Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th July 2011, 11:27   #1
BHPian

Default Mercedes Benz Owned Vehicles for Sale

Mercedes Benz Owned vehicles are available for sale. The advertisement that appeared in todays TOI is enclosed. Even individuals can quote.

Mercedes Benz Owned Vehicles for Sale-getimage.png

Last edited by aquavelva : 15th July 2011 at 11:40. Reason: Attachment Changed
aquavelva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 12:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes Benz Owned Vehicles for Sale

Are they test drivce vehicles or used by their employees? In Bangalore, few months back Audi advertised similar sale but they were demo cars and the price difference was not very much.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 15:54   #3
BHPian

They are most probably company owned vehicles used by the employees. The price has to be quoted through sealed tender hence, no fixed price / minimum price has been mentioned.
aquavelva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 22:56   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If anyone is interested in these cars, be sure to verify that the chosen car is NOT a press / media drive vehicle. Trust me, you don't want to buy a vehicle that has been driven by multiple journos for their tests.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 11:41   #5
BHPian

My dad wants a R350 real bad, Thanks for the post hoepfully it will be at a good price.
i<3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 14:00   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If anyone is interested in these cars, be sure to verify that the chosen car is NOT a press / media drive vehicle. Trust me, you don't want to buy a vehicle that has been driven by multiple journos for their tests.
Including you?

Just kidding- that is a valuable bit of advice. When you consider the number of threads on TBHP/reports in the newspaper about how authorised dealers gypp customers out of their hard earned money by palming off old or used vehcles onto them, Caveat Emptor is the way to go!

The advert mentions "inspection" of the vehicles, but what about test drives? At least I would never buy a vehicle, especially used, without a proper TD.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote