Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 18:11   #316
BHPian
 
sids911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 384
Thanked: 39 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Just got an SMS from Crystal Honda "Jazz all ur with an extremely jazzy offer Ex-showroom price on road price and thats not all, we also take care of your interest for 3 years on a finance amount of 6 lacs".

Written verbatim. Looks like they still want to sell some! I really wish I was in the market for a Petrol Hatch right now!
sids911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 21:08   #317
BHPian
 
troublemaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nutley/Ahmedabad
Posts: 197
Thanked: 48 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

I think Honda has decided to win the market. If they play the price card and stay competitive, they would beat the others in petrol segment for sure. Once they have their "new" small diesel, they will just rule the market.

My 2 cents..
troublemaker is offline  
Old 14th July 2011, 21:45   #318
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hell
Posts: 23
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Now for the Million dollar question.

Do I go with the Jazz at 6.4L OTR or do I wait for the new "facelift(ed)" version of the Jazz which is expected sometime next month(?). Also, although it has been clarified before but wanted to know from fellow BHPians, any inkling on what the price of the "improved" jazz will be? I just hope there is not much of price difference between the present version and the new Jazz.

In my talk with the sales guy (who was kinda bluffing), he was saying that the new Jazz is atleast 5-6 months away and that this clearance is being done to make way for the new Brio. Of course this doesnt make sense cos Brio is in a different segment altogether.

Any advice towards solving my predicament would be greatly appreciated
darthcoder is offline  
Old 14th July 2011, 22:06   #319
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 102
Thanked: Once
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoder View Post
Why do people keep posting about the new engine of Jazz when it has been clarified that it will not be coming anytime in the near future? Please stop with the speculation.

I got a quote of 6.4 Lakhs OTR from one dealer and 6.6 Lakhs OTR from another dealer at Hyderabad for the Jazz Select Edition. What do you guys say? 6.4L OTR for Jazz Select sounds mouth-watering to me :O.
sounds good..Which dealers are these? and do they still have stock?
katpasin is offline  
Old 14th July 2011, 22:51   #320
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MADRAS
Posts: 577
Thanked: 168 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Even I am curious!!! Is Honda still with Jazz stock?? In chennai everything is sold..Damn!!!
dre@ms is offline  
Old 14th July 2011, 22:58   #321
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 673
Thanked: 138 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Just got an SMS from Crystal Honda "Jazz all ur with an extremely jazzy offer Ex-showroom price on road price and thats not all, we also take care of your interest for 3 years on a finance amount of 6 lacs".

Written verbatim. Looks like they still want to sell some! I really wish I was in the market for a Petrol Hatch right now!
+1, I got a call from them today too, actually 3 calls in response to my last week`s TD along with my friend. Going through some of the posts it seems not all Honda dealers are honest enough to disclose the True picture to an honest customer (not so informed), .i.e., the discounts currently on offer.

Pune - 6.57 L on-road for middle variant. If I was in market today looking for a hatch, Jazz with current pricing, definitely would be the choice w/o any doubt. Fantastic car with correct pricing as on today !

However, what surprised me is the SAs response when I told him that we went ahead with Polo 1.6 -
SA - Sir, Polo have 1.4 engine and not 1.6!
Me - Mr. xyz, we took the TD and booked the Car and it is 1.6
SA - No sir Polo do not have any 1.6
Frustrated at the same time irritated,
Me - Do you have internet conn at your office ?
SA - yes
Me - Please do a search and still if you do not find Polo 1.6 give me call and btw, I called you in response to your missed calls just to inform you that we already booked another car and not looking for Jazz further.

*** Please do not take it as an offence, any Jazz owners, sharing just an experiecne and what surprised me the most is somebody associated with a reputed organization is not even aware of an 01 year old car. We are lucky to be associated with Team-BHP, otherwise its anybodys guess how these ( it is applicable to any manufacturer ) guys can influence a not so informed honest customer.
AvonA7 is offline  
Old 14th July 2011, 23:02   #322
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 1,058 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoder View Post
Now for the Million dollar question.

Do I go with the Jazz at 6.4L OTR or do I wait for the new "facelift(ed)" version of the Jazz which is expected sometime next month(?). Also, although it has been clarified before but wanted to know from fellow BHPians, any inkling on what the price of the "improved" jazz will be? I just hope there is not much of price difference between the present version and the new Jazz.

In my talk with the sales guy (who was kinda bluffing), he was saying that the new Jazz is atleast 5-6 months away and that this clearance is being done to make way for the new Brio. Of course this doesnt make sense cos Brio is in a different segment altogether.

Any advice towards solving my predicament would be greatly appreciated

The price you are quoting is unbelievable.
It is 2.3 Lakhs less than the OTR price in Hyderabad.
Guess, next Honda will be offering 'Buy 1 Get 1 free'

Jokes apart, which dealer is this? When me and my friend enquired, we were quoted 7 Lakhs OTR and the car was in Jan-Feb 2011

Please check out the car thoroughly before buying - it can be a demo car or a TD car or more than a year old.

If not, you are one lucky chap. But, then don't wait.

Last edited by adimicra : 14th July 2011 at 23:05.
adimicra is offline  
Old 14th July 2011, 23:24   #323
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,983
Thanked: 2,666 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoder View Post
Now for the Million dollar question.

