Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 16:57   #706
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Guntur, AP
Posts: 95
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Sirs
I am trying to clear the dust and get a better perspective for myself
F1 the SUV without 4x4 / AWD
Chinese products do have reliability if chosen properly, and the dated looks do not matter - see how the fortuner is selling!
As for the XUV500 its a buck toothed and needs an orthodontist with a buzz saw. Has any one heard of cheetah DNA in a SUV...... could only be the work of a wannabe designer, with delusions of grandeur. Seems that the team went all the way to Kenya to study cheetas.....who are you kidding guys, think you are National Geographic? If your wishes are cheetas, apes would be driving the XUV500.
On a serious note, ground clearance, interiors and features are all reminiscent of M&M trying to ape the ARIA and come up better, in that they have succeeded.
The search for the affordable SUV is on.....
maverick56 is offline  
Old 11th October 2011, 18:22   #707
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,874
Thanked: 3,255 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Saw this Force One test vehicle stripped of all its cladding in Juhu.
Attached Images
   
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 19:20   #708
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 161
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
It looks like you are not a highway traveler. Top speed is definitely a concern for me especially when I need to travel on highways.
I travel a fair bit on the highway on my Cedia. However, the point I was trying to make was that I would not push an SUV (with a high stance) as much as I would push a sedan. An SUV will not feel as planted as a low stance Sedan.
cediafan is offline  
Old 11th October 2011, 19:43   #709
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aberdeen, UK
Posts: 1,174
Thanked: 953 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Heres an interesting proposition for Force.

Instead of chasing a crowded and matured SUV space why not make a lifestyle pickup where theres little competition. I believe theres still demand for a VFM lifestyle pickup (Mahindras offerings are either crude or ugly, Xenon is expensive to top other niggles).

Use the Force One platform and simply buy the pickup panels from china instead. Heres the pickup version of the Foday explorer

Its supposedly developed with a polytechnic in Hong Kong no less, which is a good thing. At least this ways no one drags the Lotus name for developing such a dud. In Foday's own words (Delightful reading):

'FODAY, developed the pickup cooperatively with the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, have independent intellectual property rights for the design. The style is incorporated the supernatural marrow of design of the European car, the appearance is beautiful, rate as the most “handsome” pickup in domestic. In the aspects of designing, full utilizing aerodynamics and human engineering. It makes more humanization.'
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 21:18   #710
BHPian
 
Y@SH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 379
Thanked: 358 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Saw this Force One test vehicle stripped of all its cladding in Juhu.
Is this somewhere near joggers park? I stay in Juhu since the last 16 years, yet cant guess where this is!
Y@SH is offline  
Old 12th October 2011, 12:44   #711
BHPian
 
Tommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 253
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
I travel a fair bit on the highway on my Cedia. However, the point I was trying to make was that I would not push an SUV (with a high stance) as much as I would push a sedan. An SUV will not feel as planted as a low stance Sedan.
Last week when I was on highway, an Endeavour over took me. The estimated speed of that Endeavor was 160 kmph. If Endeavour can travel at that speed, why cant F1 with a Merc Engine?

See this youtube video

Last edited by Tommie : 12th October 2011 at 12:45.
Tommie is offline  
Old 12th October 2011, 13:31   #712
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Last week when I was on highway, an Endeavour over took me. The estimated speed of that Endeavor was 160 kmph. If Endeavour can travel at that speed, why cant F1 with a Merc Engine?
It may be able to travel at that speed, but question will it stop when required
m_upreti is offline  
Old 12th October 2011, 13:45   #713
BHPian
 
thalavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 389
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
It may be able to travel at that speed, but question will it stop when required
And also can it handle a 'Moose' on the road?
thalavoy is offline  
Old 12th October 2011, 15:22   #714
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 161
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Last week when I was on highway, an Endeavour over took me. The estimated speed of that Endeavor was 160 kmph. If Endeavour can travel at that speed, why cant F1 with a Merc Engine?
I am not saying it will not be able to travel at 160 or even beyond and I am not doubting its engine. I am saying that I would not be comfortable pushing it at those speeds due to its high stance. If I buy an F1 it will not be for its top speed but its ride quality and ability to take abuse. I can make out that top speed is important to you and if you are comfortable doing those speeds then good luck!

Last edited by Amartya : 17th October 2011 at 09:39. Reason: Removed the video from the quoted post.Kindly remove those in the future. Thanks and see you around.
cediafan is offline  
Old 12th October 2011, 15:59   #715
BHPian
 
jesrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 251
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Is this somewhere near joggers park? I stay in Juhu since the last 16 years, yet cant guess where this is!
This is in the lane opposite to St.Joseph Schott, next lane parallel to V.M.Road, having Amitabh's (Nyoma) / Dharmendra's / J.Om Prakash /Ajay Devgn bungalows, 13th Cross Rd. The car is parked outside "Sea Breeze" building.

Last edited by jesrani : 12th October 2011 at 16:00.
jesrani is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 16:02   #716
BHPian
 
Anarchy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 44 Times
Lightbulb Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
I am not saying it will not be able to travel at 160 or even beyond and I am not doubting its engine. I am saying that I would not be comfortable pushing it at those speeds due to its high stance. If I buy an F1 it will not be for its top speed but its ride quality and ability to take abuse. I can make out that top speed is important to you and if you are comfortable doing those speeds then good luck!
Actually Cediafan, the Endys stance is proportionate to the body. I'm going to share a shocking fact - the Endy at high speeds will have a closer CoG (Centre of Gravity) from Axle to Asphalt than the Cedia!!!

