Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2012, 22:48   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hyderabad, New Delhi
Posts: 120
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The 35 lakh price tag is realistic as it's bang-on with the pricing of the 520d.
Not really. I mentioned that the jag 3 litre is priced at 54lakhs, which is the On-road price. Similarly, the on-road price of the 520d is 43lakhs. Which is why I was wondering that the 35lakhs on road price seems unbelievable. Apologies for any confusion caused.
rowhun is offline  
Old 27th January 2012, 23:22   #17
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 947
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Post Deleted. Typing a message which is entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Amartya : 28th January 2012 at 12:28. Reason: Tata service levels have nothing to do with Jaguar.Please avoid off-topic posts,usually this attracts an infraction.
drpullockaran is offline  
Old 28th January 2012, 00:02   #18
BHPian
 
subodh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 211
Thanked: 130 Times
Default

Although this brand is owned by tatas, you cannot discredit the brand which is known for its style and finess for so many years. Even though it's ownership is in hands of Tata, it's only the financial part of the organisation. It is still operated out of Uk and will retain its brand value and product quality. The land Rovers and jags still continue to hold the same emotion in people world wide. Buying JLR was a business decision for TATa and they are fully aware of the brand essence of these vehicles. Intact instead of degrading the JLR vehicles, Tata is trying to up the quality of their own brands by implementing new acquired technology in Tata brand cars.
Coming back to main topic, It is quite possible to price the car at that price point. The factors mentioned In the article are jut fractions of changes that can be made. The gear box is different, the engine is different which signify a lot of cost reduction plus there will be a lot of small change like the technology used in the engines and suspensions etc which might be different ad will be able to pull the cost Down
subodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:04   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh
Although this brand is owned by tatas, you cannot discredit the brand which is known for its style and finess for so many years. Even though it's ownership is in hands of Tata, it's only the financial part of the organisation. It is still operated out of Uk and will retain its brand value and product quality. The land Rovers and jags still continue to hold the same emotion in people world wide. Buying JLR was a business decision for TATa and they are fully aware of the brand essence of these vehicles. Intact instead of degrading the JLR vehicles, Tata is trying to up the quality of their own brands by implementing new acquired technology in Tata brand cars.
Coming back to main topic, It is quite possible to price the car at that price point. The factors mentioned In the article are jut fractions of changes that can be made. The gear box is different, the engine is different which signify a lot of cost reduction plus there will be a lot of small change like the technology used in the engines and suspensions etc which might be different ad will be able to pull the cost Down
The greatest thing here is that the Tata's have saved those brands from the brink of disaster and in itself, that is commendable. At least the future generations are not deprived of such icons!
It would indeed be excellent if the knowledge transfer takes place as intended and our own indigenous Tata's vehicles benefit by the same because ultimately it is the consumer who wins!
I love both those brands and I deeply respect the ethics of the Tatas. I think it is a great combination overall. Now it is for the commercial side of the business to work well!
shankar.balan is offline  
Old 4th February 2012, 02:38   #20
BHPian
 
kaks15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Delhi/NCR
Posts: 173
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

Any updates by when can we expect 2.2 XF to actually be launched??
Pricing is a secondary concern , its the date I am more interested in knowing about.
kaks15 is offline  
Old 4th February 2012, 20:28   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 187
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Is the evoque going the CKD way anytime soon? If it did then it would make for a very attractive proposition. The pure variant for around 40-45L would be just awesome!
HKap is offline  
Old 22nd March 2012, 16:13   #22
BHPian
 
manishk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 351
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
Is the evoque going the CKD way anytime soon? If it did then it would make for a very attractive proposition. The pure variant for around 40-45L would be just awesome!
The evoque has a waiting list world over. JLR just cant make them fast enough While there are production expansion plans in the UK, there is nothing lined up for India. I dont think there are chances for it to come in ckd for a year atleast.
manishk123 is offline  
Old 23rd March 2012, 14:53   #23
BHPian
 
manishk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 351
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

I just confirmed with my cousin, who is a component supplier to JLR, that they hav'nt started any work on plans to manufacture the XF in CKD form. He says it will still take atleast 2 years for the CKD version to hit indian roads.

Maybe JLR just intends to price the 2.2 engine very competitively like BMW has done with its 520 D even though it is a CBU hence the rumours.
manishk123 is offline  
Old 11th April 2012, 09:28   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 55
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

Since it has been some time since the XF Diesel 3.0 Litre engine has hit the roads, any ownership comments would be really welcome. I believe there are quite a few which have been sold in Bangalore/Karnataka. The on-road price tag should be closer to 2 times of what the title of the post suggests.
root is offline  
Old 11th April 2012, 09:47   #25
BHPian
 
nik_kapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 991
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

Went to the Jag showroom with a friend who wants to buy one and the cheapest car they have on offer is for 64L on road !!! Thats nowhere close to 35L ?
nik_kapur is offline  
Old 11th April 2012, 11:54   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

A close friend has bought the new XF-S and its 60 odd lakhs on road Mumbai. The company representative told him the 2.2 diesel would be coming soon and that is estimated to be around the 40 lakh mark on road Mumbai.
speedy is offline  
Old 9th November 2012, 14:07   #27
BHPian
 
manishk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 351
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

Just got a call from the Jaguar Pune dealer this morning. They have launched the CKD version of the 3.0 XF diesel at 51 lacs ex-showroom. Does'nt seem that attractive a price to me. Still a big gap from rivals like Audi, BMW and Mercedes. No news on the 2 litre engine yet.
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 14:12   #28
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Just got a call from the Jaguar Pune dealer this morning. They have launched the CKD version of the 3.0 XF diesel at 51 lacs ex-showroom. Does'nt seem that attractive a price to me. Still a big gap from rivals like Audi, BMW and Mercedes. No news on the 2 litre engine yet.
Big gap? Isn't the 530d around 50 ex showroom too? And the E class around 47? This is certainly cheaper than the A6 3.0tdi.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 9th November 2012 at 14:14.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 9th November 2012, 15:09   #29
BHPian
 
manishk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 351
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Big gap? Isn't the 530d around 50 ex showroom too? And the E class around 47? This is certainly cheaper than the A6 3.0tdi.
They're all around 46 - 47 lacs ex-showroom, which is still a difference of 4 - 5 lacs or 10%. What's more merc and bmw also indulging in heavy discounting on these prices - which jaguar does not do. So the difference then is quite big.
manishk123 is offline  
Old 9th November 2012, 15:15   #30
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default Re: New Jaguar XF Diesel only 35 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
They're all around 46 - 47 lacs ex-showroom, which is still a difference of 4 - 5 lacs or 10%. What's more merc and bmw also indulging in heavy discounting on these prices - which jaguar does not do. So the difference then is quite big.
I think the 530d is a tad bit more, though the A6 3.0tdi base price is 48 and with options its 55 ex showroom. I think anyway Jag wants to position themselves at a price point above the German trio. But member Cityvic was telling me in Calcutta Jag was offering a 7l discount on the XF bringing it to 43l ex showroom.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jaguar launches locally manufactured XJ @ 92.1 lakhs sarathlal The Indian Car Scene 33 17th September 2014 10:09
Jaguar launches India-Assembled XF @ 44.5 lakhs GTO The Indian Car Scene 9 6th January 2014 14:26
Future Perfect! China-only/Sedan-only car Brands SankalpDesai The International Automotive Scene 1 8th August 2012 16:52
100 BHP+ Diesel Sedan under 10 lakhs - Booked Verna CRDI SX (ABS), now under 9 lakhs newcoolgadgets Sedans 84 16th September 2009 21:28
Bird watching....but only the feathered kind only Perez Travelogues 9 1st April 2009 12:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks