Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th March 2007, 16:15   #241
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, I again called up a Tata-Fiat today to enquire about the Palio. They confirmed that its coming in April 2007. Also, they still have the 1.6 GTX. The most imporatant point that they made is that the Adventure is still made out of the Kurla plant and is available at a mouth watering price of 566,000 ON ROAD in MUMBAI. Any takers....?

Wish I had some extra cash!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 16:28   #242
Senior - BHPian

Adventure 1.6 at 5.6lacs is really Mouth watering!!!

Maybe I should grab one
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 17:02   #243
BHPian

Today's (9/3/07) DNA has an article on FIAT. It says that henceforth FIAT will sell its cars thru TATA only. Does this mean end of Fiat-only dealerships? What about Palio-D? Won't it clash with Indica ? Interesting times ahead!
cartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 12:59   #244
BHPian

Guys,

Tomrrow palio 1100 is not launching its postponed, sorry guys for not giving you authentic information.
007 Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 21:58   #245
vamshi_v

I checked with Anuroop Hyderabad. They told that this month they are not expecting the launch.
Hyundai has done good thing that they are going to launch Getz 1.1 on 29th.
Old 11th March 2007, 00:43   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Guys,

Tomrrow palio 1100 is not launching its postponed, sorry guys for not giving you authentic information.
Postponed till April I guess?
Old 11th March 2007, 00:57   #247
BHPian

Love FIAT cars especially palio / Petras but hate the company's lethargic attitude in India.

No business can flourish like this.

I have always praised FIAT cars and stuck / supported it in all the bad times ... even thought of buying Petra when launched but wisely backed off.

Hope they are not going to make April fool of themselvse by launching the new palio on 1st April.

Anyways my heart still yearns for all FIAT cars no matter what.

Just hope that they play better innings this time around.
namit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2007, 08:53   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
Anyways my heart still yearns for all FIAT cars no matter what.

Just hope that they play better innings this time around.
I agree with you Namit...Same reason why I bought a Zen istead of a Palio....still love the car...but really admire Maruti's customer Service network....it Simply ROCKS!
Old 11th March 2007, 12:14   #249

It must be a Palio Diesel 1.9 for sure, 100BHP?????? no way!
Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 13:54   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I agree with you Namit...Same reason why I bought a Zen istead of a Palio....still love the car...but really admire Maruti's customer Service network....it Simply ROCKS!
I agree that looks wise, the Palio still makes heads turn. I see 3 test mules (2 whites and another a black) in Aundh, Pune almost regularly. Once I saw 6 test cars together. That was a nice sight.

Pradeep
pradkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 22:30   #251
Senior - BHPian

Hi all

I checked with javali bangalore. Some crazy bloke answered the phone and he says only 1.1 petrol will be launched. he wasnt even in the mood to answer queries on 1.6 or 1.2. and for 1.3 he said that might be in september or so. now i am really confused and simply dont know whome to believe on this
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 22:42   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Hi all

I checked with javali bangalore. Some crazy bloke answered the phone and he says only 1.1 petrol will be launched. he wasnt even in the mood to answer queries on 1.6 or 1.2. and for 1.3 he said that might be in september or so. now i am really confused and simply dont know whome to believe on this
at what time did you call.. 9:00PM ... must be drunk
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 08:43   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all

Actually these sales people in car showrooms have no knowledge on automobiles .. its just they have been trained to speak and praise what they are taught / told and rest is there own perspective / outlook of the car they are supposed to sell.
Now in case of Fiat cars which are like refugees in TATA showrooms and as it is FIAT yet does not have any new models after the tie up and these guys see no significant response for FIAT cars hence think that they are bad cars and dont do there homework / study on FIAT cars to convince prospective customers contacting them.
I still come across some people who are novice on cars saying that Palio is a failure ... sorry guys its not palio but FIAT India which failed.
Do not listen to them ... they will have right news on Fiat only when Fiat makes an impression with new lineup of cars and then they would be forced to learn more about Fiat bcoz there job is to sell / market the cars which have demand and hopefully someday in India Fiat cars will have demand.
kuch zada hi optimistic hoo ... kya karoo dil ka mamla hai.
Old 13th March 2007, 08:46   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Same here ... i bought Santro when my heart yearned for Palio and later Aveo whereas my heart was all out for Petra.

But in hindsight i am happy.
Old 13th March 2007, 08:52   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all

Javali, Bangalore is crazy, These people are insane.. I had a very bad experience while/after servicing my petra1.6.
Donot believe them as they may not have any info about fiat petrol cars, They only deal in Diesel petra and palio.
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote