore a 10lac fully loaded 4x4 Duster would be more frugal, agile, cute to look at and better ergonomics at 2.5 lac less, and hence more practical sans the 3rd row and dominating road presence(which to some appeals better if the size is lesser than a camper like endy and F1)?
Closed Thread