Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 27th January 2012, 22:48   #16
BHPian

Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The 35 lakh price tag is realistic as it's bang-on with the pricing of the 520d.
Not really. I mentioned that the jag 3 litre is priced at 54lakhs, which is the On-road price. Similarly, the on-road price of the 520d is 43lakhs. Which is why I was wondering that the 35lakhs on road price seems unbelievable. Apologies for any confusion caused.
Old 27th January 2012, 23:22   #17
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Post Deleted. Typing a message which is entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Amartya : 28th January 2012 at 12:28. Reason: Tata service levels have nothing to do with Jaguar.Please avoid off-topic posts,usually this attracts an infraction.
Old 28th January 2012, 00:02   #18
BHPian

Although this brand is owned by tatas, you cannot discredit the brand which is known for its style and finess for so many years. Even though it's ownership is in hands of Tata, it's only the financial part of the organisation. It is still operated out of Uk and will retain its brand value and product quality. The land Rovers and jags still continue to hold the same emotion in people world wide. Buying JLR was a business decision for TATa and they are fully aware of the brand essence of these vehicles. Intact instead of degrading the JLR vehicles, Tata is trying to up the quality of their own brands by implementing new acquired technology in Tata brand cars.
Coming back to main topic, It is quite possible to price the car at that price point. The factors mentioned In the article are jut fractions of changes that can be made. The gear box is different, the engine is different which signify a lot of cost reduction plus there will be a lot of small change like the technology used in the engines and suspensions etc which might be different ad will be able to pull the cost Down
subodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh
Although this brand is owned by tatas, you cannot discredit the brand which is known for its style and finess for so many years. Even though it's ownership is in hands of Tata, it's only the financial part of the organisation. It is still operated out of Uk and will retain its brand value and product quality. The land Rovers and jags still continue to hold the same emotion in people world wide. Buying JLR was a business decision for TATa and they are fully aware of the brand essence of these vehicles. Intact instead of degrading the JLR vehicles, Tata is trying to up the quality of their own brands by implementing new acquired technology in Tata brand cars.
Coming back to main topic, It is quite possible to price the car at that price point. The factors mentioned In the article are jut fractions of changes that can be made. The gear box is different, the engine is different which signify a lot of cost reduction plus there will be a lot of small change like the technology used in the engines and suspensions etc which might be different ad will be able to pull the cost Down
The greatest thing here is that the Tata's have saved those brands from the brink of disaster and in itself, that is commendable. At least the future generations are not deprived of such icons!
It would indeed be excellent if the knowledge transfer takes place as intended and our own indigenous Tata's vehicles benefit by the same because ultimately it is the consumer who wins!
I love both those brands and I deeply respect the ethics of the Tatas. I think it is a great combination overall. Now it is for the commercial side of the business to work well!
Old 4th February 2012, 02:38   #20
BHPian

Any updates by when can we expect 2.2 XF to actually be launched??
Pricing is a secondary concern , its the date I am more interested in knowing about.
Old 4th February 2012, 20:28   #21
BHPian

Is the evoque going the CKD way anytime soon? If it did then it would make for a very attractive proposition. The pure variant for around 40-45L would be just awesome!
Old 22nd March 2012, 16:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
Is the evoque going the CKD way anytime soon? If it did then it would make for a very attractive proposition. The pure variant for around 40-45L would be just awesome!
The evoque has a waiting list world over. JLR just cant make them fast enough While there are production expansion plans in the UK, there is nothing lined up for India. I dont think there are chances for it to come in ckd for a year atleast.
Old 23rd March 2012, 14:53   #23
BHPian

I just confirmed with my cousin, who is a component supplier to JLR, that they hav'nt started any work on plans to manufacture the XF in CKD form. He says it will still take atleast 2 years for the CKD version to hit indian roads.

Maybe JLR just intends to price the 2.2 engine very competitively like BMW has done with its 520 D even though it is a CBU hence the rumours.
Old 11th April 2012, 09:28   #24
BHPian

Since it has been some time since the XF Diesel 3.0 Litre engine has hit the roads, any ownership comments would be really welcome. I believe there are quite a few which have been sold in Bangalore/Karnataka. The on-road price tag should be closer to 2 times of what the title of the post suggests.
Old 11th April 2012, 09:47   #25
BHPian

Went to the Jag showroom with a friend who wants to buy one and the cheapest car they have on offer is for 64L on road !!! Thats nowhere close to 35L ?
Old 11th April 2012, 11:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

A close friend has bought the new XF-S and its 60 odd lakhs on road Mumbai. The company representative told him the 2.2 diesel would be coming soon and that is estimated to be around the 40 lakh mark on road Mumbai.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:07   #27
BHPian

Just got a call from the Jaguar Pune dealer this morning. They have launched the CKD version of the 3.0 XF diesel at 51 lacs ex-showroom. Does'nt seem that attractive a price to me. Still a big gap from rivals like Audi, BMW and Mercedes. No news on the 2 litre engine yet.
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 14:12   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Just got a call from the Jaguar Pune dealer this morning. They have launched the CKD version of the 3.0 XF diesel at 51 lacs ex-showroom. Does'nt seem that attractive a price to me. Still a big gap from rivals like Audi, BMW and Mercedes. No news on the 2 litre engine yet.
Big gap? Isn't the 530d around 50 ex showroom too? And the E class around 47? This is certainly cheaper than the A6 3.0tdi.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 9th November 2012 at 14:14.
Old 9th November 2012, 15:09   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Big gap? Isn't the 530d around 50 ex showroom too? And the E class around 47? This is certainly cheaper than the A6 3.0tdi.
They're all around 46 - 47 lacs ex-showroom, which is still a difference of 4 - 5 lacs or 10%. What's more merc and bmw also indulging in heavy discounting on these prices - which jaguar does not do. So the difference then is quite big.
Old 9th November 2012, 15:15   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
They're all around 46 - 47 lacs ex-showroom, which is still a difference of 4 - 5 lacs or 10%. What's more merc and bmw also indulging in heavy discounting on these prices - which jaguar does not do. So the difference then is quite big.
I think the 530d is a tad bit more, though the A6 3.0tdi base price is 48 and with options its 55 ex showroom. I think anyway Jag wants to position themselves at a price point above the German trio. But member Cityvic was telling me in Calcutta Jag was offering a 7l discount on the XF bringing it to 43l ex showroom.
Closed Thread