Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 29th August 2014, 17:45   #61
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: New BMW X3 Officially out on Bmw.in. EDIT : Now launched @ Pg. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
For the performance hungry enthusiast.
Exactly. Just picked up my X3 30d yesterday, and its a blast. Didn't consider the facelift since the deals on the previous one were tempting, and the facelift didn't add anything in terms of features. And now the 30d isn't even here in the facelift.

While I actually do find the facelift looking more aggressive, after looking at the spec sheet I am very happy with my purchase.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 08:15   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Exactly. Just picked up my X3 30d yesterday, and its a blast. Didn't consider the facelift since the deals on the previous one were tempting, and the facelift didn't add anything in terms of features. And now the 30d isn't even here in the facelift.

While I actually do find the facelift looking more aggressive, after looking at the spec sheet I am very happy with my purchase.
Congrats Akshay! Smart choice. You picked up the car at the right time.

I did the same when the facelifted 5 was launched, got the prefacelift for 37 lakhs! Almost 7 lakh saving!

Do let me know what was the discount you got on the car, ex-showroom price if possible. Also do the Mumbai dealers have a lot of inventory left of the prefacelift?
Old 30th August 2014, 08:28   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just picked up my X3 30d yesterday, and its a blast. Didn't consider the facelift since the deals on the previous one were tempting
Congrats on your purchase , I am sure your price for 30d will be close to price of New 20d at which price point it does make sense specially since the changes are few .
Old 30th August 2014, 10:09   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats Akshay! Smart choice. You picked up the car at the right time.

I did the same when the facelifted 5 was launched, got the prefacelift for 37 lakhs! Almost 7 lakh saving!

Do let me know what was the discount you got on the car, ex-showroom price if possible. Also do the Mumbai dealers have a lot of inventory left of the prefacelift?
Thanks bud, yes it was the right time, though I wanted the car a tad bit earlier. Since it had to come from Chennai and was one of the last few in the country it took a short while longer.

Will PM you the pricing. Mumbai dealers still have some base models of the X3 in stock, there also may be one blue 30d left in Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats on your purchase , I am sure your price for 30d will be close to price of New 20d at which price point it does make sense specially since the changes are few .
Thank you. Yes it is similar, and thanks to a fellow BHPian I got details of the facelift about 2 weeks ago and then I knew I had made the right choice.
Old 16th September 2014, 23:43   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Thanks bud, yes it was the right time, though I wanted the car a tad bit earlier. Since it had to come from Chennai and was one of the last few in the country it took a short while longer.

Will PM you the pricing. Mumbai dealers still have some base models of the X3 in stock, there also may be one blue 30d left in Chennai.

Thank you. Yes it is similar, and thanks to a fellow BHPian I got details of the facelift about 2 weeks ago and then I knew I had made the right choice.
Congratulations for your purchase. I cannot PM you but is is possible to share here the price you got this beast.
Old 13th January 2015, 01:41   #66
BHPian

I stumbled on this thread when I was searching Navigation BMW INdia.

I bought a X3 LCI 2.0d. This is my first BMW car as I was driving an Audi Q3 before. I know it's not a fair comparison to pit Q3 against X3 but in terms of day to day usage I am really liking the X3 better than Q3. Ample power even with a 2.0d engine (Q3 was also a 2.0d) but much better and refined power. Q3 suffered from a terrible turbo lag which is vet much non existant here.

Liking the Driving flavors - EcoPro all the way up to Sport+ and if you drive in sports (S) or Manual mode using the gear lever, then you get even more push. Best part is the suspension adjustments due to dynamic dampening in the above modes.

However really upset that it has a 6.5in screen with no Navigation. it's not the Navigation I am missing much but the 10.2in screen allows much more than just navigation like BMW Apps etc. No rear camera as well.

I am hoping they allow upgrades to install NBT (609) Navi Professional and 6NR and 6SL features. If not, I might have to see if I can get them from Bimmer-Tech. They can do FSC oem activation with BMW NBT head unit.
But right now enjoying the JOY.

These German brands are notorious in that they will force one to think of buying the highest trim to get all features.
Old 19th March 2015, 17:01   #67
Team-BHP Support

BMW is gearing up to introduce a more powerful diesel engine for its X3 SUV in India. This engine is a 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder "30d" unit, which is capable of putting out 255 bhp and 560 Nm of torque.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 16th July 2015, 13:41   #68
Team-BHP Support

The BMW X3 xDrive30d M Sport has been launched in India. Please continue the discussion in this thread (BMW X3 xDrive30 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 59.90 lakh).
Closed Thread