Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 28th July 2011, 15:24   #391
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
No, he is trying to shoot the lower part of the dash. This is probably making him sit or rather stand on his knees on the rear seat to point the camera in the right direction.

But seriously, on carefully watching the video once again, there are three guys at the rear and all the three seem to have their head buried in the roof (unless they are feeling proud to be testing the new Swift ). At 22 seconds, this can be seen clearly.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 15:33   #392
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

New Swift have a well planted look, but rear design (bumper-number plate) area is bad comparing to the current design. Thank god that they did not try anything SPECIAL in the looks dept. Hope built quality is improved (especially interior) and those rattling issues.

Why people are spoiling this thread with Dezire discussion. Dezire is a very paractical entry level sedan but ugly but there is a new competitor on the block - New Fiesta.

Last edited by Latheesh : 28th July 2011 at 15:43.
Old 28th July 2011, 15:33   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Dont think it is overused or abused! Beauty indeed lies in eye of beholder. And beauty is not just skin deep. There are other traits. Otherwise it would be like saying only those fair-skinned are beautiful and others ugly. Thats a really sad mentality. Then more than half of us indians wont be beautiful at all!!!

Coming back to cars, Civic/Linea might be beautiful but their price isint (At least for a 6-7 lakh budget buyer). What beautiful sedan you can suggest to somebody in that price range?
Dude, don't un-necessarily brand me racist, when I am not. And that's not what I meant anyway. Where in my post did you read 'fair skinned'. And I am Indian too and think Indians are the most beautiful breed in the world. And I am myself just about fair, not really fair.

We are talking cars here. And I had drawn analogy, not talking in 'absolute terms'. All I am trying to say is that DZire is a poor looking, disproportionate car. There are other 'good traits' to the car as well (the ones I mentioned above). However, looks it clearly not its strong point. There are cars that are meant to be what they are: Like Swift. Conceived and designed as a hatch. And that's what it looks good at.

I have recommended DZire to a few people who value its traits, but coz of the way it looks.

BTW, I have no intention to start a heated argument here. I just called a spade, a spade!
Old 28th July 2011, 16:36   #394
Senior - BHPian

With Maruti Suzuki's workers on strike again, refer below link wonder how long will the customers have to wait for their beloved Diesel Suzuki's

Maruti Suzuki workers on strike again: spokesman - Corporate News - livemint.com

Hope things are sorted out soon.
Old 28th July 2011, 16:56   #395

I spoke to Maruti guys and they said the new swift launch date is August 18th!!!!
Old 28th July 2011, 17:25   #396
Senior - BHPian

All the scoop pictures are of the ZXi, leaves me very worried. Would they delay the diesel launch?
Old 28th July 2011, 17:31   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
All the scoop pictures are of the ZXi, leaves me very worried. Would they delay the diesel launch?
I would not worry as the demand for diesel is far greater in these times and MUL would not make the blunder by just launching the petrol variants.

I am sure that there would be significant diesel variant bookings and they would surely launch both the variants together.
Old 28th July 2011, 17:35   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Hi Guys!

Me and revved_up caught the new swift being road tested by some media guys in Delhi on our way from work the other day. Looks a stunner with increased road presence and apparent superior build. Clicked it on my phone camera. Here they go..
Attachment 584343
Attachment 584344

Excuse the bad lighting as it was late evening.

Here is a small video we shot...

Cheers!
Vinay
Wheels look bigger than in the other pictures seen so far. Definitely has more road presence than the current one. The color doesn't seems to be the Blazing red.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 28th July 2011 at 17:36.
Old 28th July 2011, 17:41   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
I would not worry as the demand for diesel is far greater in these times and MUL would not make the blunder by just launching the petrol variants.

I am sure that there would be significant diesel variant bookings and they would surely launch both the variants together.
There is no single scoop pic of the Zdi till date. Most manufacturers roll out the Petrol version first and the diesel, subsequently. Toyota being an example.

Even when the swift was launched they first rolled out the petrol and the diesel later on. I sincerely hope they launch both together, else im tired of waiting, I will just opt out.
Old 28th July 2011, 17:48   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
With Maruti Suzuki's workers on strike again, refer below link wonder how long will the customers have to wait for their beloved Diesel Suzuki's

Maruti Suzuki workers on strike again: spokesman - Corporate News - livemint.com

Hope things are sorted out soon.
Some swift action at Maruti Suzuki India has resulted in strike getting over too soon

Maruti Suzuki workers end strike: spokesman - The Economic Times

Hopefully the diesels will not be delayed.
Old 28th July 2011, 17:50   #401
BHPian

Quote:
There is no single scoop pic of the Zdi till date. Most manufacturers roll out the Petrol version first and the diesel, subsequently. Toyota being an example.

Even when the swift was launched they first rolled out the petrol and the diesel later on. I sincerely hope they launch both together, else im tired of waiting, I will just opt out.
I have been promised the delivery of Zdi in first week of September. So i assume that they would launch it together.

I booked my swift ZDi in March 2011 well knowing the launch would be in August.
Old 28th July 2011, 17:55   #402
BHPian

Quote:

Its unlikely that they would only launch the petrol version as they did earlier. The 1.3 MJD wasnt available for Maruti at the time of launch and came much later I think. Moreover, they would not make that miistake now as people prefer Diesel cars more than Petrol cars. They have the diesel for quite some time with them and woudnt want to delay its launch.

With Toyota, they wanted to ensure that they give the petrol versions a proper headstart before introducing the diesels.

Hoping for a VDi with integrated audio + ABS option to be available.
Old 28th July 2011, 18:15   #403
BHPian

Quote:

That's when you are launching an All new Car not for new version launch. Recent launches like Fiesta and Verna are new version launches. In the launch of new versions we can hope that Diesel and Petrol will be launched at the same time. Moreover Maruti Swift diesel has been in the market for long time. I guess the Petrol comes with the same engine but VVT which is new for Swift in India so they may be testing more than that of the Diesel counterparts
ashok_lat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 18:55   #404
Senior - BHPian

Thats what my dealer has promised me delivery too. I booked the car in March 2011 knowing of the launch. Now fingers crossed. That's all I can do.
Old 28th July 2011, 21:44   #405
BHPian

The alloys do look good when the car is moving. Thanks for the video guys. I guess there is a shootout today evening in one of the channels. Hope they can reveal some of the features
Closed Thread