Any advice towards solving my predicament would be greatly appreciated
Sir, go ahead and buy it, nothing to worry about.As adimicra said make sure you are getting clean 2011 model. Drop me a PM once you take the delivery, I'll send you a nice Jazz audio CD to you free of cost, play it and smile at everyone you see on road. Why so serious?

Last edited by Latheesh : 14th July 2011 at 23:38.
Latheesh is online now  
Old 14th July 2011, 23:26   #324
BHPian
 
SunilM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 272
Thanked: 39 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoder View Post
Now for the Million dollar question.

Do I go with the Jazz at 6.4L OTR or do I wait for the new "facelift(ed)" version of the Jazz which is expected sometime next month(?).

Any advice towards solving my predicament would be greatly appreciated
You will never get the facelifted version of Jazz at the quoted price (6.4L OTR), it will be more around 8L OTR. If budget is not a constraint, wait for the newer version else the current clearence price is once in a blue moon price - most likely, you will never see it again.
SunilM is offline  
Old 14th July 2011, 23:59   #325
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,113
Thanked: 582 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

For all those looking for Jazz production figures, here they are;

Fin. Year ---------- Production ---------- Sales

09-10 ------------------10,209 ---------- 7541

10-11 -------------------3510------------ 4862

11-12 (Till June)---------- 30---------------643

Total -----------------13,749 ------------13,046

Jazz production for June 2011 was '0'.

Looking at these figures, Honda does not have too much of Jazz stocks, so a clearance sale does not make sense. Maybe the new prices are here to stay.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 15th July 2011 at 00:06.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 00:12   #326
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 1,058 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
For all those looking for Jazz production figures, here they are;

Fin. Year ---------- Production ---------- Sales

09-10 ------------------10,209 ---------- 7541

10-11 -------------------3510------------ 4862

11-12 (Till June)---------- 30---------------643

Total -----------------13,749 ------------13,046

Jazz production for June 2011 was '0'.

Looking at these figures, Honda does not have too much of Jazz stocks, so a clearance sale does not make sense. Maybe the new prices are here to stay.
@tarun: the sales number quoted by you are the number of vehicles shipped from Honda to the dealers. It is not the number of vehicles sold to the end consumer. So, it is highly possible that the dealers have lots of cars lying in their stockyards.
I am sure a facelift is on the way. Otherwise, if it is just a price revision, Honda would have made an official announcement.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 00:45   #327
BHPian
 
Tommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 253
Thanked: 44 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

From what I heard the price drop was only for the existing stock clearance sale. The new Jazz stock is expected 2-3 weeks from now and it would have a new price list.

This is what Honda said on Facebook:

This is what honda says in FB:

Honda Car India
There is no change in the ex-show-showroom prices of Honda Jazz. The offers available in the market are part of sales promotion on some limited variants in limited volumes available with some dealers for limited time.

I cross check with a sales-manager in Bangalore and he also confirmed me the same.
Tommie is offline  
Old 15th July 2011, 00:53   #328
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,429 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

I guess for the facelifted version, Honda may keep the prices 60K less than the old price [exact spot where they had the offers going on before this clearance sale] and they might price the new version with 118 PS at the old price. This is an assumption though. Hope they dont mess with the pricing of Jazz further when the new versions come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
For all those looking for Jazz production figures, here they are;

Fin. Year ---------- Production ---------- Sales
So does "production" mean the number of cars produced & dispatched by the manufacturer & "Sales" mean the cars sold by dealers? I see that at couple of places the sales numbers are more than the production numbers which logically is not correct unless the surplus units were lying with the dealers and was sold later.

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
what surprised me the most is somebody associated with a reputed organization is not even aware of an 01 year old car.
Frankly, the sales guys don't know much of the technical specs of other brands most of the times. Even if they know, they might play the fool to prove that their cars are better. I had a similar problem with Hyundai guys trying to prove that Swift D never had ABS against Getz CRDi. End of the day, they just end up irritating the customers who know well about their shortlisted options.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th July 2011 at 00:59.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 03:42   #329
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 637
Thanked: 383 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
From what I heard the price drop was only for the existing stock clearance sale. The new Jazz stock is expected 2-3 weeks from now and it would have a new price list.

This is what Honda said on Facebook:

This is what honda says in FB:

Honda Car India
There is no change in the ex-show-showroom prices of Honda Jazz. The offers available in the market are part of sales promotion on some limited variants in limited volumes available with some dealers for limited time.

I cross check with a sales-manager in Bangalore and he also confirmed me the same.
So new Jazz prices wont be revised?
IMO they should reduce it by at least 1L across the variants.

Guys - how many of you finally managed to get the Jazz in this Dhamaka offer? I dont see any new ownership threads.
C300 is offline  
Old 15th July 2011, 08:17   #330
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,242
Thanked: 692 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
it will be more around 8L OTR.
Can you please quote the source of this price for the face lifted variant?
Spitfire is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai to launch luxury sedan "Genesis" in Europe EDIT: Mulls Indian launch as well mints21 The International Automotive Scene 19 4th November 2015 18:34
Piaggio slashes Vespa price by Rs. 6.5 - 7k sam.666 Motorbikes 16 19th March 2013 14:00
Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000! GTO The Indian Car Scene 508 31st July 2011 12:04
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
Well Well Well keralshobhit Introduce yourself 2 30th May 2009 15:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks