Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th August 2011, 10:13   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Spotted 3 Mitsubishi Outlanders for ARAI testing. What's cooking?

Possibly an Engine upgrade for the cedia or some additional safety features - 6 airbags or 4wd??

Let us wait & see.

Sridhar
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 09:16   #17
BHPian

Sept. issue of Overdrive has a news item that 7 seater Outlander will be launched by year end. So 1 down 2 to go - possibly a diesel model & a lower capacity petrol engine?

Let us hope the idiots at HM get their act together & bring in the RVR.
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 10:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Possibly an Engine upgrade for the cedia or some additional safety features - 6 airbags or 4wd??

Let us wait & see.

Sridhar

IMO both Cedia and Outlander need a good diesel heart for picking up sales.

Outlander is very good,well loaded and capable vehicle but plagued by a petrol powerplant(rising fuel prices). A 2.2L diesel and a smaller petrol(Cedia's 2.0L?) would do wonders. A price cut would be the icing on the cake
ashis89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 19:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

any chance of a Diesel here?
if so that will be well worth buying.
the driving dynamics of the OUtlander are OUtstanding - from an SUV perspective. I would rate it as good as the Top Spec new version Auto Transmission Subaru Forester that I drove recently while abroad.
But while even the Forester is a super vehicle, being petrol driven it may not do so well here in India if they decide to bring it in.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 21:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
But while even the Forester is a super vehicle, being petrol driven it may not do so well here in India if they decide to bring it in.
Forester does have diesel boxer engine option now. It may not be popular in the USA. But chances of Forester making to India is very bleak as now it is owned by Toyota and not GM.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 01:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
any chance of a Diesel here?
if so that will be well worth buying.
the driving dynamics of the OUtlander are OUtstanding - from an SUV perspective. I would rate it as good as the Top Spec new version Auto Transmission Subaru Forester that I drove recently while abroad.
Chevy used to sell Forrester in India. They stopped selling it because it didn't do well. Also later Toyota bought GM's stake in Subaru.

However, Outlander diesel would be an awesome car to drive. It has great driving dynamics and amazing ride quality. Somehow both Pajero and Outlander have this combo of ride and handling that no one else has.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 06:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

I know there is a diesel option for the Forester - atleast in Europe.
It is interesting to know that Toyota owns it and not GM. Yes, Toyota will take ages as always to bring anything new into India. Irritating people - I dont have the patience to await their pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Forester does have diesel boxer engine option now. It may not be popular in the USA. But chances of Forester making to India is very bleak as now it is owned by Toyota and not GM.
Old 9th September 2011, 06:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

i used to love that old Forester when it was sold in India but its sticker price of 13 lacs was too high. also it was a petrol vehicle with rather terrible FE. It was ahead of its time and like many others it flopped here.
But I didnt know toyota had acquired Subaru.
in a way thats good because I like Subaru as a brand and they are very good cars. But in another way it is a pain because stupid Toyota wont bring new and nice things quickly into India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Chevy used to sell Forrester in India. They stopped selling it because it didn't do well. Also later Toyota bought GM's stake in Subaru.

However, Outlander diesel would be an awesome car to drive. It has great driving dynamics and amazing ride quality. Somehow both Pajero and Outlander have this combo of ride and handling that no one else has.