Of course, I might have made some errors, but here's a link where we can work out the CoG - Longacre Racing Online -- Tech Article "Center of Gravity Height"

I compared the Endy and the Cedia based on the following input criteria:

a) Wheelbase (in inches)
b) Curb Weight (in lbs)
c) Front Weight (extrapolated using trigonometry)
d) Raised Front Weight (extrapolated using trigonometry)
e) Tire Size for front left and right tires (I assume you are running on 205/60 R15)

The result - Endy's CoG (Axle to Asphalt) = 9,478
- Cedia's CoG (Axle to Asphalt) = 12,017

What this means is, considering the extra weight of the car, and distribution of weight across the longer wheelbase, the Endy (can't speak for all SUVs) will actually be safer than the Cedia.
Anarchy83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 17:19   #717
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,146
Thanked: 2,436 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

My take IN ALL CAPS IN LINE BELOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick56 View Post
Sirs
I am trying to clear the dust and get a better perspective for myself
F1 the SUV without 4x4 / AWD

JUST THE SUV LOOKS YOU MEAN?

Chinese products do have reliability if chosen properly, and the dated looks do not matter - see how the fortuner is selling!

NOT SO TRUE OF TOTALLY CHINESE CARS BUT YES MOST OF THE OTHER STUFF IN THIS WORLD IN TODAY MANUFACTURED IN CHINA

As for the XUV500 its a buck toothed and needs an orthodontist with a buzz saw. Has any one heard of cheetah DNA in a SUV...... could only be the work of a wannabe designer, with delusions of grandeur. Seems that the team went all the way to Kenya to study cheetas.....who are you kidding guys, think you are National Geographic? If your wishes are cheetas, apes would be driving the XUV500.

SEE THE NUMBER OF TBHP GUYS WHO ARE BOOKING / LOVING THE XUV CHEETAH OR NOT
On a serious note, ground clearance, interiors and features are all reminiscent of M&M trying to ape the ARIA and come up better, in that they have succeeded.

THE QUALITY AND SIZE DOES SEEM A BIT APART BUT YES AS VFM ..
The search for the affordable SUV is on.....
My quotes above are also in equal jest pls take with loads of salt.
ACM is offline  
Old 12th October 2011, 17:33   #718
BHPian
 
revintup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kottaym
Posts: 381
Thanked: 242 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy83 View Post

What this means is, considering the extra weight of the car, and distribution of weight across the longer wheelbase, the Endy (can't speak for all SUVs) will actually be safer than the Cedia.

Maybe in a straightline,Yes.But wont the extra weight cause the suv to become highly unstable around a corner due to the centrifugal force?

I had a US car mag with me which measures road holding for all the vehicles in terms of Gs and suvs in general are no match for the sedans when it comes to road holding.

Anyway if your method of calculation is right,its an awesome piece of information.
revintup is offline  
Old 12th October 2011, 17:34   #719
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: -
Posts: 857
Thanked: 1,000 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick56 View Post
Sirs
I am trying to clear the dust and get a better perspective for myself
F1 the SUV without 4x4 / AWD
Chinese products do have reliability if chosen properly, and the dated looks do not matter - see how the fortuner is selling!
As for the XUV500 its a buck toothed and needs an orthodontist with a buzz saw. Has any one heard of cheetah DNA in a SUV...... could only be the work of a wannabe designer, with delusions of grandeur. Seems that the team went all the way to Kenya to study cheetas.....who are you kidding guys, think you are National Geographic? If your wishes are cheetas, apes would be driving the XUV500.
On a serious note, ground clearance, interiors and features are all reminiscent of M&M trying to ape the ARIA and come up better, in that they have succeeded.
The search for the affordable SUV is on.....
Exactly my thoughts! You had me in splits with that Nat Geo allegory.
swiftdiesel is offline  
Old 12th October 2011, 17:54   #720
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 161
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy83 View Post
Actually Cediafan, the Endys stance is proportionate to the body. I'm going to share a shocking fact - the Endy at high speeds will have a closer CoG (Centre of Gravity) from Axle to Asphalt than the Cedia!!!

Of course, I might have made some errors, but here's a link where we can work out the CoG - Longacre Racing Online -- Tech Article "Center of Gravity Height"

I compared the Endy and the Cedia based on the following input criteria:

a) Wheelbase (in inches)
b) Curb Weight (in lbs)
c) Front Weight (extrapolated using trigonometry)
d) Raised Front Weight (extrapolated using trigonometry)
e) Tire Size for front left and right tires (I assume you are running on 205/60 R15)

The result - Endy's CoG (Axle to Asphalt) = 9,478
- Cedia's CoG (Axle to Asphalt) = 12,017

What this means is, considering the extra weight of the car, and distribution of weight across the longer wheelbase, the Endy (can't speak for all SUVs) will actually be safer than the Cedia.
This was a great post and it is such fact based arguments that make this forum such a pleasure.
Now, you are correct when you say that CoG is a factor in determining the handling. However, GC (and in turn higher center of mass) is a very important factor in deciding the handling. If I take your formula and double the wheelbase and weight, I will end up with exactly the same CoG. This does not mean that the vehicle with 2x dimensions is as stable as the first one.
cediafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Force Motors (including Force One 4x4) @ Auto Expo 2012 GTO The Indian Car Scene 32 19th March 2016 10:44
Force Motors Launched Force Trip Mini Van KMohanan Commercial Vehicles 13 1st September 2011 10:19
New premium SUV from Force Motors lazy The Indian Car Scene 18 19th August 2011 19:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks