wagon R 15 12.30%
alto 9 7.38%
palio 27 22.13%
ambassdor 1 0.82%
Swift 24 19.67%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st February 2006, 12:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Palio anyday! Superior Ride comfort, Spacious, High Safety, Good looks etc....
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 12:40   #32
BHPian

indica for sure.
1. Cheap car
2. Cheap parts
3. Sturdy
4. Roomy from inside
Beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 12:48   #33
BHPian

Indica for me, preferrably the turbo in red.

Space, comfort, ride quality, performance and ECONOMY.
I can live with the quality glitches.
hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 12:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Going by the list , the price bracket is generally < 5 Lakhs. Not considering the Palio 1.6

The heart may have wanted a Palio 1.6/Swift ZXi, but around that price one can get the Ikon 1.6 and with a wee bit more the Baleno LXi. So I wouldn't have gone for it.

Assuming my max budget to be 4L, I would have bought the Indica Xeta.

Assuming my max budget to be 5L, leaves me with the two most probable choices - both of which are missing from this list.
Swift VXi and the Getz.
I would have bought the Swift.

Will vote once the option is available.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 13:09   #35
BHPian

Talking Alto anytime

Hi guys,

Alto would be my choice as it has excellent FE and is VFM....no two opinions abt that.

Regards,
Turbofreak
turbofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 16:04   #36
BHPian

Talking

Palio weeeee........the most superior car of the lot..... and obviously my choice
sharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 16:15   #37
Team-BHP Support

Update: Swift has been added to the poll, albeit a bit late in the day!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 16:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Palio 1.6 eyes closed
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 16:37   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Update: Swift has been added to the poll, albeit a bit late in the day!
rtech, thanks for the addition.

hey guys,by this poll i thought we will have a rough idea of how close we represent the actual market.

assuminig that you voting is sincerely based on the question posed,voting pattern till now suggest palio as a favourite car, where as reality is something else.

it makes me think what relevance does the view point of a small community like us (more oriented towards performance) hold to automobile manufacturers in making their future decisions.

other inference that i could make out is majority of the voters in the forum belong to higher income bracket (upper middle class and above) and arent bothered about things like FE,maintenance,re sale value etc..

what do you think guys...
tifosikrishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 16:42   #40
BHPian

When you get your first car, you end up feeling the urge to do quite a few things the car may not have been designed for - like carrying 6 folks in your car.. along with a weekend worth of luggage.. visiting all kinds of places for picnics, etc..

Personally, I believe a WagonR/Santro fits the bill better with more space available (or so it seems). Based on my own experience in the past, I chose a WagonR.. I still think it was a good decision - has been easy on my purse and overall.. a nice package..

Palio is good if only the FE were better.. and the service prospects were more deterministic than the "your mileage might vary" type feeling that one gets!
kgc_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 16:53   #41
Team-BHP Support

Hmm... it looks more like "your first car" poll rather than entry level car. I mean with cars like M800 and Alto do 4L+ cars fit the norm of entry-level?

However from the above list it has to be an Indica as the first and only car for the next few years. When its the only set of wheels that you own and are going to have for some years lot many things take precedence. Indica looks pretty good, the quality levels have gone up a loooot (believe me) and the car is easy on maintenance (in fact very easy) and running cost (ok, how does Rs.600 for a 300km run sound?). So Indica it has to be.

tifosikrishna... if you look at the poll results Indica draws parallel with Palio. So it is not that TBhp is a bunch of rich, enthusiast kids who are away from the practical world. There is an equally big no. (till now exactly equal) who plumped for the Indica.

Last edited by Zappo : 21st February 2006 at 16:54.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 16:59   #42
BHPian

I chose the Swift as a first car. If it were to be an entry level car, I would go for the Alto.
parijnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 17:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Hmm... it looks more like "your first car" poll rather than entry level car. I mean with cars like M800 and Alto do 4L+ cars fit the norm of entry-level?
may be if you look at the post no 1, i guess i have expressed clearly about the intention of the poll.

ya, the question in the poll is a bit misleading. secondly, its not just the entry level car, i would like to extend it to other segments as well. i have mentioned about this in the first post as well.

Quote:
However from the above list it has to be an Indica as the first and only car for the next few years. When its the only set of wheels that you own and are going to have for some years lot many things take precedence. Indica looks pretty good, the quality levels have gone up a loooot (believe me) and the car is easy on maintenance (in fact very easy) and running cost (ok, how does Rs.600 for a 300km run sound?). So Indica it has to be.
indica was my choice too.

Quote:
tifosikrishna... if you look at the poll results Indica draws parallel with Palio. So it is not that TBhp is a bunch of rich, enthusiast kids who are away from the practical world. There is an equally big no. (till now exactly equal) who plumped for the Indica.
ya, indica and santro are very close to palio, but if you look at the share here and the actual market share, they are poles asunder. i thought if so many people are willing to buy a palio over others, inspite of the poor FE, it made me think that way.

anyway, lets see how the poll goes...

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 21st February 2006 at 17:15.
tifosikrishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 17:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Infact, I was a first time buyer with no realistic experience with cars. Still I went ahead and bought a Palio, unlike many first timer buyers who end up buying Santro/WagonR. Different strokes for different people... For me, it is Palio. The only change I can think of if I were to buy one now is that I would buy a 1.6 instead of the 1.2 I have now.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 19:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

getz or swift though i do not see a getz option here at all
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote