Old 13th February 2006, 12:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Looks good from outside..!!!!

Aveo Sedan

Aveo hatch

kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 14:26   #17
Team-BHP Support

Fiestas are actually very anonymous looking vehicle. Its very easy to miss them. In fact I think the white ones are the easiest to miss. They just get lost in the crowd of all those white cars on the road (Ambys, Indica cabs, Qualises etc).

Hey, by the way, these latest photos of Aveo... are you sure they are indeed Aveo photos? I mean they look very different from those posted at the bottom of this page. The ones at the bottom, frankly speaking, do not look so good to me. Somehow, seem to sport a botched nose look. As if they started building the car from the middle thinking of a sedan and then by the time they reached the ends all of a sudden felt that it has to have a smaller size (being a C segmenter). If the top two photos are indeed Aveo I think it looks absolutely sexy. And the hatch looks yummily Yankee
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 14:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Fiestas are actually very anonymous looking vehicle. Its very easy to miss them. In fact I think the white ones are the easiest to miss. They just get lost in the crowd of all those white cars on the road (Ambys, Indica cabs, Qualises etc).

Haven't seen too many whites so far here, have seen Platinum, Jewel Violet and, of course, quite a few Moondust Silvers.

But, a white Fiesta getting mixed up in a crowd of Ambys, Indicas or Qualises.................. come on Zappo!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 15:04   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Talk about S-I-L-E-N-C-E. I wasnt even aware that the Aveo has been launched. Funny thing....I just called a Mumbai dealer, and the sales rep wasnt aware either

GM ought to learn a thing or two about creating hype around new launches from Maruti (Swift)

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 15:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I see Aveo Sedan was launched in India yesterday, refer 4th page of today's Times of India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsreekaranrao
The company will announce the price of the vehicle after the Union budget.
What launch without a price???????????????

@ v1p3r - Apparently the FIesta DOES have sales. See HERE

However, Ford has about 9000 bookings for the FIesta and we know what happens when booking numbers get translated into real sales, while Honda is still selling about 2500 Citys per month. In the two months since the Fiesta has launched, they have already sold 5000...so that booking figure is quite meaningless.

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th February 2006 at 15:14.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 15:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Talking about Fiesta, i have seen a lot of them already on Delhi roads.. mainly the tourist taxi operators and hotels are going for white TDCis.. they are very very easy to miss... thats why some people are questioning sales..
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 15:40   #22
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
What launch without a price???????????????
Hey i think initially GM had stated that price range would be around 5L..and i think it would be a 1.4L engine..correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Turbofreak
turbofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 16:01   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Haven't seen too many whites so far here, have seen Platinum, Jewel Violet and, of course, quite a few Moondust Silvers.

But, a white Fiesta getting mixed up in a crowd of Ambys, Indicas or Qualises.................. come on Zappo!
As DCEite also corroborates... it is indeed very easy to miss them Suman. I do not mean that Fiesta looks like Ambys or Qualises, LOL... For that matter none of them look like the other.

What I meant was that when the road is so full with white colored vehicles by the drove (and Indicabs, Ambys and Qualises, all white in color, are running amock everywhere) and a white Fiesta passes by it does not register on your senses immediately. That has to do with the pretty non-descript looks of the car. It has nothing very distinctive in looks department to register it as a newly launched vehicle.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 16:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As DCEite also corroborates... it is indeed very easy to miss them Suman. I do not mean that Fiesta looks like Ambys or Qualises, LOL... For that matter none of them look like the other.

What I meant was that when the road is so full with white colored vehicles by the drove (and Indicabs, Ambys and Qualises, all white in color, are running amock everywhere) and a white Fiesta passes by it does not register on your senses immediately. That has to do with the pretty non-descript looks of the car. It has nothing very distinctive in looks department to register it as a newly launched vehicle.
Point taken & I wasn't aware that Hotels & travel agencies were going in for the Fiesta in a big way which is probably why I haven't noticed too many white ones!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 16:53   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
Talking about Fiesta, i have seen a lot of them already on Delhi roads.. mainly the tourist taxi operators and hotels are going for white TDCis.. they are very very easy to miss... thats why some people are questioning sales..
Agreed, white and silver cars are very easy to miss, but i do have a keen eye for cars
I havent even noticed any white Fiesta with a yellow number-plate, or even a single one on the Noida or Gurgaon route - where have all these fiestas disappeared ??

And I thought tourist taxi operators used to like Ikons and Lancers, besides the fleet of Indigos - since when did Fiesta become their new favourite ?

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 13th February 2006 at 16:54.
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 17:02   #26
BHPian

hey mods - could you take out most of the off-topic posts from this one into a new thread titled "Mystery of the Missing Fiestas"
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 19:41   #27

hi guys
I think the Aveo is really good.

any idea on the price??
fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 19:59   #28
BHPian

Off Topic again. As per Auto Car India February issue, City ZX is in the top 10 cars list at position 8 with a sales figure of 3766 cars sold in Dec '05. At 10th position is Innova (yes!) selling 3042 cars. Remember that these numbers do not include the cars that were sold out of dealer's inventory. (Not that it is applicable for City ZX but holds good for Innova which actually sold over 4500 cars in that month.)

As for the topic, the new Chevy's do not evoke any enthusiasm, atleast for me.

As for Fiesta, unless it is of that (horrible) Orange or (still worse) Violet, you cannot spot it.
pmbabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 20:11   #29
BHPian

Ha ha ha.. While you guys are trying to figure out the number of Fiesta's on the road, see this link: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1003&refsect=

Chevy and Ford fighting to claim their spot in the US !
pmbabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2006, 20:41   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hey, by the way, these latest photos of Aveo... are you sure they are indeed Aveo photos? I mean they look very different from those posted at the bottom of this page. The ones at the bottom, frankly speaking, do not look so good to me. Somehow, seem to sport a botched nose look
THe photos that KPZen posted are the Type1 Aveo, There has been an refresh since then the correct photos are in post#2.

I agree the launch has been very poor and has made zero impact. Must have to do with the fact that pricing was not announced. They have mentioned that pricing will be announced after the budget comes out.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote