Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 15:18   #586
BHPian
 
sraye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 93
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

I would second what Funkyp has said. Reading this thread gives me an idea of the information( rumours?) given out by dealers across India. Time will tell what information was genuine and what was guesswork. If nothing else, it at least will let me know which dealers are "in the know" for future reference.

I think once the official prices are released, the thread can be locked and the discussions will move to the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ers-deals.html (The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals) as it happened for the Honda City thread.
sraye is offline  
Old 9th August 2011, 15:34   #587
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 66
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Guys just now received a call from sundaram honda.ASM is sure that car is getting launched on Aug 18th.

He is not sure of how many variants or what are the new features .Only detail that he gave was that the new pricing is going to be "VERY" aggressive and OTR price will be between 7-7.5 L.
Wall-e is offline  
Old 9th August 2011, 16:14   #588
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MADRAS
Posts: 578
Thanked: 170 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Aahhh!!! We are back to square one. One day we get a scoop the cost would be around 6Lacs and the very next day back to 7.5Lacs.

My wife received an SMS from a ASM @ Sundaram and he had mentioned that the launch would be on or after 18th and to book now or else there would be no stock.

Does this mean, as my ASM said, very limited stock to arrive. But the number told by them is shocking. 20 in quantity.
dre@ms is offline  
Old 9th August 2011, 16:22   #589
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 456
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Aahhh!!! We are back to square one. One day we get a scoop the cost would be around 6Lacs and the very next day back to 7.5Lacs.
I think both news are about the same. The 6 lakhs price was ex-showroom i am sure for the base model which will translate to a 6.8 kind of figure OTR in mumbai. The 7.5 quoted is OTR for the higher end version.

I dont understand the logic of dealers getting very small quantities of the new jazz. i think its just the dealers was to get bookings.
funkyp is offline  
Old 9th August 2011, 19:16   #590
BHPian
 
lavish_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BLR
Posts: 81
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Hey! since we are in same boat, Jazz AT or ANHC AT, mind teaming up? Read in the other new car price thread that teaming up gets us better deals.
Unfortunately both of us cannot PM. Any idea on how we can team up if you are interested?
Count me in Mate! I plan to buy the car from Mumbai.
The latest quote doesn't favor Jazz coming with AT/CVT
lavish_n is offline  
Old 9th August 2011, 22:33   #591
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 161
Thanked: 109 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Guys just now received a call from sundaram honda.ASM is sure that car is getting launched on Aug 18th.

He is not sure of how many variants or what are the new features .Only detail that he gave was that the new pricing is going to be "VERY" aggressive and OTR price will be between 7-7.5 L.
Not sure how many people will consider 7-7.5 VERY aggressive for a hatch. Most would think they can instead go for a sedan at almost the same price or paying a few bucks more.
Many do not realize that Jazz falls in a different category, providing Sedan class interiors and class with a hatch form factor/exterior size. So I do not expect Honda to have a run away success with this again. i20 will continue to rule I guess.
Bh.P is offline  
Old 10th August 2011, 07:06   #592
Senior - BHPian
 
rohanjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 1,190
Thanked: 684 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Many do not realize that Jazz falls in a different category, providing Sedan class interiors and class with a hatch form factor/exterior size.
I agree. Every time I look at it, I feel if it had a little more ground clearance, it could have been a mini Innova. But I don't think Honda wants to place it that way. The ads always conveyed the message that it is a premium car (which means exterior looks and interior quality, and possibly a powerful engine - there is no denying of the fact that it is the most powerful "small car" petrol engine available), and never emphasized on its interior space compared to sedans of its price.
rohanjf is offline  
Old 10th August 2011, 09:27   #593
BHPian
 
sraye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 93
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Not sure how many people will consider 7-7.5 VERY aggressive for a hatch. Most would think they can instead go for a sedan at almost the same price or paying a few bucks more.
Many do not realize that Jazz falls in a different category, providing Sedan class interiors and class with a hatch form factor/exterior size. So I do not expect Honda to have a run away success with this again. i20 will continue to rule I guess.
The 1.2 Asta with Bluetooth i20 has an OTR price of 6.85 in Mumbai. Considering this, an OTR of 7 for the Jazz is competitive. I dont mind a 15K premium for what I consider a bigger/better hatch. The confusion comes in when we enter the price range of 7.5 ,as then one would just need to pay about a lakh more to buy the EMT City

Last edited by sraye : 10th August 2011 at 09:30. Reason: needed to reword comparison to City.
sraye is offline  
Old 10th August 2011, 10:16   #594
BHPian
 
lavish_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BLR
Posts: 81
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
The 1.2 Asta with Bluetooth i20 has an OTR price of 6.85 in Mumbai. Considering this, an OTR of 7 for the Jazz is competitive. I dont mind a 15K premium for what I consider a bigger/better hatch.
+1.
15K comparability to get Honda reliability is nothing. In addition to the interior space which is the best in Hatch segment.
lavish_n is offline  
Old 10th August 2011, 10:22   #595
BHPian
 
lavish_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BLR
Posts: 81
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I agree. Every time I look at it, I feel if it had a little more ground clearance, it could have been a mini Innova.
Jazz & City has similar GC, however Jazz as 50mm shorter wheelbase & stiffer suspension. There would be a tad difference due to which it might not scrape the bottom on all instances compared to City.
Having said that, in a city like BLR, I have seen the bottom/running boards of Innova scraped
lavish_n is offline  
Old 10th August 2011, 11:17   #596
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 161
Thanked: 109 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
The 1.2 Asta with Bluetooth i20 has an OTR price of 6.85 in Mumbai. Considering this, an OTR of 7 for the Jazz is competitive. I dont mind a 15K premium for what I consider a bigger/better hatch. The confusion comes in when we enter the price range of 7.5 ,as then one would just need to pay about a lakh more to buy the EMT City
This is a comparison with the top end of i20 vs entry level of Jazz. So people make start comparing the features here. Even for i20, I see very few Astas on road, while the lower end models are aplenty. People probably prefer a sedan to a i20 Asta. In any case, I personally feel Jazz is an excellent car and deserves a premium (though not the premium they wanted with the earlier pricing).
Bh.P is offline  
Old 10th August 2011, 13:05   #597
BHPian
 
sraye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 93
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
This is a comparison with the top end of i20 vs entry level of Jazz. So people make start comparing the features here. Even for i20, I see very few Astas on road, while the lower end models are aplenty. People probably prefer a sedan to a i20 Asta. In any case, I personally feel Jazz is an excellent car and deserves a premium (though not the premium they wanted with the earlier pricing).
Yes, you are right. I took the top end model of the i20 to the Jazz to factor in ABS/Airbags for a fairer comparison. But yes, purchase decisions are an individual choice and features considered indispensable by one might not be for another.
with you that the premium expected as per the earlier pricing was too high.

Update:

Just got a call from Crystal Honda, Pune. ASM very sure that the official launch is on 16th . Others news is the same as others have posted. Price is now being quoted at 7.25 to 7.5.

Last edited by sraye : 10th August 2011 at 13:29. Reason: Update from dealer
sraye is offline  
Old 10th August 2011, 13:45   #598
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MADRAS
Posts: 578
Thanked: 170 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

@sraye
Buddy, did you enquire whether the quoted price is ex-showroom or OTR? And for which variant?
dre@ms is offline  
Old 10th August 2011, 14:24   #599
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

I hope they price sensibly else another Jazz remains a dud.

Honda is also slipping bad in the US market. Not one of its models, is among the top 10 models for July.

Here's the link -

The 25 Best-Selling Vehicles Through July | The Truth About Cars

Cheers
sahakar is offline  
Old 10th August 2011, 14:41   #600
BHPian
 
sraye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 93
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
@sraye
Buddy, did you enquire whether the quoted price is ex-showroom or OTR? And for which variant?
These are OTR prices. As per the ASM there will be 2 variants - Jazz Select and Jazz-X. However, when asked about the difference between the variants he did not sound too confident.
sraye is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai to launch luxury sedan "Genesis" in Europe EDIT: Mulls Indian launch as well mints21 The International Automotive Scene 19 4th November 2015 18:34
Piaggio slashes Vespa price by Rs. 6.5 - 7k sam.666 Motorbikes 16 19th March 2013 14:00
Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000! GTO The Indian Car Scene 508 31st July 2011 12:04
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
Well Well Well keralshobhit Introduce yourself 2 30th May 2009 15:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks