Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 26th April 2013, 11:45   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Media / Ad Blunders

Another one involving the FIAT's new ad. Overall, its a lovely ad and one of the best car ads that I have seen recently.

But in the ad, they show an old FIAT but it's a much later Premier Padmini (& not a FIAT). This can be known as the orientation of wipers they show in the ad (they don't show the full car) is the orientation adopted by PAL in the later years. The sweep in older Fiat (1100D) was from right to left when looking from the driver's perspective, but the car in the ad has the opposite sweep like the later Padmini's had!

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2013, 12:32   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I guess PP/PAL is (meant) FIAT to the common man then. So they just picked up a Premier Padmini for the Advt.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2013, 12:46   #18
BHPian

Do you guys remember the last skoda ad for the Laura vrs where they show rear wheel spin. Would love to know how to do it on a FWD car
elantracrdi05 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2013, 12:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post
Do you guys remember the last skoda ad for the Laura vrs where they show rear wheel spin. Would love to know how to do it on a FWD car
Really? That's mother of all blunders then! I am yet to see...oops, witness this magic.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 16:01   #20
BHPian

Noticed this blunder in our very own Tbhp . When i opened the thread which is titled "...Mahindra First Choice - yes it was my BIG mistake" - a Mahindra First Choice (MFC) Ad pops up on the same page. The member goes on to describe in detail the woes of puchasing a used car from MFC and the banner ad keeps changing to coax the readers attention!

Though i appreciate the program logic which displays the ads based on some textual content on the page, IMHO this particlar display may not win MFC many fans.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tbhp Ads.pdf (298.1 KB, 561 views)
Rajeev1 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 10:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing , i had not seen this earlier anywhere and thank god for that!! This one is so so bad , wonder what the though process of the markting departments and the agencies are sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohi_rao View Post
This new animation touted as "baap of cars" for Scorpio is like a shame on the SUV.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 09:39   #22
BHPian

I was reading through the new Micra India home page and check what i found. Circled in Red.
Attached Thumbnails
Media / Ad Blunders-micra.jpg  

hyper-VTEC is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 09:53   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I was reading through the new Micra India home page and check what i found.
I guess this is the same advertising firm which did the Skoda advertisement in first post Skoda-ABS

Beats me how such basic error went unnoticed by the manufactures.
mpksuhas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 09:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I was reading through the new Micra India home page and check what i found. Circled in Red.
This Anti-Braking system seems to be a pretty common error in the Automotive world. I have seen atleast half a dozen advertisements till date that has this misspelt and am pretty sure will see a few more down the road.
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 22:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I guess this is the same advertising firm which did the Skoda advertisement in first post Skoda-ABS

Beats me how such basic error went unnoticed by the manufactures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
This Anti-Braking system seems to be a pretty common error in the Automotive world. I have seen atleast half a dozen advertisements till date that has this misspelt and am pretty sure will see a few more down the road.
As long as the ABS does what it is intended to do, these errors can be overlooked . But doesn't these MNC car companies have big advertising budgets?
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 16:44   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Media blunders

We all come across mistakes or even blunders the media do on products, news, advertisements etc. Sometimes it's on the specs of a product while at other times, it's with the images.

Though in the past I have come across some, I have never put it in the forum I guess.

Came across this one in a Malayalam online daily. The news item is about the Chevrolet Cruze facelift launched some time back and the news accompanied with the pic of a Nissan Sunny!

Media / Ad Blunders-cruze_sunny.png

Edit:: Not sure we have a similar thread. If so, please merge. Also I guess we need NOT restrict this to vehicles alone. So this could be moved to Shifting Gears.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th February 2014 at 16:45.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 19:13   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

This happened many years ago in The Netherlands when Fiat introduced their then latest model the Croma. Nobody had informed them that Croma is a Dutch household brand name for cooking butter. So the Italians show up to do the unveil and every Dutch journalist breaks out a package of butter!
Jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 08:43   #28
BHPian

Media / Ad Blunders-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406689779.181114.jpg

This ad for the new Polo is running in the local newspapers. They claim to have dual front airbags as standard and proudly proclaim " first in class" - to my mind Skoda Fabia (same class) has the same as standard across variants when they launched more than 10 years back.

Also could anybody tell me what "tosa" alloys are ?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Rajeev1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 10:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Post Re: Media / Ad Blunders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
Attachment 1267931

This ad for the new Polo is running in the local newspapers. They claim to have dual front airbags as standard and proudly proclaim " first in class" - to my mind Skoda Fabia (same class) has the same as standard across variants when they launched more than 10 years back.

You are absolutely right, Sir. My friend's 'active' (base) variant diesel Fabia sported 2 front airbags. VW should have known this better..

TOSA is just a name coined by VW for the new Polo's new alloy design.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 10:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Media / Ad Blunders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
Wow, you've got to give it to them! Whoever the TOSA are, they have managed to evade the mighty google.

Tosa seems to be a village in Japan based on the multiple search engines. Some jewellery makers have the trademark for Tosa based on one of the sites. I've no idea how any of these could be related to alloy wheels.

May be their next facelift might have Neo or Plati alloys as a highlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
You are absolutely right, Sir. My friend's 'active' (base) variant diesel Fabia sported 2 front airbags. VW should have known this better..

TOSA is just a name coined by VW for the new Polo's new alloy design.
Since they own Fabia too, no one would officially make any issue out of this!

As for TOSA, it seems to be already a registered trademark, though for an unrelated thing. Not sure how they can use someone else's trademark so liberally.

Last edited by zenren : 30th July 2014 at 10:37.
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote