Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 20:50   #31
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 406
Thanked: 228 Times
Default re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

One more thing guys i also got word that the new A4's with quattro will be ckd (3.2 fsi and the 3.0 tdi). This is awesome news because then these cars will be for below 45 lacs on road mumbai.
i<3turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 20:56   #32
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 6,597 Times
Default re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
One more thing guys i also got word that the new A4's with quattro will be ckd (3.2 fsi and the 3.0 tdi). This is awesome news because then these cars will be for below 45 lacs on road mumbai.
That is indeed great news!

And this is probably the reason why we've been spotting an Audi in camouflage all over Mumbai. Audi seems very serious about our market. Localization is the key. It's my motto for the week.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 21:06   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
S350L-E240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: India
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 373 Times
Default re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

3.0 TDI Quattro if assembled in India will make it one of the finest cars in it's segment including value, thats amazing news, and any idea if Audi India will launch it in line with global debut?

And would Bang & Olufsen also be a part of the package after it's assembly in India?

And for those who wish to get a hint of how the A4 will look once facelifted do look up the A5/S5 facelift which should give a clear picture.

Regards,

P.S Why does Audi not consider making their entire lineup QUATTRO?

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 7th September 2011 at 21:20.
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 23:18   #34
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,938
Thanked: 1,913 Times
Default Re: Spotted A New Audi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kausu View Post
i think i spotted a new audi under testing as i was heading towards opera house today.
Me too spotted this same car at Parel heading towards Sion about 2 days back. Couldn't manage any pics as it whizzed past on the opposite side. And about 15mins later saw the Q3 heading in the same direction. The cars are really travelling the length & breadth of Mumbai.
PPS is offline  
Old 8th September 2011, 01:11   #35
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 406
Thanked: 228 Times
Default re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
3.0 TDI Quattro if assembled in India will make it one of the finest cars in it's segment including value, thats amazing news, and any idea if Audi India will launch it in line with global debut?

And would Bang & Olufsen also be a part of the package after it's assembly in India?

And for those who wish to get a hint of how the A4 will look once facelifted do look up the A5/S5 facelift which should give a clear picture.

Regards,

P.S Why does Audi not consider making their entire lineup QUATTRO?
I dont think they would have the b&o as a option because only cbu's get b&o from what i heard. They might get the bose and it will probably be in a package like the new A6. This also means that the A4 will be the only car in its segment with a rear view camera from what i heard since the passat has it. And yes guys this also means more hp in the 2.0 tdi boosting it up to somewhere in between 170-180. The 1.8 will most likely be discontinued and only have 2.0 t and a 2.0 tdi fwd and 3.2 fsi and 3.0 tdi awd.

Now that i think about it. I think they might also discontinue the 3.2 from the A4 line up and down grade to a smaller engine since it is a ckd now im guessing the legendary reliable 2.8 fsi same as the A6. Either that or they will de-tune the engine from 263 down to 230.

Yea and you my friend are completely correct about the A5 front end.
i<3turbo is offline  
Old 8th September 2011, 01:16   #36
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
I dont think they would have the b&o as a option because only cbu's get b&o from what i heard. They might get the bose and it will probably be in a package like the new A6. This also means that the A4 will be the only car in its segment with a rear view camera from what i heard since the passat has it. And yes guys this also means more hp in the 2.0 tdi boosting it up to somewhere in between 170-180. The 1.8 will most likely be discontinued and only have 2.0 t and a 2.0 tdi fwd and 3.2 fsi and 3.0 tdi awd.

Now that i think about it. I think they might also discontinue the 3.2 from the A4 line up and down grade to a smaller engine since it is a ckd now im guessing the legendary reliable 2.8 fsi same as the A6. Either that or they will de-tune the engine from 263 down to 230.

Yea and you my friend are completely correct about the A5 front end.
Yes the Passat has a rear view camera.

The 2.0tdi would be 177bhp I guess like the Q5 and other Audi's have.

I've heard the 3.2 is being changed to the 3.0t except in a lower tune than the S4.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 8th September 2011, 01:16   #37
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 406
Thanked: 228 Times
Default

And to answer your last question about making all models quattro my guess would be because it would be more expensive 1st of all, 2nd of all it wont be required for a country like india (not much snow) and for a enthusiast he can chip out a little more where he wont hurt his wallet and he can get a quattro and 3rd of all fwd varients are still available in the american and german market so you cant say all models are quattro abroad. (not saying your saying that, but thats how generally people think when they hear audi, 98% of the audi's i see in the US are awd)

Akshay i highly doubt that would happen. The 3.0t s/c engine is a very expensive engine i dont think they would put it in a regular A4. Anyways lets see you might be right because the new A5 has the same engine with a detuned ecu putting it at 260 hp instead of 290 or 333 like the S4 and S5.

My friend in the US has a S4 3.0t, he did a apr tune on it and he has gained 40hp. Its pretty amazing how these cars work.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th September 2011 at 09:21. Reason: Merging posts. Kindly refrain for posting back to back posts within 30mins.
i<3turbo is offline  
Old 8th September 2011, 07:33   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
3.0 TDI Quattro if assembled in India will make it one of the finest cars in it's segment including value, thats amazing news, and any idea if Audi India will launch it in line with global debut?

And would Bang & Olufsen also be a part of the package after it's assembly in India?
I<3turbo has already answered most questions. Yet i do feel that B & O might be offered as an extremely expensive option ? Just a hunch as i have this tendency to believe that with updates/facelifts, more and more options start becoming available to make it more attractive proposition.
I have no basis to support what i say since all other A4s i have ever seen be it 3.2 fsi or the lower ones, have had either Bose or Audi Symphony. Yet B & O just as an option would be nice though not many people would be interested i guess. Besides, the Bose i'v heard is more than sufficient.

Also Akshay & i<3turbo - One of the reasons why the facelift could sport the 3.0t is because its probably a newer engine ? Using the same engine in different tunes across the line up also saves expenses ,much like they did with the 3.0 TDI. So probably 3.0t @ 255-65hp seems to be a possibility.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 09:21   #39
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 406
Thanked: 228 Times
Default re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

The B8 audi a4 never had bose as an option in india. And that 3.0t is a really efficient engine. I remember reading on this other forum for audi's that the newer 3.0t's will have cylinder shut off of system or whatever its called. Anyways im 100% sure if they offer the 3.0t, the start stop will be standard then. Start stop as in the blue motion like the passat. Although audi only offers it on the petrol models here in india. The new A6 has this feature in the petrol models.
i<3turbo is offline  
Old 8th September 2011, 09:44   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
The B8 audi a4 never had bose as an option in india. And that 3.0t is a really efficient engine. I remember reading on this other forum for audi's that the newer 3.0t's will have cylinder shut off of system or whatever its called. Anyways im 100% sure if they offer the 3.0t, the start stop will be standard then. Start stop as in the blue motion like the passat. Although audi only offers it on the petrol models here in india. The new A6 has this feature in the petrol models.

The Bose i heard on an Audi A4 was in Germany, A4 Avant.
The technology you are referring to is variable valve timing. Its efficient but i suppose with drivers like me, it wont have a chance to stop the functioning of 1 or 2 cylinders ! The acci would always be pressed hard !
By the way, why arent they offering it on the Diesel models in India like BMW's efficient dynamics or Merc's Blue Efficiency ?
PlatzdaTurbo is offline  
Old 8th September 2011, 11:06   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
myavu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi - Kochi
Posts: 1,086
Thanked: 583 Times
Arrow re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

It's good news coming!

Hats off to Audi.

CKD kit for New Audi A4 3.0 TDi Quattro will pull the price down. A serious fight to 530d in engine game.

But one concern, if you look at Big Brothers A8 and A6 the A4 too will drive out of the showroom with minimum kit level. All comfort and luxury kitting will be optional. Just imagine that wonderful A4 LED eyes are not standard.

The current A4 is well kited out of the box.

So let us wait and watch. Fingers crossed.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline  
Old 8th September 2011, 11:12   #42
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,665 Times
Default re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
The Bose i heard on an Audi A4 was in Germany, A4 Avant.
The technology you are referring to is variable valve timing. Its efficient but i suppose with drivers like me, it wont have a chance to stop the functioning of 1 or 2 cylinders !
Variable valve timing is completely different. This is cylinder deactivation.
I doubt the Bose would compare to a B&O at all, I've heard the B&O on a friends 3.2 and its really very good I'm sure you would know. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
It's good news coming!

Hats off to Audi.

CKD kit for New Audi A4 3.0 TDi Quattro will pull the price down. A serious fight to 530d in engine game.

But one concern, if you look at Big Brothers A8 and A6 the A4 too will drive out of the showroom with minimum kit level. All comfort and luxury kitting will be optional. Just imagine that wonderful A4 LED eyes are not standard.

The current A4 is well kited out of the box.
I doubt they would lower the kit than what it is right now. Though they may offer more options. The LED strip will always be there but the LED headlights will be optional.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 8th September 2011, 11:19   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Variable valve timing is completely different. This is cylinder deactivation.
I doubt the Bose would compare to a B&O at all, I've heard the B&O on a friends 3.2 and its really very good I'm sure you would know. lol.



I doubt they would lower the kit than what it is right now. Though they may offer more options. The LED strip will always be there but the LED headlights will be optional.

No i mean, I am guessing Variable Valve Timing might be the technology incorporated by Audi. A guess, i dont know for sure.

Who is comparing the 2 ? Its downright silly.
I am saying, Bose would suffice for MOST. The 12 speaker system is fantastic.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline  
Old 8th September 2011, 11:27   #44
BHPian
 
i<3turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai/Philadel
Posts: 406
Thanked: 228 Times
Default

Platzda i meant bose has never been offered as an option in india on the B8 models. The only thing negative about the quattro models being ckd is that you cant customize them through audi exclusive.

Platzda on a side note the audi symphony is actually designed by b&o for the A4. I remember seeing a video online on audi tv.

So the new things to expect from the new facelifted A4:
1.engine start stop technology in the petrol models (might be only the 3.0t though if they decide to use that engine)
2.start stop for the ignition
3.a completely different mmi, maybe they will have a mmi low and a mmi high option
4.led head lights as an option
5.bose will be offered as an option in a package
6.3.0t or 3.2 fsi and 3.0tdi q models will be a ckd priced about 36-38 lacs ex showrool mumbai depending on the package you go for.
7.a much needed increase of power in the 2.0 tdi to 177 same along with the 2.0t as well will be increased to somewhere between 195-210
8.possible dsg offered in the 2.0's? Well audi doesnt have a dsg gear box in india for fwd models so lets see, maybe they can use the same setup as the passat
9.paddle shifters (superb and the passat have em so why not)
10.rear view camera on quattro models in a package, possibly in the fwd models as well?
11.mmi touch?
12.memory seats standard?


Note from the Team-BHP Support Team:
Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by bblost : 8th September 2011 at 14:19. Reason: back to back posts.
i<3turbo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th September 2011, 14:45   #45
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,938
Thanked: 1,913 Times
Default re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Spotted the A4 test mule at Parle a couple of days back. I quite like the 5 spoke alloys on the car. Also managed a video of the car.

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-080920111450.jpg

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-080920111452.jpg

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-080920111454.jpg

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-080920111458.jpg

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-080920111459.jpg

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-080920111470.jpg

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-080920111472.jpg



PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Rapid facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.35 lakhs volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 223 15th December 2016 16:58
Scoop! Next-generation Audi A4 caught testing in India san_udyawar The Indian Car Scene 59 24th October 2016 11:47
Scoop! Maruti Alto K10 facelift caught EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 3.06 lakh CARDEEP The Indian Car Scene 189 27th November 2014 15:51
SCOOP! Skoda Superb facelift caught on test Achyuth Vaibhav The Indian Car Scene 19 17th January 2014 02:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks