Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 18:07   #151
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Single Person Commuting in a Car ? Good or Bad ?

Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Is it? Please care to share analysis if you have any which confirms your above claim. The only purpose behind posting the analysis was to know whats the percentage of 'things' involved in an accident.
Huh? The analysis that you have shared is NOT clear about what it presents. Does it present, who is more involved in accidents or who is more responsible for accidents?

What I mentioned in my post was response for either of the 2 cases.
Old 12th August 2011, 19:12   #152

My impression is that based on "necessity is the mother of all inventions" principle, the lack of resources will drive innovation in new fuel / drivetrains.

Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
This is what a developed country usually tells developing counties. Use less oil/switch to greener alternatives.
My thoughts exactly and I just remembered when George Bush equated rising food prices to more people from india being able to afford food

So, for example, just as an interesting thought for you, there are 350 million people in India who are classified as middle class. That's bigger than America. Their middle class is larger than our entire population.

"And when you start getting wealth, you start demanding better nutrition and better food, and so demand is high, and that causes the price to go up,"
src - Bush links high food prices to India - Hindustan Times
Old 12th August 2011, 20:02   #153
Distinguished - BHPian
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

precisement monsieur! well said indeed!
i couldnt agree more on this statement!
Go anywhere in Italy and this is visibly demonstrated - same with London or Brussels or Paris or practically anywhere else in Europe.
Look at Dubai - 5 years ago they didnt have a Metro - but they made it happen in 3 years flat when they decided to have one!

And India? - well, the less said, the better. (particularly Bengalooru my much loved home)
What we would do well to focus on is "quality of life and surroundings + infrastructure both general as well as social" - not on who has the bigger, better car or more money than the other!

Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Actually, roads in many older European cities are comparable in width to ours. Atleast those in our big(ish) cities.
They can manage perfectly fine with better planning and discipline inspite of having many more vehicles out.
What we need is a robust , comfortable, convenient public transport for those who wish to commute (majority of people) and disciplined, well managed traffic for the remaining who want to "drive".

This is actually a wrong topic on a car forum.
Note from Mod : Topic discussed enough, now closing

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2011 at 19:18. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread