Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 9th May 2012, 20:22   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Cruze Updates in pipeline: EDIT: Launched with new engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
That is some good lower end grunt, with max torque available at much lower RPM, the driveability of this car will go up a couple of notches.
Old 9th May 2012, 23:51   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee tweets: "For all of you asking face-lifted Cruze coming in June".

With even more power and improved driveability, it should be an Indian flavored American muscle car.
Hormazds information is normally authentic and im pretty sure the updated Cruze will arrive in June.
Old 10th May 2012, 17:36   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Please add better brakes - ones that don't need change of brake pads every 20k kms. There are a few threads on tbhp already and a friend of mine is cribbing about the pads wearing out soon too.
While what you say is largerly true. It also depends on how you drive the car. I am not a slow driver by any means and currently at 27,000kms my Cruze brake pads are far from any need for replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
I just took the delivery of a new Cruze on 5th May. I was categorically told by the GM officials and unofficially by the friends who work at GM Labs in Whitefield/Bangalore that there is no updates for Cruze anytime soon. They are very busy with Sail and the new MPV launches.
This is an interesting piece of news which is in contrary to news article. Let me also find out from my dealer about the new cruze. Will report back soon.
Old 28th May 2012, 23:11   #109
BHPian

The New Cruze showcased in Korea-

Chevrolet Cruze facelift showcased in Busan

I love the new infotainment system. Im sure it will make it to India since the Corolla, Jetta, Laura all offer touchscreen systems.
Old 1st June 2012, 08:52   #110
Senior - BHPian

Almost a year after this thread started, Chevy is gearing up for the release of the facelifted Cruze. Zigwheels has carried out a report on the same:

Revamped Chevrolet Cruze unveiled at 2012 Busan Motor Show| Zigwheels.com

Quote:
Chevrolet has taken the wraps off the much awaited face-lifted Cruze at the 2012 Busan Motor Show in South Korea. Styling changes include a redesigned front bumper with horizontal slats on the grille, bumper sporting a bigger air intake, triangular fog lamp housings and new alloy wheels.

On the inside, there are restyled air vents, a more comfortable rear seat, and 7-inch MyLink infotainment system with a high resolution touch screen display that lets you play movies, music and browse photos from a USB drive. The face-lifted Cruze is the first Chevrolet in South Korea to feature the MyLink infotainment system. The car is also likely to get a new audio unit.

Under the bonnet, the 2.0-litre VCDi engine has been retuned to churn out 163PS of power and 357Nm of torque. (The current Chevrolet Cruze in India develops 150PS of power and 323Nm of torque.) Turbo boost pressure has been raised from 2 bar to 2.2 bar, this should bring down the 0-100km/h time of 9.6 seconds further.

The updated Chevy Cruze is rumoured to hit the Indian market by the July 2012.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 09:58   #111
BHPian

Name:  mazda3sedan05.jpg
Views: 1987
Size:  54.7 KB

Those Fog housing looks a rip off from the Mazda 3. Their vertical theme doesn't go well with the rest of the car. They must have played safe by sticking to some conservative alterations. The grill is kinda, uncool. Wish they fixed those weak tail light design instead.

Name:  2011HoldenCruzeSeriesIISRIV01.jpg
Views: 1980
Size:  56.4 KB
Name:  Cruze_SRiV_0681625x416.jpg
Views: 2097
Size:  59.3 KB

P.S Look out,the interiors is now bald headed.
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 12:33   #112
BHPian

Heres a clear shot of the Interior with the new My Link Infotainment...

(Source- Motoroids)
Attached Images

nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 14:33   #113
BHPian

Review of Chevy MyLink. It's the same unit that goes into the North American Spark(Beat).
Eminenttismo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 13:35   #114
BHPian

I have a doubt about the new engine rumours!!
Umm, if the reports are true and Chevy is bringing in the New Z series engine in the Cruze, then don't they have to test it in India and provide some data to ARAI?
I don't know the any formalities that are to be followed. I was just wondering why no New Cruzes have been caught testing.
Old 6th June 2012, 14:27   #115
Senior - BHPian

I maybe wrong but I think they are homologating it within the Captiva refresh first.

Once they have completed the ARAI formalities, they may be able to plonk the engine into the Cruze without detailed additional testing (apart from mileage testing)?
Old 6th June 2012, 15:12   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I maybe wrong but I think they are homologating it within the Captiva refresh first.

Once they have completed the ARAI formalities, they may be able to plonk the engine into the Cruze without detailed additional testing (apart from mileage testing)?
The Engines rumoured for Cruze and Captiva are Different. Captiva is coming with a 2.2 litre 184bhp engine. Cruze is rumoured have the Spanking new Z series 1997cc 163bhp DOHC engine.

Taking into account the games with words that the auto-websites are playing, My guess is that the facelift is only coming with a RETUNED version of the same engine with a bump in power and torque. Possible??

Last edited by rangakishen : 6th June 2012 at 15:16.
Old 6th June 2012, 15:57   #117
Senior - BHPian

Oops! I thought the Z Series engine was planned in the 163 & 184 bhp states of tune. Did not know that they are 2 completely different engines.

As you mention, looks unlikely for Chevy India to ditch the existing tried and tested 2.0 148bhp one. Its output is at the top of its class (Cruze at least), has proved itself comprehensively in India and meets Euro4. Neither is the Cruze exported to Euro5 countries.

There is no burning reason to upgrade to the Z AS WELL AS spend on the 184bhp 2.2 for the Captiva! Sounds like a pretty costly exercise for Chevy India. Wonder why?
Old 6th June 2012, 23:35   #118
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
My guess is that the facelift is only coming with a RETUNED version of the same engine with a bump in power and torque. Possible??
I don't think it is possible. There no retuned version of this engine is offered by GM anywhere in the world except for Irmscher edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
As you mention, looks unlikely for Chevy India to ditch the existing tried and tested 2.0 148bhp one. Its output is at the top of its class (Cruze at least), has proved itself comprehensively in India and meets Euro4.
Even though engine makes the highest output, the fuel efficiency and drivability is nowhere near to its segment rivals. That can be a reason.
Old 15th June 2012, 00:51   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb
I don't think it is possible. There no retuned version of this engine is offered by GM anywhere in the world except for Irmscher edition

Even though engine makes the highest output, the fuel efficiency and drivability is nowhere near to its segment rivals. That can be a reason.
As per the latest information received from a Chevrolet dealer(s) in Delhi last weekend - the upgraded Cruze has an expected launch date of 20 June. And the only upgrade being offered is the better performing engine. Rest all remains same. I think this time the launch date news is correct and so is the upgrade details. In any case 20 June is right around the corner so we shall get to know.

Also very interestingly the sales representative told me that the brake pads need to be replace at the earliest of 40000 km. Absolutely contrary to the post here where several owners claim to have got their brake pads replaced at as early as 15000 km. In fact the sales representative was completely surprised when I told him the 15000 user experience. And I am not trying to take sides here, but this sales guy seemed to give an honest assessment for the Cruze- highlighting the drawbacks such as poor quality tyres. But then again the experts at Team Bhp provide the most accurate information.

Will wait till the 20th.

Drive safe.
kch82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 15:52   #120
BHPian

It would be interesting to see if Cruze launches with 2 engine options.

1. The 163 bhp 360 NM monster could be the halo car of the segment

2. HOWEVER, my pick would be the 1.7 L VCDI 130 bhp 300 NM version which was launched last month in the UK. Chevrolet could price it a lakh lower than the 163 and set the cat among the pigeons (read Verna crdi sx(0), rapid elegance, vento highline.

This one has good FE too. (discounting the UK marketing figures of 20 kmpl in city...even then it should at least give 14)

Quoting from speedrizz.com :

"
Under the hood, the Chevrolet Cruze is powered by 1.7-liter VCDi diesel engine which is developing a total output of 128 horsepower (130 PS) at 4000 rpm and 300Nm (221 lb-ft) maximum torque at 2.000 rpm -2500 rpm. It can accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 9.4 seconds with a top speed of 200 km/hours (124 mph).
the fuel economy of the Chevrolet Cruze is 51.3mpg (21.81 KM/L (4.59 L/100KM)) in the city and 72.4 mpg (30.78 KM/L (3.25 L/100KM)) on the highway. Meanwhile the average CO2 emission rate of the Chevrolet Cruze is 117g/km."
Closed Thread